Diaz Temple Contract

Advertisement
Contract will run through 2023 (5 years) worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $8M.

Glimmer of hope for those who wanted Diaz as HCIW: same expiration year as Richt and I cannot imagine the buyout being too large regardless.

Also for those who asked in other threads: Diaz will indeed coach the bowl game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love the thought process man, but unless some crazy good stuff happens here in 2019, we cannot wait beyond next season.

Advertisement
Contract will run through 2023 (5 years) worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $8M.

Glimmer of hope for those who wanted Diaz as HCIW: same expiration year as Richt and I cannot imagine the buyout being too large regardless.

Also for those who asked in other threads: Diaz will indeed coach the bowl game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love the thought process man, but unless some crazy good stuff happens here in 2019, we cannot wait beyond next season.
Agreed, he likely won’t be at Temple until 2023 either. Not sure how buyouts necessarily work but hopefully we can time it right. If it pans out at Temple, I’d welcome him back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think it's a case of Diaz wanting to leave more than it is him wanting to become the head coach at Temple. If it's true that he turned down App St for Temple then he is nuts.

I wonder what the relationship is really like between him and Richt.

Best guess is likely combination of wanting to be HC & out from under our offense putting demoralizing pressure on his defensive players. Temple is a great launching situation to major HC opportunities. Face it - Collins goes as journeyman DC to HC at Temple 2 years and now HC at GTech. Leaves a solid program that Diaz can tweak, win and move up. Great situation for him with acceptable job pressure to transition to formidable HC. HATE seeing him go but GOOD LUCK and THANKS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back