Diaz was not a bad hire

Your post is off, as in not ON. 2 missed field goals and Diazaster still played for the field goal at the end, and he didn’t even do that right. This is what can be expected when you as an AD fail to do a proper coaching search and instead shotgun the hire of a former ESPN film room editor with zero HC experience.....AND PAID TEMPLE 4 MIL for it!

Advertisement
Whether or not he was a bad hire remains to be seen..........but the track record of the AD is atrocious on this topic and the method for the Diaz hire was certainly lazy.

It certainly doesn’t help to watch him coach a team with more documented recruited talent than an opponent who is completely revamping its entire culture and philosophy on offense in year one with losses to Temple and The Citadel........and lose.

Also, if he wants his offense to mirror the defense in terms of philosophy it’s gonna be real interesting to see how he handles his current OC getting paid a nice sum of money as a coordinator to continue forcing plays that will not work with the deficiencies they currently have in personnel..............especially when he’s supposed to be “multiple” and preached adapting to his players not the other way around.

Finally, calling it a “re-build” two months after the arrogance and marketing BS..........not a good look.

Our players only want to play when the bright lights are on them. UF and Virginia game for example. That’s a culture problem that needs to be changed.

i wanted Kiffin and Cristobal over Manny but I still think Manny can be successful. He absolutely needs to hire an OC that runs a true no huddle, spread, smash mouth offense with assistants that specialize in recruiting instead of assistants that are technicians. Say what u want about Mark Richt, but his offensive staff as a whole was far better than the one we have now. Everyone except for Rumph (and even him) can go. Feely, Field and Rumph are the only coaches I would be okay with returning next season.

All of college football, and even the NFL, has shifted towards more simple football. Enos brought in a complex offense and instead of letting players just play, they are thinking too much. I’ve said since the hire that a pro style offense at Miami isn’t going to work and never will again. Manny either gets with the times or loses his job mid next season. Simple as that.

Whether or not he was a bad hire remains to be seen..........but the track record of the AD is atrocious on this topic and the method for the Diaz hire was certainly lazy.

It certainly doesn’t help to watch him coach a team with more documented recruited talent than an opponent who is completely revamping its entire culture and philosophy on offense in year one with losses to Temple and The Citadel........and lose.

Also, if he wants his offense to mirror the defense in terms of philosophy it’s gonna be real interesting to see how he handles his current OC getting paid a nice sum of money as a coordinator to continue forcing plays that will not work with the deficiencies they currently have in personnel..............especially when he’s supposed to be “multiple” and preached adapting to his players not the other way around.

Finally, calling it a “re-build” two months after the arrogance and marketing BS..........not a good look.

Ok see this is the thing. ItWAS a bad hire. This was a man whobarely deserved the DC job here, and after being part of a failed regime we pay temple four mil to bring him back as HC. It was the dumbest hire possible.

And the results on CONFIRM the bad hire.

Advertisement
Ok see this is the thing. ItWAS a bad hire. This was a man whobarely deserved the DC job here, and after being part of a failed regime we pay temple four mil to bring him back as HC. It was the dumbest hire possible.

And the results on CONFIRM the bad hire.

You can’t make a determination after 7 games, with that type of philosophy you’ll never produce legit success and future candidates will steer clear of an organization with a rep for hiring and firing without appropriate time to evaluate. If you want to say you don’t believe in Diaz or never felt he should have been hired fine, I don’t dispute that point anyway.........but no the results of his actual tenure as the HC haven’t proven anything yet.

Your post is off, as in not ON. 2 missed field goals and Diazaster still played for the field goal at the end, and he didn’t even do that right. This is what can be expected when you as an AD fail to do a proper coaching search and instead shotgun the hire of a former ESPN film room editor with zero HC experience.....AND PAID TEMPLE 4 MIL for it!
Best Canes.gif

Advertisement
You can’t make a determination after 7 games, with that type of philosophy you’ll never produce legit success and future candidates will steer clear of an organization with a rep for hiring and firing without appropriate time to evaluate. If you want to say you don’t believe in Diaz or never felt he should have been hired fine, I don’t dispute that point anyway.........but no the results of his actual tenure as the HC haven’t proven anything yet.

You clearly aren’t following. this isn’t based on 7 games. This is based on manny Diaz resume and career. Worst most light in the *** resume of any coach we have ever hired here. He has nothing, nada, zero in terms of pedigree. THAT makes him a bad hire FROM THE START.

What we are seeing now is completely in line with the level of coach we hired for the job.

Reading the board most of today, most fans wanted a hire that brought some identity and the Manny Diaz hire does it. Diaz defense is fast and aggressive and Diaz is not a CEO.

Diaz defense has been good for our recruiting base because SFLA athletes like to play fast and they don't want to all that read and react crap that Golden brought. Now you have to ask yourself what type of offense Diaz would want to run? I expect his desired offense to be in the mold of his defense, aggressive and fast. If Diaz brings in an OC that implements a fast and aggressive offense then he is not going to have issues recruiting.

I will end by saying I don't know if Diaz is going to work out any more than Clemson knew if Dabo was but I do think Diaz is a smart guy and understands what we need to win.

There is no fire in this team whatsoever; there is a lack of fire in the entire coaching staff, therefore it bleeds over onto to the players. Look at Kirby Smart, Dabo, and Nick Saban.

Our players only want to play when the bright lights are on them. UF and Virginia game for example. That’s a culture problem that needs to be changed.

i wanted Kiffin and Cristobal over Manny but I still think Manny can be successful. He absolutely needs to hire an OC that runs a true no huddle, spread, smash mouth offense with assistants that specialize in recruiting instead of assistants that are technicians. Say what u want about Mark Richt, but his offensive staff as a whole was far better than the one we have now. Everyone except for Rumph (and even him) can go. Feely, Field and Rumph are the only coaches I would be okay with returning next season.

All of college football, and even the NFL, has shifted towards more simple football. Enos brought in a complex offense and instead of letting players just play, they are thinking too much. I’ve said since the hire that a pro style offense at Miami isn’t going to work and never will again. Manny either gets with the times or loses his job mid next season. Simple as that.

This is what happens when people ***** about vanilla play calling. You get overly complex play-calling and worse results.

Advertisement
Ah, the Butch "age" Red Herring thing makes sense now LOL.
Figures. Well, that's why 16yrs of Manny types stuff is good enough for many. More to come unfortunately.

Advertisement
from 12/31/2018:

lousy recruiter
defense is not elite. very overrated DC
has chosen some terrible position coaches who cant coach and cant recruit
i doubt he has a lot of contacts for quality coordinators and position coaches
i always felt that blake needed to not make this decision and he was allowed
grade: F

Advertisement
Back