Discussion: WR board

Advertisement
I think you might be looking at the numbers wrong in this case, its the 25 limit that i think prevents us from taking 4.

We're at 13 right now need a QB, 1-2 more OL, 1 LB, 2 DEs, Safety, CB

thats puts us at 20-21. Williams the grad transfer would count as well.

do you go 4 WRs, 3 WRs and APB, 3WRs and take another DL or DB?

going to be interesting
3 WR's and another RB. Harley is the only one leaving after this year and it's possible two rbs could leave after this year which would only leave us with two.

Smith scored 13 TDs on 36 touches against quality competition. Brown bounced around schools and had an average junior year.

Smith is also the faster player.

Sure doesn't look faster

Where are you getting that stat? The kid only touched the ball 36 times on all season?

Last edited:
Smith scored 13 TDs on 36 touches against quality competition. Brown bounced around schools and had an average junior year.

Brown is starting to feel like Sam Bruce lol - highly ranked, dominant in camps, well known name, but so so in games. I could be way off but that seems like a decent comparison.

Advertisement
I think you might be looking at the numbers wrong in this case, its the 25 limit that i think prevents us from taking 4.

We're at 13 right now need a QB, 1-2 more OL, 1 LB, 2 DEs, Safety, CB

thats puts us at 20-21. Williams the grad transfer would count as well.

do you go 4 WRs, 3 WRs and APB, 3WRs and take another DL or DB?

going to be interesting
1 QB
1 RB
2 TE's
4 WR's
4 OL's
4 DL's (2 DT/ 2 DE's)
3 LB's
3 CB's
2 Safeties
1 Kicker = 25

1 QB
1 RB
2 TE's
4 WR's
4 OL's
4 DL's (2 DT/ 2 DE's)
3 LB's
3 CB's
2 Safeties
1 Kicker = 25
You really wouldn't take 2 rbs? I guess if Cam and/or Burns stays then 1 is fine but I'm preparing for both leaving just based off the past.

From 247 and MaxPreps. 13 TDs on 36 catches. Almost all were long TDs. He's electric.

Smith also had a verified 4.40 forty per 247. Don't know where it's from but I assume it's an FAU camp.

OK you said touches...not catches. Again I like the kid. Yul Brown looks a little different on tape and in those 1-on-1 clips.

Advertisement
OK you said touches...not catches. Again I like the kid. Yul Brown looks a little different on tape and in those 1-on-1 clips.

Yeah, I went back and looked and he had four runs. So 13 TDs on 40 touches. Which is unique considering the length of those TDs and the quality of competition.

1 QB
1 RB
2 TE's
4 WR's
4 OL's
4 DL's (2 DT/ 2 DE's)
3 LB's
3 CB's
2 Safeties
1 Kicker = 25

If no Moise, or Moise is the 4th OL I'm going this (would love to see 26-27 and think that may happen)
1 QB
2 RB
2 TE
3 WR
4 OL
3 DT
2 DE
3 LB/ATH
2 CB
1 S
1 K
1 Curtis

The spots that are iffy for me are RB2...DT3..Maybe even OL4 (with Walker now in)

Can replace them with DE3, or DB4 (safety or corner), or WR4 (If Curtis stays on D)...Like I said, hoping for 26 though.

Yeah, I went back and looked and he had four runs. So 13 TDs on 40 touches. Which is unique considering the length of those TDs and the quality of competition.

Wait...He only ran the ball 4 times? I thought this kid played a lot of RB? Or did that end after sophomore year?

Smith scored 13 TDs on 36 catches against quality competition. Brown bounced around schools and had an average junior year.

Can't you attribute Browns numbers being down to literally switching teams in the middle of the season? He didn't even play a full season last year & wasn't the focal point of Central's offense due to his late transfer.

But when he was on one team for a full season he was electric & rushed for over 1400yds & 22 total TD's.

The Speed is a push to me, neither have a verified 40 time, both have a good shuttle with Yul's being slightly quicker, but either way they're both plenty fast. It don't seem like Smith is significantly faster, he probably is in pure straight line speed but Yul is an 11.00 in the 100, I haven't seen any track numbers on Smith but I would guess he's a couple tenths faster. I doubt it's like a 10.5/6 to Yul's 11. But lateral quickness & change of direction I give the edge to Yul.

I would take Smith if we can't get Yul, but if we can get Brown I think he's the better player overall.

Advertisement
If no Moise, or Moise is the 4th OL I'm going this (would love to see 26-27 and think that may happen)
1 QB
2 RB
2 TE
3 WR
4 OL
3 DT
2 DE
3 LB/ATH
2 CB
1 S
1 K
1 Curtis

The spots that are iffy for me are RB2...DT3..Maybe even OL4 (with Walker now in)

Can replace them with DE3, or DB4 (safety or corner), or WR4 (If Curtis stays on D)...Like I said, hoping for 26 though.
I laughed at the "1 Curtis". That's a good breakdown. I think the musts are 2 rbs, 4 OL, 3 cbs, and obviously a qb.

But when he was on one team for a full season he was electric & rushed for over 1400yds & 22 total TD's.

That was at Gulliver, though. Lot of cupcakes on that schedule.

Don't get me wrong-- I like Yul and think he can play here. But I would rank Smith higher and expect that he will ultimately be recruited by higher level schools. I could see Yul ending up at a place like Nebraska.

Dont think we really need 2 de's would give the spot to either another o lineman or rb
I think we can take one of the Slot-backs who are also RB's & use them as a RB as well.

That's why I like Yul in that spot, to me he's a better RB than Daniels. I think taking a 2nd RB if it's Daniels is a waste of a spot because he's limited in upside, he's a high floor low ceiling type of player that isn't multi-use.

Yulkeith can play both RB & Slot at the next level.

Advertisement
Brown's versatility separates him IMO.

He could legitimately be a Slot WR, RB or Nickel CB in college, Smith is versatile as well, but I believe he's more of a Slot-WR only, not that there's anything wrong with that, but Yul is a potential P5 1,000 yard RB if he wants to be.

It'll probably be first come first serve, but if the option is between Yul or Brashard I'm taking Yulkieth all day.

To me he kills two birds with one stone, because it looks like we're amping up our contact with Amari Daniels, Yul is a better RB than Daniels & a better WR than Smith IMO. I think he's a no brainer take.
I was just about to bring up AD. If things keep trending with him and he commits, IMO we take whomever will commit first between Yul/Brashard. Then we pretty much have 2 WR slots left because George likely locks his spot down June 6th. Tiers or no tiers, while I love Chase Smith as LB/STR, if he says he'll commit as a WR we take him immediately and then we have 1 spot open. If Chase agrees to come onboard as a true ATH and let the staff choose where he fits best on the team, we have 2 spots, hopeful to be locked down by Romello-Alexis.

Now where things get dicey, and I'll leave this as a question...if we get George-Romello-Yul-Alexis and then Brashard wants in badly, do we take him? IMO while 5 WR is a bit much, I say we do it and unleash these guys on the practice fields.

Dont think we really need 2 de's would give the spot to either another o lineman or rb

I think minimum 2 DE is a must...If Jaelen Phillips has ANY type of year I can't see this kid wanting to stay in school forever...Rousseau's gone. I personally can't see Brissett being a DE despite the experiment, but even if you count him I don't want to get caught light here. I wouldn't even argue with a 3rd but agree there is bigger needs.

That was at Gulliver, though. Lot of cupcakes on that schedule.

Don't get me wrong-- I like Yul and think he can play here. But I would rank Smith higher and expect that he will ultimately be recruited by higher level schools. I could see Yul ending up at a place like Nebraska.
I mean Gully Prep is Gully prep, we've had lots of players from there, competition never seemed to be an issue.

And Yulkeith is a City boy Idk what he was doing at Gully in the first place but he's played against high level Dade comp since he was in optimist league & on the 7v7 circuit, I don't think he'll struggle playing a full season at Central where he has a more defined role.

And if he were to end up at Nebraska it would have to be because of grades, but as of now he's being recruited by Penn St, TAMU & FSU. Brashard is being recruited by UF, Auburn, Oregon & Tenn, both have LSU in their top schools list neither are a take for LSU, so Idk how much being recruited by some mid level SEC teams as opposed to some mid level B1G teams really says anything about the player overall.

I think Smith is very talented & would take, I just think Yul can be special as a college Slot WR or RB, either way if we get one of'em its a win for us.

Advertisement
Back