Diaz stops Wed. practice at one point for lack of effort, talks McCloud redshirt

Going to be real funny when eligibility is up and all these fools flexing on Instagram stay broke while the hardworking kids on other teams start getting that cheddar.

Advertisement
But didn't we hear during the offseason from diaz that the guys were going hard, giving all kinds of effort, taking accountability, showing up to voluntary workouts etc.? What happened between then and now
What happened? The players got put in bad spots again, and they realized it was more of the same old Miami.

The players are just as fragile as the fans. They wanted to believe and buy in just like we did. Then they’re running PA in tight sets and getting mauled by slugs due to schematics and formations that they had no say in. They feel just like we feel.

Dumb fans can expect players to be “yes sir no sir” robots who give 100% on every play for coaches even if they don’t believe in the coaches. But that’s not reality. Reality is they’re the same as us. They see what’s going on. They hear all the chatter about how mongoloid our philosophies and schemes are.

This just means the players don't buy what Manuela is selling. Players are seeing right through his recycled speeches.

Manuela is once again blaming the players. How about the lack of coaching? It all starts with you Manuela.

Once again, how the **** did an ESPN intern get the job. Cause he was a fan? All of the great coaches have played the game before.

Advertisement
You can tell Manuela is using this sh.t as an excuse to the administration. Wait till I get my guys in... culture change blah blah blah. This clown was responsible for half of the room! He was part of that shichtshow.

You can tell Manuela is using this sh.t as an excuse to the administration. Wait till I get my guys in... culture change blah blah blah. This clown was responsible for half of the room! He was part of that shichtshow.

Is the whole "Manuela" thing supposed to be some kind of insult?

Like he's a girl or something?

There is a lot of talk about the players taking loafing players behind the woodshed to get them in line. When we did that, it resulted in a broken locker room and culminated with an embarrassing fight among teammates on the sideline of a bad loss to a championship level rival. Just because those guys are lazy doesn’t mean they are weak and can be bullied by their peers.

Bingo. It's laughable that some on here think that a cancer from another team (Hill) can fix the culture. Reminds me of when Chad Thomas confronted a player after the Pitt loss, people thought that was answer, we proceeded to go 8-5 the next season including embarassing losses to Clemson & Pitt.

The players only do what they feel they can get away with.

People have this fervent need to want to attack players, but players play & Coaches coach, the responsibility lies with the coaches to get the players to respect practice & give maximum effort. If guys aren't practicing hard it's because the people responsible for keeping them in line haven't done their job.

You think Saban, Dabo, or Lincoln Riley has to pull teeth to get guys to fall in line & practice hard? No, because those players know if they don't they won't see the field & will be immediately disciplined & replaced.

Our fans think Chidlren are supposed to raise themselves while parents sit back & take credit for it, don't work that way... If your kid is bad, it's because you didn't raise'em right, it's really that simple.
Every time I see a bad child I look at the parents...

Advertisement
That’s a blatant indictment of their lack of respect for this staff.
It also shows that we've recruited the wrong players.

Maybe these SoFl three stars ended up at a floundering Miami for a reason?

You can't dog it in practice and expect to go Pro - or moan about playing time and look to transfer. The attitude of a lot of these players sucks.

Players got to have that want to period. Imo at the end of the day only so much the coaches can do . You think the 80s and 01 canes were motivated by coaches to play hard and competitive consistently? **** no they were self motivated

The Disease.

When I was in the Marine Corps, if we had Marines sand-bagging and not pulling their weight, we didn't let the higher ups deal with it. We took care of business in-house. It's time some of these Jersey's with the "C" on it take the dead weight around back of the IPF and "have an understanding". Where are the leaders?
Even the '01 era Canes adopted that same level of accountability.

If these kids are giving up on the staff after only truly one bad game and only 4 games into the season then give me a staph all day over these temperamental, pouting, soft little bytches.

Shut down the program SMU style and give the staph a chance to go 6-7 with a team that doesn't throw a tantrum at the first ******* sign of adversity.

Advertisement
If these kids are giving up on the staff after only truly one bad game and only 4 games into the season then give me a staph all day over these temperamental, pouting, soft little bytches.

Shut down the program SMU style and give the staph a chance to go 6-7 with a team that doesn't throw a tantrum at the first ******* sign of adversity.

Do you honestly think it is because of one bad game?

IDK Coach Manny? I support you in all but you say one thing and it's another ? Heck you still have guys starting on both sides of the ball and they don't even produce nearly as much of the players that come in behind them!!!-Players have to buy in and if they not buying in sit them on the bench!
Way too much pointing fingers for my liking. I was built and raised off of accountability. As a former coach I say this - Players tend to have the same attitude as their coach. It carries on the field we saw this last year people when Coach Richt was drained from his job. Its your job as a Head Coach to coach them Up and to get them ready and motivated. Everything falls on the head-man and leader in charge. It's your duty to break habits if this is indeed happening in practices? It is clear as day that we are not prepared in games so it shows from x's and O's , where we line up, our stance (How are you off sides when you play dline and your nose is closest to the ball?) baffling to even our special teams making the same mistakes. During our bye weeks we come out flat and lethargic . Smh (I eager to see how we play next week) Get this stuff fixed ASAP please!

Just win and that is all to it!
SHUFFLE YOUR BONES( AKA DOMINOES) AND RUN THE TABLE!
This schedule we have is soo favorable its not even funny anymore MY Hermano.
No excuses! Get it done periodT! (With the t on the end)

Let's Shake back!
Go Canes!

Advertisement

I don’t think it has anything to do with giving up anybody. Sometimes players can have bad days, 2001 team(greatest of all time) had that vs Boston college. It happens. Diaz was exactly right for stopping practice and fix it and then continue. you have to do those. I would rather him do that then the team continue to practice sh^tty off a bad performance vs cmu. Got to get rid of bad habits

I don’t think it has anything to do with giving up anybody. Sometimes players can have bad days, 2001 team(greatest of all time) had that vs Boston college. It happens. Diaz was exactly right for stopping practice and fix it and then continue. you have to do those. I would rather him do that then the team continue to practice sh^tty off a bad performance vs cmu. Got to get rid of bad habits

Literally every football team I've ever been around has had this happen, usually multiple times per season. The fact that people are going nuts because the team had a bad practice and the coach stopped it to punish the kids and try to get them back on track is honestly laughable.

Go show this to anyone who played football and they'll look at you like you're retarded for even considering that it's a story.

I don't think they've given up either. I'm just responding to the general narrative of this thread.

Then what is it about? They can look into the future and see the coaches are going to make zero adjustments? 4 game sample size is all they need to know what we'll be running till the sun burns out?

Well, you said one game.

The offense has been ineffective for more than one game. The D has issues as well.

The players see a 1000x more than we do. They have a better idea about the future than you or I. They are there day in and day out, meetings, film review, practice. Every day hour after hour.

They do not need to predict out to some unreasonable exaggerated time...just the end of the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back