Diaz Gets It....

The proof will be in the results. I give Manny credit for recognizing he needed to revamp the offense. Fired Enos, hired Lashlee, recruited a dynamic grad transfer QB for the new offense. Fired Barry and hired a young up-and-coming OL coach who played and coached in the spread.

No complaints.

Now win.

Advertisement
with the schedule that DIAZ has on his plate. We are 4-0 right from the start. Why in GOD'S green earth that we can't be 10-2. It's so winnable. is there spell check available . Why not 11-2 including a BOWL GAME. cest tres reele. MISTER REED has already have affected the organization.
The last 2 seasons was winnable but we went 7-6 & 6-7. We have to remember that we are that winnable game on all of these other teams schedule. The fact that the players, coaches, and fans really think we are going to defeat certain teams is crazy. We've been losing to the Coastal for the last 15+ years. You can believe what you want to believe. I'll believe it when they actually do it. I am cautiously optimistic but I know that winning isn't guaranteed. Remember this, we have five 9 win season and one 10 win season since joining the ACC in 2004. I'm not going to blindly trust that we'll have the type of season that you speak of but 8-4 is possibly possible.

View attachment 111082

Notice to haters: he DIDN'T say "we back!"...

He said, "now the work begins..."

He couldn't fire Enos or JW mid-season last year and had to roll with the horses he had.

Now there hasn't been a single team in CFB which as revamped as much as the Canes have under Diaz...

And with as much IMPACT moves as Diaz has made...

Yes the judgement will need to wait till December 2020 to see what comes up... but don't keep telling us Diaz is anything remotely like Shannon, Golden or Richt.

He's definitely not like or is no way close to the class of coach richt, he has a long way to go in order to get to coach richt's level of success. The ones who just like to throw around coach richt's name as if he wasnt an accomplished coach, either are new football fans or just dont know **** about football. At 6 & 7, trying to hype up this current loser is like coach diaz trying to hype up transfer tate running jet sweeps to the short side of the field as something d-co's should fear.

Advertisement
But that’s the thing. There are people out there who DON’T want him to succeed. Because he rode to an event on a yacht. Or he tweeted. Literally showed bravado and “swag”, which is all anyone cries about (we need to get back to Thug U, 2001 was the best, I’m a fvckin’ soldier blah blah blah), and people despise him to the point they ROOT FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE!!

Really weird bunch around here.
I 100% want him to succeed here as the HC. He showed me that he has the balls to make changes when shït isn't working, unlike his 2 predecessors. Now we need the results though

But that’s the thing. There are people out there who DON’T want him to succeed. Because he rode to an event on a yacht. Or he tweeted. Literally showed bravado and “swag”, which is all anyone cries about (we need to get back to Thug U, 2001 was the best, I’m a fvckin’ soldier blah blah blah), and people despise him to the point they ROOT FOR THE TEAM TO LOSE!!

Really weird bunch around here.
There are very few people(if any) that are "rooting for him to lose because of what he tweets or rides around on". There are people who want him fired because they know he clearly isn't cut out for the job. Then there are the guys who have stepped it up and are hoping he loses enough games this season so we don't get stuck with him for 4+ seasons with a couple an 8 win season or 2. However, on the other side. We do have tons of guys that like him purely because he is a Miami guy. He can do no wrong to these guys. They want to see a guy with a similar background be the head coach of the U. These guys don't care if he goes 0-12 the next 5 seasons. Those are the weirdos.

There are very few people(if any) that are "rooting for him to lose because of what he tweets or rides around on". There are people who want him fired because they know he clearly isn't cut out for the job.
How does anyone know if he is clearly not cut out for the job after one bad season?
I can understand people being skeptical and pessimistic and wanting another coach with experience....
... but to be 100% certain about a guy after one season is a bit weird and silly to me.
There are a lot of great coaches who would have been run out of town based on that criteria.

Advertisement
How does anyone know if he is clearly not cut out for the job after one bad season?
I can understand people being skeptical and pessimistic and wanting another coach with experience....
... but to be 100% certain about a guy after one season is a bit weird and silly to me.
There are a lot of great coaches who would have been run out of town based on that criteria.

Just like I know the guy bagging groceries at publix wouldn't be able to lead the Giants to the superbowl. You don't need to see someone try and fail, to realize they aren't cut out for the job. People get paid a lot of money to be able to figure out who is and isn't fit for certain jobs.

Just like I know the guy bagging groceries at publix wouldn't be able to lead the Giants to the superbowl. You don't need to see someone try and fail, to realize they aren't cut out for the job. People get paid a lot of money to be able to figure out who is and isn't fit for certain jobs.
Publix is where shopping is a pleasure.

Manny may not be a great head coach when it is all said and done but he appears to be doing all the right things in the off season which is what good coaches do after a bad season.

Again, being pessimistic and thinking he is in over his head is your opinion. Making it seem like you know with 100% certainty he is not the right man for the job is just plain odd so early on in a career.

Publix is where shopping is a pleasure.

Manny may not be a great head coach when it is all said and done but he appears to be doing all the right things in the off season which is what good coaches do after a bad season.

Again, being pessimistic and thinking he is in over his head is your opinion. Making it seem like you know with 100% certainty he is not the right man for the job is just plain odd so early on in a career.

Me saying the guy at Publix couldn't lead the giants to a superbowl is technically only an "opinion" too, however, once the next couple of seasons play out and Diaz gets fired. It will be a fact.

Me saying the guy at Publix couldn't lead the giants to a superbowl is technically only an "opinion" too, however, once the next couple of seasons play out and Diaz gets fired. It will be a fact.
That may be the case. It is a possibility.

But the issue here is that you said there are fans who know that he is clearly not cut out for the job. And you are saying it is validated by comparing it to a unqualified guy in a job that has nothing to do with football.
Which only doubles down on the weirdness and stupidity of the tone of the original post you made.

Advertisement
That may be the case. It is a possibility.

But the issue here is that you said there are fans who know that he is clearly not cut out for the job. And you are saying it is validated by comparing it to a unqualified guy in a job that has nothing to do with football.
Which only doubles down on the weirdness and stupidity of the tone of the original post you made.

I am using it as an example because you don't need to physically see something happen, to know if someone is cut out for the job. Just because you lack the foresight to know how this will end up. Does not mean the other people I mentioned also lack that foresight.

I am using it as an example because you don't need to physically see something happen, to know if someone is cut out for the job. Just because you lack the foresight to know how this will end up. Does not mean the other people I mentioned also lack that foresight.
But for all I know those people who are sooooo certain that he is not cut out for the job may work at Publix and their opinions and their self-proclaimed foresight may be based on nothing other than just bias, gut feelings or just not liking the way he has done things in the past.
(Two can play this hypothetical game.)

The funniest part is you don't KNOW a god**** thing.

Advertisement
But for all I know those people who are sooooo certain that he is not cut out for the job may work at Publix and their opinions and their self-proclaimed foresight may be based on nothing other than just bias, gut feelings or just not liking the way he has done things in the past.
(Two can play this hypothetical game.)

LMAO! It isn't a hypothetical game. You want to hold out hope for the next 2 years. Thats fine, but you are wrong. I am finished discussing this with you since you clearly don't understand what I am saying. We can revist this in 2 years when Diaz is fired and you can tell me I was correct.

LMAO! It isn't a hypothetical game. You want to hold out hope for the next 2 years. Thats fine, but you are wrong. I am finished discussing this with you since you clearly don't understand what I am saying. We can revist this in 2 years when Diaz is fired and you can tell me I was correct.
I am not holding out hope for anything. I clearly said that what you said can happen and can turn out to be true.

I am just trying to tell you that people think it is odd when someone is so set on something (negatively) without any evidence. Especially when that something is trending up with positive moves.

Advertisement
Back