Diaz Gets It....

View attachment 111082

Notice to haters: he DIDN'T say "we back!"...

He said, "now the work begins..."

He couldn't fire Enos or JW mid-season last year and had to roll with the horses he had.

Now there hasn't been a single team in CFB which as revamped as much as the Canes have under Diaz...

And with as much IMPACT moves as Diaz has made...

Yes the judgement will need to wait till December 2020 to see what comes up... but don't keep telling us Diaz is anything remotely like Shannon, Golden or Richt.
If Diaz really 'got it', he'd have buried the turnover chain a year ago.

He claims he understands it's about 'teamwork' but celebrates individual achievement, not teamwork. He's full of words, but his words don't add up.

Advertisement
@duke4heisman so you think we should win 11 or better.have news for you gonna take more than 1 offseason to change the culture.apparently you didn't hear what reed said when they first got here in 97.took them 3 years with butch.you can say the sanctions hindered it which is true.way it's been around here last 15+ years you basically say we've been on self imposed sanctions.

@duke4heisman so you think we should win 11 or better.have news for you gonna take more than 1 offseason to change the culture.apparently you didn't hear what reed said when they first got here in 97.took them 3 years with butch.you can say the sanctions hindered it which is true.way it's been around here last 15+ years you basically say we've been on self imposed sanctions.
I agree with most of it but everything is lining up to be successful this season but we already know King will be gone and if successful, it's going to take more money than we've ever paid to keep Lashlee.
To be able to sustain the success, yes we need to get the culture changed and raise the compensation for legit coaches. We haven't acomplished this in nearly 2 decades

Advertisement
I will just respond to both of you at the same time.

I am not saying I can see the future. Like I said in the other post. I don't need to be able to see the future, to know the guy bagging my groceries at publix can't lead this team to a natty either. What sort of jobs do you guys work? Do you just hire anyone that asks for the job, then just say "welp, we won't know this guy isn't the one for the job until he drives us into bankruptcy!"
Manny doesn't bag groceries, and he'll have to fail at several more coaching stops before he does. Like him or not, he's got enough success in his past that its at least feasible that he can pull this job off. As for bankruptcy, sadly last year wasn't that. We've been wretched enough the past 15 years that a losing record wasn't out of the realm of imaginable outcomes. Incredibly disappointing and totally avoidable sure, but not impossible to believe.

At this point, I'm leaning toward thinking he can't do the job while some lean toward thinking he can. But expressing more certainty than that is a tough sell. There just isn't enough evidence to do anything other than wait and see. Sure, half of CIS will claim they knew it all along in a year, but that's nonsense.

I believe the "culture problem" Manny keeps talking about is very overrated. I think there was certainly a problem in the QB room, which magnifies the issue and affects the team more than any other position. But no one will convince me 90% of the young men on this team bust their asses, do what the coaches tell them to and desperately want to win.

There is no excuse not to succeed next year.

But that’s the thing. There are people out there who DON’T want him to succeed. Because he rode to an event on a yacht. Or he tweeted. Literally showed bravado and “swag”, which is all anyone cries about (we need to get back to Thug U, 2001 was the best, I’m a fvckin’ soldier blah blah blah), and people despise him to the point they ROOT FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE!!

Really weird bunch around here.
Or maybe they're not real Canes fans.....

Advertisement
Manny doesn't bag groceries, and he'll have to fail at several more coaching stops before he does. Like him or not, he's got enough success in his past that its at least feasible that he can pull this job off. As for bankruptcy, sadly last year wasn't that. We've been wretched enough the past 15 years that a losing record wasn't out of the realm of imaginable outcomes. Incredibly disappointing and totally avoidable sure, but not impossible to believe.

At this point, I'm leaning toward thinking he can't do the job while some lean toward thinking he can. But expressing more certainty than that is a tough sell. There just isn't enough evidence to do anything other than wait and see. Sure, half of CIS will claim they knew it all along in a year, but that's nonsense.

I never said last year was bankrupt. I am saying you can tell the signs of someone not being cut out for the job before they actually bankrupt the company. Also, never said Manny would be bagging groceries. I was using it as an example, to show, you can accurately predict how good a coach will be before he actually gets fired.

We sound the FSU fans defending Taggart last year. Your right half will claim and it is nonsense, but I have it on record that I knew.

I believe the "culture problem" Manny keeps talking about is very overrated. I think there was certainly a problem in the QB room, which magnifies the issue and affects the team more than any other position. But no one will convince me 90% of the young men on this team bust their asses, do what the coaches tell them to and desperately want to win.

There is no excuse not to succeed next year.

It is.

It’s the type of thing that happens when a coach doesn’t have control of his team. Have seen it personally first hand.

A lot of people don’t understand how delicate team chemistry can be. The difference between winning the title and going .500 is not that big. There is less flexibility for results in college than high school or pros because of the rules and logistics, but the concept still applies. 10 wins and a NY6 bowl can happen as easily as .500 and a loss in the Liquid Plumber Toilet Bowl. It comes down to how dialed in you have your team.

The turnaround for the offense is ready and waiting the same way it was when Diaz took over for D’no. We made all the same lack of talent claims when our defense was a nationally cellar dwelling unit.

The offense is in the same boat. They just need a system that fits. I think we have it and am excited for 2020. Even if King runs into injury problems, Lashlee will get quality play out of N’Kosi if needed. The seven month wait is gonna be a killer.

Advertisement
Stop blowing smoke up Manure's ***
You just don’t want to see it. The number 12 class and he brought in a dynamic offense and QB. You can act like that is just ok, that’s more than just ok. Winning how he’s winning now is how it changes on the field.

If Diaz really 'got it', he'd have buried the turnover chain a year ago.

He claims he understands it's about 'teamwork' but celebrates individual achievement, not teamwork. He's full of words, but his words don't add up.

TO Chain and TD Rings iS MIAMI.

We don't need to change our swagger-- we just need to win.

TO Chain and TD Rings iS MIAMI.

We don't need to change our swagger-- we just need to win.
This is #fakenews. What passes for ’swagger’ today at UM is nothing of the sort. it’s look at me clownishness while losing. anti-swag, in effect. UM swag was about winning, and doing the work. Not about celebrating ego.

Advertisement
You just don’t want to see it. The number 12 class and he brought in a dynamic offense and QB. You can act like that is just ok, that’s more than just ok. Winning how he’s winning now is how it changes on the field.
What has he won...and fyi; he still has to coach and lead, which seems to be where he struggles

give Manny credit : he change things around quickly, reminds me of Butch when he moved out his D.C. Miller and inserted Schiano :

Butch's problem before he turned the corner was his defense, got blown out @ Syracuse, and gave up 45 to UCLA. Didn't sit on his D.C., made the move to Schiano. Manny's problem was his offense, bit the bullet with Enos, and moved on from there. Unlike Golden, and Richt who couldn't or wouldn't make the necessary changes.

Advertisement
Back