Dionte Mullins gets physically big in UM's strength program

LOL at the CIS obsession with FBs. 5 game breaking WRs and an NFL TE, and CIS wants a FB on the field.

Last year it was the 300 pound transfer from Mars Hill who was going to revolutionize our offense. I tried to tell you guys it's an antiquated position that would get abot 6 to 8 reps per game. Nah. You guys didn't want to hear it. Now Gray is the next bigtime FB. LULZ

I mentioned him as a FB only to get another athlete on the field. I mean would you rather the kid get a chance at FB or never play a meaningful minute in his career at UM.

Advertisement
LOL at the CIS obsession with FBs. 5 game breaking WRs and an NFL TE, and CIS wants a FB on the field.

Last year it was the 300 pound transfer from Mars Hill who was going to revolutionize our offense. I tried to tell you guys it's an antiquated position that would get abot 6 to 8 reps per game. Nah. You guys didn't want to hear it. Now Gray is the next bigtime FB. LULZ

you're the same guy that last year used to get his rocks off on the numbers kayaa was putting up in spring with richt calling plays

you're that same guy

You're the guy last year who was openly sobbing and begging for prayers as a thunderstorm rolled into your neck of the trailer park.

You're that same guy.

I mentioned him as a FB only to get another athlete on the field. I mean would you rather the kid get a chance at FB or never play a meaningful minute in his career at UM.

With how little depth we have at RB, that's where he should stay.

I'd rather we play the best players who give us the best chance to score TDs as often as possible. If Gray isn't one of those guys then I don't care if he never sees the field. He will have gotten a $250k scholarship in exchange for nothing. He will have won that deal, and I'll wish him well.

I'd rather we play the best players who give us the best chance to score TDs as often as possible. If Gray isn't one of those guys then I don't care if he never sees the field. He will have gotten a $250k scholarship in exchange for nothing. He will have won that deal, and I'll wish him well.

fair enough

Advertisement
Some of you are still suffering PTSD from the Golden era. It's normal for kids to put on weight like this as long as it's good weight and not Mcdonalds double cheesburgers. Mullins may be a little too heavy at 200lbs and they may ask him to cut a little bit over the summer but I'll leave that up to the coaches.

Mark Richt said sophomore wide receiver Dionte Mullins “caught my eye,” because he’s “much more sure of what he’s doing. He’s in good condition."

He ran a 4.48 as a senior - faster than Richards and Bruce. He was a fast guy to begin with. And players do gain speed and explosiveness with weight if it's done correctly - which it probably was since we have a quality staff....

Mullins wasnt the fastest guy to begin with.

Being +20lbs will not help his explosiveness.

Post your source please.

Advertisement

if he can play the spot, i think it'll be advantageous to have that type of player on the team. again, IF he's a willing blocker

chise, i havent seen any obsessiveness or talk about revolutionizing the offense. it's either the kid learns the FB spot, he wastes a schollie for another year or 2, or he transfers. in so far as he's here, i dont see the downside in having him learn the FB role. hes got plus athleticism for the position, and if he can come in and create a potential mismatch, even if it's once or twice throughout the season near the goaline or on a 3rd/4th & short, it could potentially be a big difference in a game.

i recall us hitting marquez out in the flat a few times last year, maybe even once for a touchdown. he wasnt even close to being the biggest waste of a roster spot last year.

[MENTION=5857]Scorpion[/MENTION]

[MENTION=1542]BrazilCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=1458]De Pinga[/MENTION] [MENTION=6030]Ibis Wingz[/MENTION] [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION] [MENTION=146]NoVaCane04[/MENTION] [MENTION=6961]GrozDozer[/MENTION] [MENTION=37]CanesAreAble[/MENTION] [MENTION=10717]We the Boss[/MENTION]

if he can play the spot, i think it'll be advantageous to have that type of player on the team. again, IF he's a willing blocker

chise, i havent seen any obsessiveness or talk about revolutionizing the offense. it's either the kid learns the FB spot, he wastes a schollie for another year or 2, or he transfers. in so far as he's here, i dont see the downside in having him learn the FB role. hes got plus athleticism for the position, and if he can come in and create a potential mismatch, even if it's once or twice throughout the season near the goaline or on a 3rd/4th & short, it could potentially be a big difference in a game.

i recall us hitting marquez out in the flat a few times last year, maybe even once for a touchdown. he wasnt even close to being the biggest waste of a roster spot last year.

Our HC is currently complaining about depth at RB. Why would we move one? Rick was playing a walk on RB at UGA a couple years ago at RB due to injuries. Gray isn't exactly a utility man who has proven he can master several positions. If you need a FB for 6 to 8 situational plays per game there is some gritty hardnosed walkon you can stick in there.

Advertisement

you're the same guy that last year used to get his rocks off on the numbers kayaa was putting up in spring with richt calling plays

you're that same guy

You're the guy last year who was openly sobbing and begging for prayers as a thunderstorm rolled into your neck of the trailer park.

You're that same guy.

200w_d.gif

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Had no idea we had so many personal trainers on here...

Cats regulating certain players weight... Don't y'all think Felder & the S&C program knows where they want these guys to be?

You think these dudes are just putting on weight without the staff having any say so in it?

Our HC is currently complaining about depth at RB. Why would we move one? Rick was playing a walk on RB at UGA a couple years ago at RB due to injuries. Gray isn't exactly a utility man who has proven he can master several positions. If you need a FB for 6 to 8 situational plays per game there is some gritty hardnosed walkon you can stick in there.
Yup...

Plus, a FB's primary job in this Offense is to Block... Has Choc ever shown he has the ability to block since he's been here?

Dude's coming off shredded ACL & he supposed to be the next FB, that isn't very practical.

Advertisement

you're that same guy

You're that same guy.

L
O
L

Yup...

Plus, a FB's primary job in this Offense is to Block... Has Choc ever shown he has the ability to block since he's been here?

Dude's coming off shredded ACL & he supposed to be the next FB, that isn't very practical.

Thank you. It's the same reason they never moved Gus Edwards to fullback. Big running back does not equal fullback. Two totally different positions with totally different responsibilities. A fullback in this offense is strictly for lead blocking, usually in short yardage situations. And before anybody says "Najeh Davenport played fullback", check out who was lining up right behind the QB in short yardage, blocking situations. It wasn't Najeh, it was Kyle Cobia.

This is definitely the time of year to bulk up and add weight. Then in the fall the focus turns more to higher reps, supersets, and cardio.

Most guys will lose 5-10 lbs before kickoff in September. So the numbers look right on from where I sit.

Shaq at 240 is scary lol

Advertisement
Back