Diaz Temple Contract

How do you know they refused to bump his pay? Barry Jackson reported JUST THE OPPOSITE

... precisely. A segment of this fan base will continue to make it about the admin or Richt, when in reality Manny Diaz is almost 45 years old and wanted to go out to get some head coaching experience to build his resume and climb the ladder.

Best way to be in the running for Miami next go around for a head coach; go get experience now, instead of remaining a coordinator.

Second-best defense in college football this year and Temple was the only one who came calling—setting on him as their second choice when Elko declined.

Advertisement
Exactly.

Not to mention, he was still only their second choice. Elko was first and he chose to stay at aTm.

No one else was kicking Manny's door down—and he saw what the Temple job did for the four previous head coaches in regards to their next job.

He turned down App State

Thank you. Just learned his mom/mom's side is from Philly. Makes the connection more special.

I'm ******, but Merry Christmas to you too.
Often times, intimate details like this are overlooked. Not saying that his Mom's connection was in any way a deciding factor, but it sure didn't hurt.

Appreciate your insight and hope Manny does well there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He had the best defense of his career and only temple showed interest. He probably felt he had to jump on that offer.

Mark looks like the guy who looses his girl to a dead guy holding an empty beer bottle. That is embarrassing to everyone involved including us.

Advertisement
I know and he could get any of those easily as our DC that’s why I asked the question.

are we sure? this is the first time our assistant has been poached for an HC job since Schiano (while an assistant at miami). diaz is in his mid 40s and hes gotta start somewhere. he went on podcasts stating he was ready for an HC job.

are we sure? this is the first time our assistant has been poached for an HC job since Schiano (while an assistant at miami). diaz is in his mid 40s and hes gotta start somewhere. he went on podcasts stating he was ready for an HC job.

Yes I’m sure.

Advertisement
k bc recent history says no

Recent history is we’ve had a bunch of low quality assistants for over a decade. You’d have a point if one of those coordinators were actually good enough to be a HC some day. You conveniently omitted Randy Shannon who went from DC to Miami HC.

Often times, intimate details like this are overlooked. Not saying that his Mom's connection was in any way a deciding factor, but it sure didn't hurt.

Appreciate your insight and hope Manny does well there.

Thank you

Manny went to temple a place where he can be a hc without the pressure to win at a power 5school.Manny will be a power 5 hc in a couple years and it won't be here.

Advertisement
Back