Discussion: WR board

Advertisement
@John77 if you think I’ll have any restraint on you because of my enslaved mod status, if you start with the negative votes I will absolutely start annihilating you again and/or infract you for being a serial downvoter and not give 2 *****... and no one else will either because you outright suck.

Consider yourself formally warned.

Down voting?! The horror.....

Advertisement
He was just a LSU fan & after seeing them go undefeated he probably just like most kids is hoping on the LSU bandwagon.

But he most likely is not a take for LSU, which means every other school recruiting him has chance.

LSU been his dream school before they went undefeated and won it all.

This isn’t a random act. Serial downvoter /dumbvoter. I already tore him up a 100 ways before I was a mod. Now I’m not gonna play with him.

What's wrong with down voting?

If down voting needs to be moderated, why give us the ability to down vote?

What's wrong with down voting?

If down voting needs to be moderated, why give us the ability to down vote?
It doesn’t need to be moderated for the average normal human. I get downvoted and don’t say anything. This person with me is different. There are certain people who do things serially to others and they have been warned or infracted before. This guy ordinarily serially dumbvotes me. He’s been warned. I will once again annihilate him on here in the ruthless ways I did before and/or infract him. There will be a price either way. Idgaf

Last edited:
Let’s discuss the prospects on the board and how you would mold this class. Feel free to add guys you feel we should be talking about or be offered.

Jacolby George - bit of a project and looks like he’ll gain strength/speed once he hits the weight room. Understands spacing and it’s hard to find better hands. Needs a gym.

Brashard Smith - More of a weapon than a WR or RB. Legit Speed and might have gotten bigger and faster. I worry that him being positionless though might limit the potential

Mello Brinson - Lanky, athletic vertical threat. Maybe the 2nd best pure WR in SFL? He definitely a kid that’ll explode in a weight room and get faster.

Bralon Brown - A bit of a speed concern. I’ve personally have cooled on him. Real physical with a big catch radius. Not a polished WR like Mello but is college built which Mello needs to work on.

Christian Leary - Speed but with a thick build. Is an actual WR while Brashard is more of a weapon even though Christian needs to improve his route running. Really skilled in the open field, possible returner in College.

Jacorey Brooks - Mello and him are similar but Jacorey is probably longer and has a bigger wingspan. Has speed concerns but ran 22.18 in the 200 so I would expect him to run in the 4.6 range just like Mello would next time they test. Really good hands.

Malik Nabers - Really tough kid. Is big enough and has good athleticism. Good in it comes to getting YAC. Doesn’t have a tremendous route tree but has the tools to become a great route runner. Decent pair of mitts and he has a good release.

Jaden Alexis - The man at Monarch with legit speed. Easily could be an elite CB as he could be at WR. Good hands but needs to expand the route tree. Can probably play outside or inside. Leaning Texas apparently.

Yulkieth Brown - Another speed demon that’s more of a weapon than any position. Really good route runner but there’s a hands question here. Really dynamic in the open field. Off topic but he has CB tape and he looks good. Make me wonder why we took Malik Curtis when Yul is probably the same size and is a better ball player.

Guys we should be talking about or offered:

Eric McAlister - Big, 6’3 high jumper/basketball player from Texas that’s really productive. I’m just going to post the thread on him and leave it at that.

Chase Smith - People like using Isaiah Simmons as a comp but I noticed today that he doesn’t have a big frame which kind of puts a dent in that and I can’t get over his hands. Look, he’s literally got some of the best hands in this class and some of the catches he makes on tape are ridiculous. Production wise he’s similar to Mello and he’s longer. He definitely has the speed to play there. I also think he’ll be in the 4.6 range but he needs a weight room plus a little more flexibility. I think he’s just as good as Mello at WR. Don’t believe me? Watch his tape in entirety.

My Class:

JaColby George
Mello Brinson
Chase Smith

I’ve been adamant about needing some athletic length on the outside and Mello and Chase are both going to be high 4.4, low 4.5 guys (maybe faster) once they get in this weight room and I think both can be high round picks. I went with JaColby over Eric just because I can’t turn down his hands and I think JaColby is gonna be real fast once he hits the weight room. That’s something that all three hit, hands with athleticism. They won’t drop balls and that’s something we’ve struggled with last year. Bunch of high floor/ceiling guys that I think will play in the league.

Did you see Chase Smith up close and personal to tell if he has a big frame or not?

Advertisement
You very clearly do.
You clearly don’t get it. Idgaf one way or the other how he pays if he resorts back to that shît. There’s a price if he wants to continuously **** with me. He doesn’t get to do it freely without recourse. That’s how I am.

I listened to a few folks about Brashard Smoth who said he’s overrated and then committed to Gators and didn’t bother looking into him further. Finally watched his film and holy crap dude is a playmaker and has speed and we need to lock him up.
My thing is that we need actual WRs instead of weapons. We couldn’t catch the football last year and that needs to be addressed. I can start to bring in weapons and start figuring out how to use them after I can do the basics. He wouldn’t be much of a weapon if all I do is go to him in packages.
Did you see Chase Smith up close and personal to tell if he has a big frame or not?
Don’t have to when I can just take a look at his Twitter if I think it...and I can go to his scouting report by Greg Biggins who says the same thing. It had nothing to do with Brashard but more of I need to win on the outside and catch the football.

Behave yourself Drew, the mods know it’s you.

Advertisement
So what would the top 10 ranking look for WRs we want?

I assume Jaden Alexis is #1...
Honestly I think it looks for the most part like this

Outside:
1A- Brooks
1B- Brinson
3- Nabers
4- George
5- Brown

Inside
1- Alexis
2- Leary
3- George
4- Smith
5- Yul

Advertisement
This **** is not difficult
Brinson
Alexis or Nabers
George
Smith or Brown, preferably whoever commits first
Chase Smith in my opinion is a OLB/ Striker
You also have Malik Curtis who is committed as a CB, but will not be surprise of he ends up play WR. You have to also be realistic..... there is a chance that guys like Brinson or Alexis might not come to UM.

We offered back in January, he's a Canes legacy being TE Willie Smith son & his HC at Bayside played for Manny at Miss St.

Its unclear if the staff is recruiting him but he has said he likes Miami a lot, if we were to recruit him it would really difficult to not land him, we'd literally have to try not to, but this is Miami & we're the best at making the easiest & most obvious thing the more difficult than it should.

" but this is Miami & we're the best at making the easiest & most obvious thing the more difficult than it should"

This hurts because it is so true.

My thing is that we need actual WRs instead of weapons. We couldn’t catch the football last year and that needs to be addressed. I can start to bring in weapons and start figuring out how to use them after I can do the basics. He wouldn’t be much of a weapon if all I do is go to him in packages.

Don’t have to when I can just take a look at his Twitter if I think it...and I can go to his scouting report by Greg Biggins who says the same thing. It had nothing to do with Brashard but more of I need to win on the outside and catch the football.

Behave yourself Drew, the mods know it’s you.

I think we will play much better in an up tempo fun offense. Enos’s offense like Richts was boring, slow, and easy to be uninterested that results in lack of focus and drops. I think you always take playmakers/weapons. We may have drops but I expect better results.

We need receivers that first of all catch the football, good grief how many drops do we average per game.

If our new OC offense is as explosive as advertised, don't be surprise if our 2 Junior WR turn pro - as we all have become accustomed to at the U

Advertisement
Back