Diaz stops Wed. practice at one point for lack of effort, talks McCloud redshirt

Well, you said one game.

The offense has been ineffective for more than one game. The D has issues as well.

The players see a 1000x more than we do. They have a better idea about the future than you or I. They are there day in and day out, meetings, film review, practice. Every day hour after hour.

They do not need to predict out o some unreasonable exaggerated time...just the end of the season.
The offense put up 485 yards against UNC. Should they be down in the dumps about that? Against Bethune they put up the most competent beatdown of an FCS team Miami has performed in over 5 years. The defense has taken a step back sure, but they're the last people to give up considering what we saw last year.

If you think the team is quitting 4 games into a season on a coaching hire they were excited about all offseason, please know it's just you projecting your tears onto the team.

Advertisement
The offense put up 485 yards against UNC. Should they be down in the dumps about that? Against Bethune they put up the most competent beatdown of an FCS team Miami has performed in over 5 years. The defense has taken a step back sure, but they're the last people to give up considering what we saw last year.

If you think the team is quitting 4 games into a season off a coaching hire they were excited about all offseason, please know it's just you projecting your tears onto the team.

I am not the one performing poorly at practice. I do not have relatives on social media talking about problems.

So am I really projecting here or are you just being a little over protective. I mean, you could give me more stats about yards against more awful teams if you think it would help.

I really love the "most competent beatdown of an FCS team Miami has performed in over 5 years." LOL! I mean truly, this is just awesome.

Look, lets be real here. There are issues with the team. Real issues and not fantasy issues dreamed up by the fans as much you want to think. Fans are simply reacting to the information provided. You may see the information differently than others but that does not mean all other fans have it wrong.

There's a significant difference between making something great and keeping it that way. It takes the right kind of leader to do the former.

It's generally human nature to perform at an acceptable level. For most people, that's enough to get a good review and not get fired. There are a few people who will do their very best at all times, but those are few and far between. This is where great leaders come into play. They can redefine what that acceptable level is and motivate people to reach it without resentment or even realizing it was redefined.

I am not the one performing poorly at practice. I do not have relatives on social media talking about problems.

So am I really projecting here or are you just being a little over protective. I mean, you could give me more stats about yards against more awful teams if you think it would help.

I really love the "most competent beatdown of an FCS team Miami has performed in over 5 years." LOL! I mean truly, this is just awesome.

Look, lets be real here. There are issues with the team. Real issues and not fantasy issues dreamed up by the fans as much you want to think. Fans are simply reacting to the information provided. You may see the information differently than others but that does not mean all other fans have it wrong.
Issues is different than quitting 4 games into a season. Instead of going off butthurt relatives that like clockwork cry every year when their boy isn’t getting PT, why don’t you go off what you’re seeing from the team. Dancing in the locker room to outright quitting 4 days later? That makes a ton of sense.

Issues is different than quitting 4 games into a season. Instead of going off butthurt relatives that like clockwork cry every year when their boy isn’t getting PT, why don’t you go off what you’re seeing from the team. Dancing in the locker room to outright quitting 4 days later? That makes a ton of sense.
Quitting or simply not being competitive and practicing to a standard? Are we going to keep over exaggerating to fit our narratives or call it for what it is?

Advertisement
Well, you said one game.

The offense has been ineffective for more than one game. The D has issues as well.

The players see a 1000x more than we do. They have a better idea about the future than you or I. They are there day in and day out, meetings, film review, practice. Every day hour after hour.

They do not need to predict out to some unreasonable exaggerated time...just the end of the season.

Make chip shot field goals, extra points and catch balls placed in their hands and we score 30 our first two games.

Offense hasn’t been perfect but far from ineffective until Saturday.

Advertisement
Quitting or simply not being competitive and practicing to a standard? Are we going to keep over exaggerating to fit our narratives or call it for what it is?

You call it one thing others call it another.

why are you right and they are all wrong...other than because you are you?

I'm going off the language that's being used in this thread. And the only reasonable conclusion you can make is that the players are throwing in the towel because they've identified our staff as a bunch of corches.

The starters were picked based on how well they did in training camp. Did the coaching staff overrate their abilities? Keeping them in as starters after they have proven their inability to grasp the techniques they need to be successful is only proving the coaches don't want to admit they were wrong.

Make chip shot field goals, extra points and catch balls placed in their hands and we score 30 our first two games.

Offense hasn’t been perfect but far from ineffective until Saturday.

Yeah, and IF we had Thor the God of Thunder on the team we win by 1000 points.

But we don't and those things didn't happen so we are left with a offense that can barely score in the red zone, runs predictable plays and gives up too many sacks.

So the O is what it is, not what it could be if everything happen differently. We have played God awful teams and the points scored against poor defenses tell us what we need to know about the O...not the stats we rack up against those same poor defense.

Advertisement
I'm going off the language that's being used in this thread. And the only reasonable conclusion you can make is that the players are throwing in the towel because they've identified our staff as a bunch of corches.

Again, you may find it unreasonable. That's fine for you. The same question can be asked of you. Provided the information given and your reasonable conclusion is everything is fine?

It seems unreasonable to me to simply ignore the info provided. People have seen this stuff before with so many other teams, so when this type of info comes out...it usually points to something rotten.

To simply ignore it seems completely irrational.

Yeah, and IF we had Thor the God of Thunder on the team we win by 1000 points.

But we don't and those things didn't happen so we are left with a offense that can barely score in the red zone, runs predictable plays and gives up too many sacks.

So the O is what it is, not what it could be if everything happen differently. We have played God awful teams and the points scored against poor defenses tell us what we need to know about the O...not the stats we rack up against those same poor defense.

No need for hyperbolic comparisons. Chip shot field goals, PATs and catch and throws are fundamentally basic parts of football.

Scheme and putting players in a position to win are a coaching staff’s job. Executing from that point forward falls on the player.

So it’s a combination of both things.

No need for hyperbolic comparisons. Chip shot field goals, PATs and catch and throws are fundamentally basic parts of football.

Scheme and putting players in a position to win are a coaching staff’s job. Executing from that point forward falls on the player.

So it’s a combination of both things.

Fundamental parts of the game that good teams perform and poor ones do not.

You can't play the "what if" game...that's why I mad that ridiculous statement. I could play the what if game with CM on how they could have won...or literally every other team that lost last weekend. There are always drops, missed blocks, incomplete passes, etc. UF made mistakes too...they still won.

The O is what it is....not what it could be if all the "Ifs" happen. You can't fail to score points and then say the O is fine because if X players just did everything perfectly the O would be awesome.

The O is not fine if you cannot put up points. Racking up stats between the 20s don't mean jack when we look at who we played.

Also, you have it a little wrong. execution is on the coach. getting the players to execute the way the team needs to is on the coach...not the players.

Advertisement
Fundamental parts of the game that good teams perform and poor ones do not.

You can't play the "what if" game...that's why I mad that ridiculous statement. I could play the what if game with CM on how they could have won...or literally every other team that lost last weekend. There are always drops, missed blocks, incomplete passes, etc. UF made mistakes too...they still won.

The O is what it is....not what it could be if all the "Ifs" happen. You can't fail to score points and then say the O is fine because if X players just did everything perfectly the O would be awesome.

The O is not fine if you cannot put up points. Racking up stats between the 20s don't mean jack when we look at who we played.

Also, you have it a little wrong. execution is on the coach. getting the players to execute the way the team needs to is on the coach...not the players.

Then someone has to call Santana Moss.

He need to change his saying to “Big time coaches make big time plays in big time games.”

Again, you may find it unreasonable. That's fine for you. The same question can be asked of you. Provided the information given and your reasonable conclusion is everything is fine?

It seems unreasonable to me to simply ignore the info provided. People have seen this stuff before with so many other teams, so when this type of info comes out...it usually points to something rotten.

To simply ignore it seems completely irrational.
I’m not ignoring anything I see with my own eyes, which given that we’re talking about the team quitting, there’s nothing to see there.

There hasn’t been enough room this season for the players to get down in the dumps and write in their diaries how bad our staff is. The only game they’ve stunk it up is their most recent game and they’re suddenly going to ignore the season before that point and quit? Obviously the answer is no, because if that was the case they wouldn’t have been dancing in the locker room.

Are there things that need to be worked on or else we’re in for a world of hurt? Duh, no ****. But that doesn’t equate to players quitting on the staff.

Then someone has to call Santana Moss.

He need to change his saying to “Big time coaches make big time plays in big time games.”

Really? By this statement you are simply saying that a good college offense is predicated on having a talent like Moss.

I get it. You think if JT made that catch everything would be better, no one would be complaining. Even if JT made that catch it changes nothing I just said. can't you understand that. Do you really think none of this happens if he made that catch. Remember, we still beat CM.

Really? By this statement you are simply saying that a good college offense is predicated on having a talent like Moss.

I get it. You think if JT made that catch everything would be better, o one would be complaining. Even if JT made that catch it changes nothing I just said. can't you understand that. Do you really think none of this happens if he made that catch. Remember, we still beat CM.

No I’m saying it’s ludicrous to say execution falls on the coaches not the players.

That is a myopic, self serving position to take.

Advertisement
Back