Dimitri Moore Portal LB

Advertisement
He coming or nah?

Also, question for readers: If you take away the freak occurrence of the UNC game where they ran for about 1K yards on us, how would you grade the Run DEF for the 2020 season? Know it's hard to do but if done, I think it will ease our minds of how terrible we as a fan base view our ability to stop the run.

Why and how did that happen AT Miami to an average UNC team?.....don't have the slightest clue but if our RUN DEF was really as bad as our kids played vs UNC we wouldn't have won 7 ACC games...any year outside of COVID says that 7 ACC wins equals ACC title berth and a NY6 berth.

Guys, the 2020 team, atrocious Run DEF game vs UNC and all, in a non-pandemic year is a 10 win team...easily....if King doesn't get hurt or if we catch 2 of the 5 dropped passes, we roll vs OKST once our DEF wakes up, score of like 55-38 or something...then add the FCS game and that's 10.....all during the same year UNC took us to the shed at home.

I say all that to say this....if we don't land a portal LB it WILL NOT be the end of the world....we can still capture a 10 win season.

The UNC game was a fluke just like 48-0 vs Duke the week before was.

We were neither as bad or as good as those performances. There were extreme circumstances that changed the trajectory of a lot of seasons.

As is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Gaby is pretty adamant on 247 that he’s not a take for us. We must really be confident in who were going to land in 2022. I personally would love Moore.

Advertisement
The run D was spotty at best against Louisville and Virginia Tech. Those zone runs out on the edge gave us problems all year.
Spotty against Louisville but Virginia tech was really one of our best games against the run. They averaged like 250 a game rushing. We kept them to 160. I think it was the 2nd lowest for them all year

Advertisement
Spotty against Louisville but Virginia tech was really one of our best games against the run. They averaged like 250 a game rushing. We kept them to 160. I think it was the 2nd lowest for them all year
That's fair. I just remember a couple long runs from the QB. There was a run where the running back broke like 4 tackles to.

That's fair. I just remember a couple long runs from the QB. There was a run where the running back broke like 4 tackles to.
I mean that stuff happens every game. They ran better in the first half and hooker was having sucess but the 2 nd half we shut him down and started getting some sacks.

I mean that stuff happens every game. They ran better in the first half and hooker was having sucess but the 2 nd half we shut him down and started getting some sacks.
That's true, but I would point out that we always give up more yards than we have to. There is no excuse for the consistently poor tackling we saw. We were a bad tackling before the UNC game.

Advertisement
2022,we need him or some other decent MLB for 2021.
Agree. There is no way Manny can run the D he wants to run without at least decent LB play. Will never work. He absolutely needs a portal guy. Depending on Flagg and Brooks (with KSmith, Huff and TAC filling in the gaps) could be disastrous.

That said, Cribby has said the calvary is on the way so lets just be patient. For Manny to pass on so many LBs, he has something up his sleeve. (I hope)

Advertisement
That's true, but I would point out that we always give up more yards than we have to. There is no excuse for the consistently poor tackling we saw. We were a bad tackling before the UNC game.
Hard to remember when we weren't a "bad tackling team."

The UNC game was a fluke just like 48-0 vs Duke the week before was.

We were neither as bad or as good as those performances. There were extreme circumstances that changed the trajectory of a lot of seasons.

As is usually the case, the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Our best defensive outing of the season, against Duke, was the game Mcloud didn't play in. Interesting.... 🤔

Advertisement
Back