Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
Our players only want to play when the bright lights are on them. UF and Virginia game for example. That’s a culture problem that needs to be changed.

i wanted Kiffin and Cristobal over Manny but I still think Manny can be successful. He absolutely needs to hire an OC that runs a true no huddle, spread, smash mouth offense with assistants that specialize in recruiting instead of assistants that are technicians. Say what u want about Mark Richt, but his offensive staff as a whole was far better than the one we have now. Everyone except for Rumph (and even him) can go. Feely, Field and Rumph are the only coaches I would be okay with returning next season.

All of college football, and even the NFL, has shifted towards more simple football. Enos brought in a complex offense and instead of letting players just play, they are thinking too much. I’ve said since the hire that a pro style offense at Miami isn’t going to work and never will again. Manny either gets with the times or loses his job mid next season. Simple as that.
A “true no huddle, spread offense” is NOT a “smash mouth offense”- it is a finesse offense based on trickery and deception- it is NOT based on physically dominating your opponent

exactly... Diaz is innovative and young and hungry. He is the exact opposite of Richt, Golden, and Coker. Dude adjusted his defense and added a striker position and gave us a top 5 D. Innovative guy. Everything rests on his OC. He brings a guy like him on that side of the ball and its lights out.
Well he had a. Han e to hire his OC and ended up hiring the opposite of his attacking style defense. We don't run tempo and this under center garbage looks like Iowa more than Miami

A “true no huddle, spread offense” is NOT a “smash mouth offense”- it is a finesse offense based on trickery and deception- it is NOT based on physically dominating your opponent
You've clearly never seen Rileys offense in 2017 or even this year. Art Briles' veer and shoot offense at Baylor also. Those offenses were built around the power run game.

This was Baylors Tight End
img25096802.jpg

... but yeah, there is no such thing as a smashmouth spread offense

Advertisement
Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.
giphy.gif

This is the single most embarrassing loss I can remember. We've had bad losses, but not piled on top of others bad losses. This is just plain humiliating. There's just no way this doesn't reflect bad on Manny. As bad as the others have been, at no point were people pointing and laughing.

You've clearly never seen Rileys offense in 2017 or even this year. Art Briles' veer and shoot offense at Baylor also. Those offenses were built around the power run game.

This was Baylors Tight End
View attachment 99868
... but yeah, there is no such thing as a smashmouth spread offense

Those Briles offenses were HEAVY run teams in volume and efficiency. Big time runners.

Those Briles offenses were HEAVY run teams in volume and efficiency. Big time runners.
Exactly. They were run first and then set up the deep pass over the top. That offense is most effective when they have a mobile QB. If I were Briles at FSU I would start the Louisville transfer and run him and Akers all day long then throw bombs when the defense sells out to stop the run.

Auburn’s offense with Gus kinda reminds me of that Briles offense. Syracuse offense with Babers is basically that Baylor offense 2.0.

just a fun fact, that whole time Briles was at Baylor and had those top ranked offenses he never once had a lineman ranked above a 3 star coming out of high school.

Advertisement
This is the single most embarrassing loss I can remember. We've had bad losses, but not piled on top of others bad losses. This is just plain humiliating. There's just no way this doesn't reflect bad on Manny. As bad as the others have been, at no point were people pointing and laughing.
Second most embarrassing loss I've seen. The first is Virginia 2007.

We’re so close to being dominant. We just need a Hc, a DC, an OC, a QB coach, a QB, multiple OLs and DLs, WRs who can catch, LBs who play like LBU backers, special teams that don’t suck, an S&C program that does it’s job, roster depth, competitiveness, and recruiting momentum. If we had those things, we’d be close.
lol

Advertisement
exactly... Diaz is innovative and young and hungry. He is the exact opposite of Richt, Golden, and Coker. Dude adjusted his defense and added a striker position and gave us a top 5 D. Innovative guy. Everything rests on his OC. He brings a guy like him on that side of the ball and its lights out.
Everything rests on his OC? Our defense has been complete garbage this year too.

Many of us were ****ed off to high **** that night his hiring were announced.

Threads like this are just a reminder that a good portion of this fanbase is so Cokerized by all the losing, that common sense has been thrown out the window.

The next hiring CANNOT come from our BOT. It's either gotta be a new competent AD or hire a ******* third party to do what the retards within this administration are not capable of doing.
I fuqin lost it when they hired him my mouth dropped I stood there for like five minutes

Advertisement
i think manny has some traits from a communication and cultural standpoint that are a fit, and that I see making him the front man of an elite program. Unfortunately, manny did not hire a bunch of future head coaches, he drafted another batch of dudes heading the other way in this profession or that were at their ceiling prior to getting here. Can he pull off an Ed O, I doubt it

A cultural standpoint? Wtf does that have ANYTHING TO DO WITH WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES? Bc he eats plantains he should be our coach?

Have you seen the yokels that won us titles? Did ANY OF THEM grow up in south florida? No not a SINGLE ONE.

“Hes from Miami” has literally ZERO impact on his ability to coach.

A cultural standpoint? Wtf does that have ANYTHING TO DO WITH WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES? Bc he eats plantains he should be our coach?

Have you seen the yokels that won us titles? Did ANY OF THEM grow up in south florida? No not a SINGLE ONE.

“Hes from Miami” has literally ZERO impact on his ability to coach.
im talking about the culture hes trying to build at the program, your super mad tough guy schtick is weak

Advertisement
Back