Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
eh, the search firm landed us al golden, randy shannon. theyre absolutely useless. a search firm didnt tell OSU to pick ryan day or OU to pick riley. the AD has to hit on the hire whether they use a firm or not.

It's all about the budget you give them. That's why we ended up with Golden. I'm not a huge fan of the search firms, but I'd rather waste 500K on them than let an AD hire someone without a search.

It's all about the budget you give them. That's why we ended up with Golden. I'm not a huge fan of the search firms, but I'd rather waste 500K on them than let an AD hire someone without a search.

id rather not let the current bot and blake james hire someone at all. idc if they hire a firm or not, the issue is the people hiring these coaches (and it goes past the AD).

Advertisement
from 12/31/2018:

lousy recruiter
defense is not elite. very overrated DC
has chosen some terrible position coaches who cant coach and cant recruit
i doubt he has a lot of contacts for quality coordinators and position coaches
i always felt that blake needed to not make this decision and he was allowed
grade: F

1571576637225.gif

I was in the same boat with you. Shït was depressing from the start. Then with his gimmicky social media shenanigans it was just setting us up to be the laughing stock we currently are.

You clearly aren’t following. this isn’t based on 7 games. This is based on manny Diaz resume and career. Worst most light in the *** resume of any coach we have ever hired here. He has nothing, nada, zero in terms of pedigree. THAT makes him a bad hire FROM THE START.

What we are seeing now is completely in line with the level of coach we hired for the job.

Oh I’m following, as I’ve been on record from the jump about my displeasure of the hire and the way it happened. You can check my posts in all these bumped threads when it happened......that’s not my point. I’m not interested in opinions on resume qualifications or preference (I’m not the AD and don’t receive his paycheck for these decisions) nor do I care about screaming to the high heavens over things that aren’t going to happen right now (like firing him). The bottom line is that he’s here and simply based off of what he’s done during his time as head coach (no more no less) the institution can’t just come to the conclusion that he should be fired over 7 games, that’s even more laughable than the decision to hire him in the first place. It would make more sense to fire the AD first, but as of now we’re ******* stuck so if you wanna free up your Saturdays for the foreseeable future now would be a good time. You either believe he’ll turn it around with the time he should be granted or you don’t and you’re just wasting your time, I personally wouldn’t blame you either way.

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

Diaz was probably the worst hire of the 2018-19 offseason.

Advertisement
How is he not a bad hire? Didn't 18 with a 50% blue Chip ratio just lose to one of the worst teams in college football? Isn't he complaining about how the players aren't very good except for they're all his players for the last 3 years? isn't he complaining that the secondary is Young even though they're all 3rd and 4th year players coached by him their entire careers.

Advertisement
i think manny has some traits from a communication and cultural standpoint that are a fit, and that I see making him the front man of an elite program. Unfortunately, manny did not hire a bunch of future head coaches, he drafted another batch of dudes heading the other way in this profession or that were at their ceiling prior to getting here. Can he pull off an Ed O, I doubt it

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.
if he makes serious changes to the staff after the season then maybe but we suck and we are far superior talent wise then everyone we play this season outside FSU and Florida

Advertisement
Many of us were ****ed off to high **** that night his hiring were announced.

Threads like this are just a reminder that a good portion of this fanbase is so Cokerized by all the losing, that common sense has been thrown out the window.

The next hiring CANNOT come from our BOT. It's either gotta be a new competent AD or hire a ******* third party to do what the retards within this administration are not capable of doing.

Advertisement
Back