Diaz was not a bad hire

Andrew

All American
Administrator
Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If manny brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

exactly... Diaz is innovative and young and hungry. He is the exact opposite of Richt, Golden, and Coker. Dude adjusted his defense and added a striker position and gave us a top 5 D. Innovative guy. Everything rests on his OC. He brings a guy like him on that side of the ball and its lights out.

Some good points but "not a bad hire" is also not the same as a great hire.

He needs to make staff changes and i fear he won't. He needs to recruit better. Our front 7 recruiting has been lacking for years. We got LUCKY with a guy like Willis. With him out against Wisconsin, we were @ss.

Advertisement
Well...if he strikes out on an OC, it is 100% his fault.

I don't absolutely hate the hire, but the OC needs to be **** good. Big name good.

Otherwise, it is an absolutely terrible hire.

A lot of us were saying if we had any decent offense this year, we'd be a lot better than 7-6.

So...we'll be watchfully waiting. Don't ***** this up.

He was an awful hire and a lazy one. BTW, Swinney won a national title as a player. He coached for Stallings. Dude at least has been part of a winning program and tradition. Yes, nobody knew if Dabo would work out after Bowden resigned. Seriously, what has Diaz won as an assistant or coordinator? A conference title?

Advertisement
I believe he's going to do good things. I have faith. Just get us a good modernized OC to go along with it.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If manny brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

Also, a coach who asked to be paid in croquetas de jamon and pastelitos is a pretty good deal.

Advertisement
your an admin your suppose to bring this good news, this was a terrible hire and lazy. They hired someone who fielded a defense vs the ACC and he never recruited at Miami. My thing will be 2019 if hes in the top 5 in recruiting and closes and holds off Saban hard then I'll believe. I believe he will recruit the same way as the last 4 with our hat being on the table thats it. Until we do that we wont be back. Recruits like it and they say that and they will still sign with other teams.

Maybe not a bad hire but why not spend a couple days to see who is possible. Seriously ******* pick up the phone and call Dino, Wario, Leach, Matt Campbell, BBB, etc. Instead Blake/BOT jumped on the quickest easiest hire there was without even seeing what was possible.

I think most are disappointed because they thought it was a chance for a god like coach to come in. It did happen fast which is suspicious, but hey, I'll give him a chance. The whole offensive staff better be gone though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back