Diaz Concepts

11th man is hidden between the arrow and the 10 at the bottom of the screen, I had to count it several times as well. And I can't count either as at least one time I counted 12 Duh.

Advertisement
By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. View attachment 49683

If I'm a competent OC I'm taking advantage of this all day.

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. View attachment 49682

Anyways, just wanted to get some insight. Yesterday's game had plenty of these!

Maybe I can't count but it looks like we only have 10 on D.

There's actually another safety even further back than the one that you can see, on the other half of the field.

I know. I know.

Ther s eleven on the screen

Which pic? 1 or 2?

In one of those pics there are only 10 defenders shown and there is a safety off the screen on the far half.

Get your eyes checked B.

Last edited:
By no means am I a defensive guru, however I just don't understand this about Diaz's defense. This alignment is from yesterday's game. View attachment 49683

For comparisons, here's a screenshot of the FSU game last year that resulted in a touchdown.I remember screaming "cover the slot" before the ball even snapped. View attachment 49682

There's actually another safety even further back than the one that you can see, on the other half of the field.

I know. I know.

If that is the case that is beyond hideous.

Uh, guys? There's 11 players in that picture.

Stop acting fuggin dumb B.

I know. I know.

Ther s eleven on the screen

Which pic? 1 or 2?

In one of those pics there are only 10 defenders shown and there is a safety off the screen on the far half.

Get your eyes checked B.

Oh my. I was looking at the fsu one.

Always gotta respect the arms of MEAC QBs until proven otherwise?

Advertisement
I am not a Diaz fan AT ALL. I think he's an average DC, at best

I think what we saw of him at Texas is who he really is.

You are terrible. Average poster at best.

I gives a fluck about posting props, I gives a fluck about what anyone thinks, I for **** sure don't gives a fluck about no opinion from Plzwork4.

This is not a job...and "most" people's life don't revolve around this **** (I say most, because obviously this site makes you whole and gives your life meaning)...it's a fricken internet forum, senor

I know. I know.

If that is the case that is beyond hideous.

Uh, guys? There's 11 players in that picture.

Stop acting fuggin dumb B.

Who's acting?

I don't remember the play exactly, but did the LB drop back to cover underneath and the safety cover the top? Confuse the QB by thinking LB blitz and then have him drop back would make the most sense to me judging by the way they lined up.

Diaz's defense is a high risk/high reward scheme. We know this. We knew this last year. And we knew this before he came here. Risking a few yards in order to have a chance at a big play is what he does. It's why he was hired. It's not how many yards you give up, it's how many points you give up.

Advertisement
Back