Diaz Temple Contract

How do you know they refused to bump his pay? Barry Jackson reported JUST THE OPPOSITE
So, the first word in the sentence was “if”, introducing a conditional clause. On the condition that X, then Y.

So it’s exactly because I do NOT know the situation that I used the word “IF”.

What I based my comment on was a report yesterday that Diaz wanted to stay but the admin wouldn’t play ball.

Advertisement
I think it's a case of Diaz wanting to leave more than it is him wanting to become the head coach at Temple. If it's true that he turned down App St for Temple then he is nuts.

I wonder what the relationship is really like between him and Richt.

I don't think it was about the money. I friend of mine who has connections told me that Manny wasn't seeing eye to eye with Richt this season and things were starting to get uncomfortable. I'm no insider and I don't have any first hand information but this same friend told me about the Temple job offer and that it was Manny's job if he wanted it.......this was before the news of his interview was broken on any of the major websites.

At the time I didn't want to believe it and I didn't want to run and post what I heard on here because I would've been negged to death about "sauces".

So, the first word in the sentence was “if”, introducing a conditional clause. On the condition that X, then Y.

So it’s exactly because I do NOT know the situation that I used the word “IF”.

What I based my comment on was a report yesterday that Diaz wanted to stay but the admin wouldn’t play ball.

Who reported that? There are plenty of mopes around here just making **** up and but I haven't seen one journalist nor known insider say anything of the sort. In fact its been reported by the Herald that a pay raise had nothing to do with it and everything to do with Diaz wanting to be HC.

Advertisement
Money was a secondary factor here. My guess is that he had enough of Richt's BS offense and pathetic day game skills along with the chance to be a head coach. I wish him well and nothing but the best. As far as Richt is concerned he is a total jerk with zero humility, an arrogant SOB, stubborn, and a has been. Thank you Blake for another great decision to extend this CHARLATAN!

Who reported that? There are plenty of mopes around here just making **** up and but I haven't seen one journalist nor known insider say anything of the sort. In fact its been reported by the Herald that a pay raise had nothing to do with it and everything to do with Diaz wanting to be HC.
I’ll try to find it. U have a link to the herald piece?

hoe Many rimes does it have to be pointed out. Um is not paying the coaches at a level to compete. Period.
The recruits are taking notice. How can you claim your commi to winning and you do t pay accordingly.
I’ll say it again Kirby didn’t leave bama cause he got paid. Very well not cause he didn’t have offers

Wow, we couldn't pay him $1.5 million after his production. We pay Richt $4 million a year for the 94th ranked offense. Richt should have offered up some of his salary.
There's probably a half dozen, HIGHLY paid Coordinators who routinely turn down HC gigs to remain where they are. The other couple hundred jump at HC opportunities that may never come again.

Advertisement
hoe Many rimes does it have to be pointed out. Um is not paying the coaches at a level to compete. Period.
The recruits are taking notice. How can you claim your commi to winning and you do t pay accordingly.
I’ll say it again Kirby didn’t leave bama cause he got paid. Very well not cause he didn’t have offers
You're making my point that, long-term, basketball is gonna be where the school competes successfully. The resources needed/costs are miniscule compared to football.

I knew Temple wasn't breaking the bank. I'm surprised he jumped so fast.

Why are you surprised? It seemed pretty clear by the end of the year that he was fed up with Richt. The minute he said his defense's goals had changed from winning games to being the #1 defense in college football, everyone should have known he was out the door the minute someone offered him a life boat.

This departure and the salary he has accepted clearly tells anyone and everyone willing and able to read between the lines exactly what Manny thinks about Richt and the current state of the UM program.

Advertisement
I think it's a case of Diaz wanting to leave more than it is him wanting to become the head coach at Temple. If it's true that he turned down App St for Temple then he is nuts.

I wonder what the relationship is really like between him and Richt.
Some of y'all are either trolls or just flat dumb if you think that App St is a better program than Temple.

Plus state income tax and it's not a really cheap cost of living like if one was taking a job in Texas or a Bumblefuk college town.
Philly "Wage tax" = 3.89% and Penn state tax = 3.07%. Those taxes and "cost of living" not much of a factor if you make $1.75M. Prob gets a housing allowance and other perks as well adding to his "cost of living well"...

Philly "Wage tax" = 3.89% and Penn state tax = 3.07%. Those taxes and "cost of living" not much of a factor if you make $1.75M. Prob gets a housing allowance and other perks as well adding to his "cost of living well"...

You forgot what a pain in the *** mandatory car inspections are though, bro. And not even being able to buy beer in the supermarkets.

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania jokes aside, my main point was that $1.75M is obviously a lot of money by normal people standards but it's probably less than what we all anticipated and that it's not remotely "rock star" type of money if you have to live in Philly/Joisy versus how far that'd go in Lubbock or Fayetteville.

Advertisement
There's probably a half dozen, HIGHLY paid Coordinators who routinely turn down HC gigs to remain where they are. The other couple hundred jump at HC opportunities that may never come again.

Because they are comfortable being second chair. Most relatively young coordinators jump at the opportunity. Diaz took a low, risk teeth cutting head coaching gig where the last 4 head coaches have been promoted to Power 5 schools.

Why are you surprised? It seemed pretty clear by the end of the year that he was fed up with Richt. The minute he said his defense's goals had changed from winning games to being the #1 defense in college football, everyone should have known he was out the door the minute someone offered him a life boat.

This departure and the salary he has accepted clearly tells anyone and everyone willing and able to read between the lines exactly what Manny thinks about Richt and the current state of the UM program.
I'm not surprised he left, just that he took the first job offer he got. I feel like he could have held out for a better job/salary than Temple.

Advertisement
Back