Diaz Gets It....

Advertisement
The signs were there.

Richt was stripped of play calling duties at UGA. Enos ran a style that almost nobody runs anymore, even when they have the personnel. When he lost his senior quarterback and NFL prospect online, production fell sharply.

I didn’t like the Enos hire, but I talk myself into offseason moves in the name of optimism and not having hopeless off seasons.

Lashlee is different. He is almost exactly what I want in offensive philosophy. He uses a physical run game that can use angles and numbers to get yards brute force alone might leave on the field. He emphasizes getting the ball out of the quarterbacks hand quickly and has a diverse short passing game. He takes deep shots frequently when given the look and still emphasizes the quick release.
If he attacks the middle of the field with Bevin and Mallory, he will have a complete system that takes pressure off our teams most questionable units, quarterback and offensive line.

If we fail, I believe that it will be because of Diaz’s deficiencies as a leader, not Lashlee’s play calling or scheme.

My worry is Lashlee covers Manny’s warts and makes him look good. Then we sign Manny too a big extension, Lashlee leaves, and we find Diaz is still the shook, perpetrating corch he proved to be in 2019.
Agree on all points except the last. Well, actually hoping that Lashlee rubs off on Manny so when he leaves, which if successful he will, Manny has the blueprint for what needs to continue to get done not only on the offensive side of the ball but as HC as well.

Does he get it? More important...Does he have it?

A simple question.

Do you have more certainly ( a willingness to bet your future on) that Manny can become;

A. A consistent top notch PR man
B. A consistent Championship winning Coach

Until my answer firmly changes from A to B, ....and while I'll ALWAYS support my Alma Mater... I'll keep my Manny preseason optimism slightly above Meh.

On the field results can change everyone's outlook. We ALL expect better...but last year proved AGAIN that you don't always get what you expect

Agree on all points except the last. Well, actually hoping that Lashlee rubs off on Manny so when he leaves, which if successful he will, Manny has the blueprint for what needs to continue to get done not only on the offensive side of the ball but as HC as well.

Manny’s problem won’t be X’s and O’s if he flames out at this job. He has proven to be flexible and adaptable in that area and it is the main thing I like about him.

My only concerns with him are his poor intangibles as head coach and recruiting misses that have left us with depth concerns.

A head coaches jobs is to manage his staff and players. The part that separates the average from the good and good from the great is the unfakable self assurance, confidence, and fortitude that shows a leader to be congruent and convince his charges that they should allow him to lead them. You learn the most about a coach during adversity.

The things I have seen from Manny under adversity are disturbing and raise serious doubts about his leadership skills in my mind. I am rooting for him but he won’t be successful being the same guy we saw in 2019.

View attachment 111082

Notice to haters: he DIDN'T say "we back!"...

He said, "now the work begins..."

He couldn't fire Enos or JW mid-season last year and had to roll with the horses he had.

Now there hasn't been a single team in CFB which as revamped as much as the Canes have under Diaz...

And with as much IMPACT moves as Diaz has made...

Yes the judgement will need to wait till December 2020 to see what comes up... but don't keep telling us Diaz is anything remotely like Shannon, Golden or Richt.
Congrats on finding our problems, that was not a huge accomplishment as many of us here know what our problems are and have been.

Congrats on going out and addressing those problems with changes in coaching deficiencies and personnel through the various avenues.

I am sure Manny is doing everything he knows how to do, unfortunately once he runs out of the things that he knows how to do we are left still woefully short of success. As I tell my kids, success is not easy, if it were then everyone would be successful. As bad as I may want the guy performing heart surgery on me to be the best it will become painfully obvious to everyone that he is not the best if I die on the table, and saying afterwards to my widow that you tried your best is not going to cut it. Coaching is not cardiology, but Manny gets paid more.

Advertisement
Yea Manny might realize the problems but just because you take an algebra class and realize you need calculus too doesn’t make you a physicist.

Manny has been great winning the offseason.He needs to take these wins and win IN SEASON.

All these post talking about the guy at the grocery store couldn't win a championship reminds me of Kurt Warner, former HyVee employee

View attachment 111082

Notice to haters: he DIDN'T say "we back!"...

He said, "now the work begins..."

He couldn't fire Enos or JW mid-season last year and had to roll with the horses he had.

Now there hasn't been a single team in CFB which as revamped as much as the Canes have under Diaz...

And with as much IMPACT moves as Diaz has made...

Yes the judgement will need to wait till December 2020 to see what comes up... but don't keep telling us Diaz is anything remotely like Shannon, Golden or Richt.
Manny never played the game. He's clueless and a LAME. His attributes is creating gold jewelry. When you lose to FIU, LOU TECH you need to hang it up. He's not the guy.

For us playcalling is that important.

When we root it in an identity that is based around our strengths, we play well. When we force a coach’s philosophy regardless of onhand personnel, we break records for poor play.

We are closer to the team that marched down the field opening drive on Florida than to the team that got zeroed by La tech.

We set records for bad defense under D’onofrio. We set records for bad offense under Richt and Enos. It’s hard for us to fathom that we hired D’onofrio level coordinators back to back on offense, but we did.

Enos should have built on what he learned in the Florida game, but he was stubborn and disorganized. Add in his cantankerous arrogance and it was a case study in how to get tuned out by your team.

It could have gone completely differently, even with players we had that are so hated now. His playcalling created a team that was perpetually two steps forward, four steps back.

Go back to the quick slant we threw to Mark Pope from an under center three step drop against Florida. It was an easy pitch and catch and put us in a favorable down and distance. I NEVER saw it the REST OF THE SEASON and it was consistently there against most teams. Look at the plays he ran after that play and how they killed momentum.

We have to get over the idea that we can call any old bullshyt and it will work if we “execute”. The best offensive coordinators don’t think like that. There is a reason some guys have Riley level success and others are journeymen like Enos.
Tell me more about Lashlee.

Advertisement
And this, my friend, is why you and everyone else will fail to win me over during any off season ever again. I don't GAF what it says on paper. "The next guy will be so much better than the last guy!" FOH. Fool me 5 times, shame on ME. Richt was an OC for a National Championship team and TWO SEC Championship teams. Enos was Saban's next man up. Now we have someone who will confuse the defense EVEN BETTER! Tell me about it in 2021.
Oh, here we are in 2021. Sure enough, all the sunshine pumpers crowning Lashlee have run away and hidden.

Advertisement
Back