Diaz Concepts

Neither one of those alignments is sound, but Diaz has never been a completely sound DC.

A savvy OC/QB throws bubble against that and gains an easy 8+ yards.

Think back a couple weeks to the video clip of Jeff Thomas from practice where he caught a bubble and juked our Safety. We were aligned the same way.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. The fvcktard OP who admits he's "no defensive guru" is doubting a DC who took mostly freshman and Sophmores and turned them
into one of the best defenses in the country last year. OP KYS. Seriously this ******* board has gone to ****.

Understandable here .. You should try watching that Bethune Cookman game from yesterday !

You should try watching the 13 games from last year. I'll take it as an abaration.
I agree completely .. But Diaz was a suspect hire by most people anyway .... I still like Diaz and hope that it was more of a fluke kindve game than anything ... I support Diaz but there is no reason for anyone to hate on people for being suspect about him .. Solely on his track record , yesterday was a little bit sketchy

My problem is that we were playing off like that vs Bethune. I can see if was someone that had excellent receivers like Oklahoma state or some one with a lot of speed. That sh*t put our players in bad positions. Hopes this get fixed next week

You better have some some sure handed tacklers at safety if your relying on him to come up and cover that slot guy.Quick pass and a miss tackle and that other safety you can't see is coming from 30-40 yds away to chase the guy.

Just don't know why we have to blitz every **** down.I know that'd his MO but I'd rather use that as a change of pace as opposed to the other way around.But hey he's the coach.Ill trust him until proven otherwise.

Neither one of those alignments is sound, but Diaz has never been a completely sound DC.

A savvy OC/QB throws bubble against that and gains an easy 8+ yards.

Think back a couple weeks to the video clip of Jeff Thomas from practice where he caught a bubble and juked our Safety. We were aligned the same way.

Jimbo ran that a ton last year against FSU. It was the go ahead score by Kermit Whitefield. With a Freshman QB, I'd expect more of the same this year. We better be ready

Advertisement
one game discredits his whole last season with starting 4 true freshman. what a clown fan base we have.

I mean, I'm just a high school slappy but from what I've learned you should never leave a slot "uncovered". Your closest defender should not be a Safety at 10+ yards.

Competent spread OC's love to see that ****.

Unless someone can tell me a good reason for doing that. *shrug*

I mean, I'm just a high school slappy but from what I've learned you should never leave a slot "uncovered". Your closest defender should not be a Safety at 10+ yards.

Competent spread OC's love to see that ****.

Unless someone can tell me a good reason for doing that. *shrug*

I never been a fan of that leaving the slot guy open, we got away with it alot last season because our front 7 was so dominant especially the last 5 games. Still Diaz is light years past Dorito so Im ok with it unless it becomes a handicap and they start attacking it.

I'm not saying the alignment makes sense. But most of you in here are jokes. You all praised him a year ago and you all crowned the defense before the season started and after one meaningless game, you all change your tune. Smh.

Advertisement
This is literally nothing different than what he was doing last year.

You gotta get home or make the tackle on the quick passes, which we did neither of this past saturday.

Advertisement
one game discredits his whole last season with starting 4 true freshman. what a clown fan base we have.

He did that $h!t with a veteran secondary last year *****.

This seems to be the BIIIIIG difference some of these guys forget...The guys we have out there now,especially the mid round pro look totally lost.
This week will be as big a test as we will get imo cause this plays right into the type offense Arky St. Plays.Short quick passes.Lets see what adjustments are made and if there aren't any how bad it shows up.

Advertisement
Blackman will be at least equally capable of making hot reads and bubble throws as BC's QB but to FSU athletes....

He did that $h!t with a veteran secondary last year *****.

This seems to be the BIIIIIG difference some of these guys forget...The guys we have out there now,especially the mid round pro look totally lost.
This week will be as big a test as we will get imo cause this plays right into the type offense Arky St. Plays.Short quick passes.Lets see what adjustments are made and if there aren't any how bad it shows up.

Yeah lets see what happens this week before we call for the guys head.

Blackman will be at least equally capable of making hot reads and bubble throws as BC's QB but to FSU athletes....

They scored 20 points vs us last year. itll be less this year. guarenteed. fsu's offense was an abomination with Francois now it will be laughable

I'm not saying the alignment makes sense. But most of you in here are jokes. You all praised him a year ago and you all crowned the defense before the season started and after one meaningless game, you all change your tune. Smh.

I never praised nor crowned

Advertisement
Back