Dionte Mullins gets physically big in UM's strength program

Advertisement
Amari Carter gaining 9 lbs already after 2 months is scary for other teams. Kid starts day 1 at SS, IMO.

At 5'11" 200 pounds he's borderline RB size. But if his body fat % is between 7-10 that's good weight.

Here are some updated roster weights so far this off season with 3-4 months more of S&C to go. Fielder and staff doing the job.

Joe Jackson…................ 6-5 258…. +8 (from last year)
Michael Irvin II................ 6-3 248…. +13
Tre Johnson................… 6-7 305….+5
Navaughn Donaldson..... 6-6 350…. entered in Jan. near 370
Trevor Darling….............. 6-4 300 …. -15
George Brown Jr….......... 6-7 300…was 285 last year
RJ McIntosh…................. 6-4 293….+3
Jonathan Garvin…........... 6-4 235… was 225 in HS
Trayone Gray.................. 6-2 235….. +10
Amari Carter................... 6-2 197…… 188 entering in Jan
Malek Young.................… 5-9 180….+10
Bradley Jennings, Jr.........…. 6-1 230….220 in HS
Pat Bethel…..................... 6-3 272…260 last year--possible DT for this guy in the future?
Chad Thomas.................… 6-6 275……270 last year

Great post and worth noting that most of this weight gain is GOOD weight, not like what Chickillo was forced to add in his senior season.

Personally, I believe two of the most important non-coaching upgrades that CMR made last year was 1) hiring Big Gus Felder to lead S&C and 2) hiring a full-time nutrition staff.

Advertisement
LOL at the CIS obsession with FBs. 5 game breaking WRs and an NFL TE, and CIS wants a FB on the field.

Last year it was the 300 pound transfer from Mars Hill who was going to revolutionize our offense. I tried to tell you guys it's an antiquated position that would get abot 6 to 8 reps per game. Nah. You guys didn't want to hear it. Now Gray is the next bigtime FB. LULZ

[video=youtube;ToV9rNEJFGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToV9rNEJFGo[/video]

Made Redwine look silly

With this catch and the one he had at the All American game the kids spectacular catch rating gotta be at least 92 already

WR will be a battle all the way up to the first game.

macho man.jpg

LOL at the CIS obsession with FBs. 5 game breaking WRs and an NFL TE, and CIS wants a FB on the field.

Last year it was the 300 pound transfer from Mars Hill who was going to revolutionize our offense. I tried to tell you guys it's an antiquated position that would get abot 6 to 8 reps per game. Nah. You guys didn't want to hear it. Now Gray is the next bigtime FB. LULZ

you're the same guy that last year used to get his rocks off on the numbers kayaa was putting up in spring with richt calling plays

you're that same guy

Regarding Herndon, if you practiced with Njoku everyday for the last 3 years and said to yourself even once, "I am better then this guy" that has to give you motivation knowing he is about to be a top 20 pick in the draft. Herndon was a monster at the Spring game last year.

Have mat drills started yet? If not, im sure Mullins will lose about 5-10lbs off that alone not even counting practicing in that heat for the next 2 months. No way he starts the season at 200lbs. JMO. But I am happy that he caught Richts eye and he knows that he will be heavily depended on this year to step up.

Advertisement
Regarding Herndon, if you practiced with Njoku everyday for the last 3 years and said to yourself even once, "I am better then this guy" that has to give you motivation knowing he is about to be a top 20 pick in the draft. Herndon was a monster at the Spring game last year.

Have mat drills started yet? If not, im sure Mullins will lose about 5-10lbs off that alone not even counting practicing in that heat for the next 2 months. No way he starts the season at 200lbs. JMO. But I am happy that he caught Richts eye and he knows that he will be heavily depended on this year to step up.

To answer your question regarding mat drills, they started and finished before UM's spring break

I'd like to see a pic of his newly engorged muscles instead of taking someone else's word for it.

Felt Chad should be losing weight not gaining weight... I personally think he should be playing at 260

I mean I'm not one to usually question the current training staff about weight, but are we sure that all this poundage that Mullins put on is good weight? I dunno

IMG_3746.jpg

Advertisement
Too many people still burnt over Golden's weight gain 5000 lard *** strength program. It's OK for players to put on muscle mass. You don't want a bunch of fat guys (notice the bigguns lost weight) but we're talking about 18-22 year olds who are still growing. Many of whom come from high schools that have laughable strength and conditioning programs.

Too many people still burnt over Golden's weight gain 5000 lard *** strength program. It's OK for players to put on muscle mass. You don't want a bunch of fat guys (notice the bigguns lost weight) but we're talking about 18-22 year olds who are still growing. Many of whom come from high schools that have laughable strength and conditioning programs.
These people are acting like he put on all fat. Mullins added a lot of muscle and at 5'11 200 pounds that's pretty good size for what Mullins does as a receiver. Richt even said he's in better condition and caught his eye yesterday. Mullins problem last year was that at 180 pounds he was not in good condition as well as not knowing the playbook. Now that he has added weight and appears to be doing well is a very good sign imo

Advertisement
Felt Chad should be losing weight not gaining weight... I personally think he should be playing at 260

I agree with this. Chad should be playing at 260lbs, max.

Even though I know he's put on good weight, I'd also like to see Mullins drop 5-7 to play at 193-195lbs. I think that's ideal for him

Any Defensive line 100 Meter times in yet? I have been told repeatedly that distance sprint training is better than the weight room in the off season.

Advertisement
Back