Diaz Concepts

By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. View attachment 49683

If I'm a competent OC I'm taking advantage of this all day.

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. View attachment 49682

Anyways, just wanted to get some insight. Yesterday's game had plenty of these!

Maybe I can't count but it looks like we only have 10 on D.

There's actually another safety even further back than the one that you can see, on the other half of the field.

I know. I know.

If that is the case that is beyond hideous.

Uh, guys? There's 11 players in that picture.

Advertisement
Blackman will be at least equally capable of making hot reads and bubble throws as BC's QB but to FSU athletes....

They scored 20 points vs us last year. itll be less this year. guarenteed. fsu's offense was an abomination with Francois now it will be laughable

Abomination is strong, but that's not really the point. Our front 7 vs. their offense is now a major "+" match-up.

There won't be any reason to get overly aggressive for the **** of it and give Jimbo an easy/obvious target. He lives for that kind of crap.

It's whatever man, I'm not trippin'.
Still shots don't always tell the whole story.
I just hope this isn't a staple.

My two sense is they know what the O likes to run out of these sets. They're trying to deter them from running it on alignment. Then counting on the LB athleticism to take away the slant inside as well as defeat the block and make the tackle on the RPO throw to the WR. These things are hard to defend. I think it all depends on the personnel we have because a guy like Wilder should be able to buzz out and blow up the play, Mcloud as well. You have to understand, if we match them up man for man, with a running QB, that's advantage to the offense. It puts the defense in a bind either way, so it's pick your poison then have the players win their individual battles to defend the audible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
what you say seems to make sense and i'm not an X and O's genius, but why is redwine still dropping back if thats the case?

Advertisement
what you say seems to make sense and i'm not an X and O's genius, but why is redwine still dropping back if thats the case?

confusion

Malek is supposed to read what McCloud is doing. McCloud read his keys from the pre-snap read & stepped up to the LOS. You can actually see Shaq looking over to the vacated area, because they read different things pre-snap.

* McCloud stepping up to the LOS should mean Malek should force the WR outside & then crash to the slot with the Redwine covering the wideout over the top. You actually see Redwine look at the WR pre-snap and take his drop with his left foot on the hash which tells you where his key is.

I'm not saying the alignment makes sense. But most of you in here are jokes. You all praised him a year ago and you all crowned the defense before the season started and after one meaningless game, you all change your tune. Smh.

I never praised nor crowned

Obviously you haven't praised nor crowned Diaz since all of your posts occurred in the past 36 hours.

Advertisement

confusion

Malek is supposed to read what McCloud is doing. McCloud read his keys from the pre-snap read & stepped up to the LOS. You can actually see Shaq looking over to the vacated area, because they read different things pre-snap.

* McCloud stepping up to the LOS should mean Malek should force the WR outside & then crash to the slot with the Redwine covering the wideout over the top. You actually see Redwine look at the WR pre-snap and take his drop with his left foot on the hash which tells you where his key is.

That sounds highly unlikely and extremely unsound.

You never let a WR outside in 2-high. Makes the Safety have to cover more ground.

confusion

You never let a WR outside in 2-high. Makes the Safety have to cover more ground.

OK.

Advertisement

confusion

OK.

do u think the problem with our defense was diaz or our players being lazy?

confusion

**** u went scientific there good ****

confusion

OK.

do u think the problem with our defense was diaz or our players being lazy?

Missed tackles was the problem. IMO

Blackman will be at least equally capable of making hot reads and bubble throws as BC's QB but to FSU athletes....

They scored 20 points vs us last year. itll be less this year. guarenteed. fsu's offense was an abomination with Francois now it will be laughable

Abomination is strong, but that's not really the point. Our front 7 vs. their offense is now a major "+" match-up.

There won't be any reason to get overly aggressive for the **** of it and give Jimbo an easy/obvious target. He lives for that kind of crap.

If there was a word that could be stronger I'd use it. Patrick is like a snale & Akers is not as advertised. Now they have 170 pound none EE freshman QB leading them with a GARABAGE oline.

Advertisement
Back