Diaz was not a bad hire

Advertisement
Diaz has done the bare minimum you'd expect from a competent coach at Miami when it comes to recruiting. To say anything other than that is a gross exaggeration. I'm actually really worried about our defensive staff now. Diaz hasn't been all that personally involved in landing our major recruits, our LB's development has stalled at best, Rumph can't recruit and the rest of the staff is one of the most under-qualified in the P5.

We needed a major shake up with the defensive staff and instead we're getting no change at all.
I AM THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD

instead of the turnover chain, i think we should switch to giving our guys a media noche whenever they cause a turnover

show them chomping on it on the sideline, getting mustard all over that nice white uniform

It's about the worst hire that could have been made...you couple that with the rumors about him hiring the ex co offensive coordinator from St. Brendan's high school and it makes all of this the worst dream a Canes fan can have.

They won't even allow us to be happy for 24 hours

This isn't about being right, it's about ******** in other threads saying that we were full of crap as far as wanting or not wanting Manny. Let the record show, I (AND SEVERAL OTHER POSTERS) made posts like this one ALL NIGHT the night Manny's hiring was announced.

Advertisement
funny how my old name appeared here before i got tossed out for god forbid saying that hiring the mediocre DC who never coached on a single good team and had no pedigree at all was a bad move.

**** everyone in this thread that was praising manny, the worst coach we have EVER had.

OOOOO CHILD

075.gif

funny how my old name appeared here before i got tossed out for god forbid saying that hiring the mediocre DC who never coached on a single good team and had no pedigree at all was a bad move.

**** everyone in this thread that was praising manny, the worst coach we have EVER had.

There's ALOT of people that hated the hire....but boy there is some golden posts in there as well. Pretty clear who the slurpers were (and still are). Excuses were made for the man on his WAY IN THE **** DOOR...and those excuses continue today.

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.
1574749674450.gif

Advertisement
A lot of people hated the hire (I also posted my disgust for how this was handled by the AD and James rushing to choose I coach from a failed regime with no HC experience) and from a standpoint of laziness from the AD it was terrible considering the gift Richt gave the admin by retirement and forgoing a buyout (after rushing to make that hire as well without due diligence). That isn’t the point........it’s not about defending or hating Diaz it’s about the bigger problem and if anything will be done about it.

If you fire Diaz now James has to go, if he doesn’t the incompetence level can’t be overcome. No institution worth a **** makes such a quick important decision on someone without the pedigree to warrant it without either a. Giving that coach legit time to prove he was the right choice or b. Getting fired for making a big mistake. It’s apparent by your reactions @TheOldU2002 you still don’t get it and your premise misses the most vital point entirely.

Advertisement
I don't care if you loved, hated, or were indifferent back then.

How bout now? If you're still defending, you're the problem.

Advertisement
We’re so close to being dominant. We just need a Hc, a DC, an OC, a QB coach, a QB, multiple OLs and DLs, WRs who can catch, LBs who play like LBU backers, special teams that don’t suck, an S&C program that does it’s job, roster depth, competitiveness, and recruiting momentum. If we had those things, we’d be close.
Groundhog day!

Advertisement
Back