Diaz Concepts

bAMACANE

Sophomore
By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 8.19.21 PM.jpg

If I'm a competent OC I'm taking advantage of this all day.

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 8.23.04 PM.jpg

Anyways, just wanted to get some insight. Yesterday's game had plenty of these!

Advertisement
I'm no defensive expert either, but my guess is that he's relying on the safety here to come up to help cover the slot while relying on pressure from the linebacker blitzing to force a bad throw

I'm no defensive expert either, but my guess is that he's relying on the safety here to come up to help cover the slot while relying on pressure from the linebacker blitzing to force a bad throw

Its a pretty unsound way to play defense against a quick pass spread team.

He's so concerned with his cutesy zone blitzes when his best result are in his base 2-read scheme.

If stuff like this doesn't get fixed it'll be a long season .... I am pretty embarrassed about yesterday's game but trying to stay positive so we'll see

I don't remember the play exactly, but did the LB drop back to cover underneath and the safety cover the top? Confuse the QB by thinking LB blitz and then have him drop back would make the most sense to me judging by the way they lined up.

Advertisement
Noticed this to. Why does every DC we hire has some sort of dumb deficiency?

Randy S. head coach defenses - couldn't disguise coverage and to simplified. Always ran Tampa 2 or Coverage 2.
Coach no D - lined up our CB and Safety in Hialeah and never blitzed. Never allowed players to make plays and benched them if they did. Read and React BS.
Manny Diaz - To blitz happy to the point of predictability and doesn't do simple LB and Nickels corner alignment so that they're wide enough to contain outside runs and bubble screens to the slot.

WHY US.

Last edited:
By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. View attachment 49683

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. View attachment 49682

Maybe I can't count but it looks like we only have 10 on D.

Randy S. head coach defenses - couldn't de coverages and to simplified. Always ran Tampa 2 or Coverage 2.
Coach no D - lined up our CB and Safety in Hialeah and never blitzed. Read and React BS.
Manny Diaz - To blitz happy to the point of predictability and doesn't align LB and Nickels wide enough to contain outside runs and bubble screens.

WHY US.

Bc we hire guys that need more seasoning.

Also, Shannon shouldnt be paired with the others, he had like 6 top ten defenses in his time here as DC.

Advertisement
By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. View attachment 49683

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. View attachment 49682

There's actually another safety even further back than the one that you can see, on the other half of the field.

I know. I know.

I think on that play, the outside lb takes off to the flat to cut off the quick throw to the slot guy

Randy S. head coach defenses - couldn't disguise coverage and to simplified. Always ran Tampa 2 or Coverage 2.
Coach no D - lined up our CB and Safety in Hialeah and never blitzed. Never allowed players to make plays and benched them if they did. Read and React BS.
Manny Diaz - To blitz happy to the point of predictability and doesn't do simple LB and Nickels corner alignment so that they're wide enough to contain outside runs and bubble screens to the slot.

WHY US.

I have faith that Manny will adjust his number of blitzes after this embarrassment of a game. How could you not? right?

FSU tried to take advantage of this but we had gotten pressure and alot of tipped balls, there was one play Pickney tipped it and the ball was going to go to Cook in the flats for an easy 50 yard score. I didnt like the pre alignments and I saw Jimbo trying to take advantage of it bnut the players played fast mean and ugly......FSUs OL didnt help them

Advertisement

There's actually another safety even further back than the one that you can see, on the other half of the field.

I know. I know.

If that is the case that is beyond hideous.

FSU tried to take advantage of this but we had gotten pressure and alot of tipped balls, there was one play Pickney tipped it and the ball was going to go to Cook in the flats for an easy 50 yard score. I didnt like the pre alignments and I saw Jimbo trying to take advantage of it bnut the players played fast mean and ugly......FSUs OL didnt help them

That was D Jax that tipped that ball

Jesus Christ. The fvcktard OP who admits he's "no defensive guru" is doubting a DC who took mostly freshman and Sophmores and turned them
into one of the best defenses in the country last year. OP KYS. Seriously this ******* board has gone to ****.

Advertisement

That was D Jax that tipped that ball

yea your right

Jesus Christ. The fvcktard OP who admits he's "no defensive guru" is doubting a DC who took mostly freshman and Sophmores and turned them
into one of the best defenses in the country last year. OP KYS. Seriously this ******* board has gone to ****.

Chill dude. Diaz is a good DC, but he, like everyone else, has deficiencies

Understandable here .. You should try watching that Bethune Cookman game from yesterday !

Understandable here .. You should try watching that Bethune Cookman game from yesterday !

You should try watching the 13 games from last year. I'll take it as an abaration.

Advertisement
Back