Diaz back out recruiting per Darrow

Schiano and Don Brown I would think would be better hires for Temple..

Schiano built up Rutgers into a "respectable" level compared to the dumpster fire they are now.

Don Brown has built some lights out defenses with talent from up north from his BC and now Meechigan days... dude probably has very good recruiting connections and will be more respected

Advertisement
Kool interviewed with the bucs and thought he had a deal with them from what i remember. he then turned to bama

Yeah, sounds like some are saying Kul was taken off the recruiting trail last year, which I didn't really remember. Bottom line, though, this stuff happens every year, and every year coaches change jobs after signing day. It just is what it is.

Do you really think that if he’s about to leave they let him go visiting recruits at their home to talk about commitment? No way.

When FSU was talking to Dugans last year, he wasn’t out recruiting for Miami. He came back only after he made up his mind about staying.
Of course he’s back to work. That’s how it works. He’s not “about to leave.” He’s only going to leave if Temple offers him the job.

I would rather he didn’t recruit for us anymore with one foot out the door.
Hey coach why do you want to leave Miami and you think it’s a great place for me?

Advertisement
If true that Temple's looking for a defensive coach, surprised they wouldn't at least kick the tires on Butch. Much better job than FIU. Could be a nice launching pad in 2-3 years.

Yea because they probably found out Kul was spending more time at Golden Corral blowing up the budget with the chocolate fountain instead of actually recruiting.
Kool was saucin it up in the Keyes for wahoo Wednesdays instead of locking up dudes at img.
I wouldn’t t be surprised if he wants to come back as dc so he can fish full time and coach part time.

Because Temple is going to lock up so many recruits in the next 8 days?

You can LOL all you want, but you don't know any more than the mere possibility that I mentioned as an off-hand comment. Do you know what Manny's contract with UM contains? Do you know if he has a buyout and what it might be? How do you know they don't have some deal where UM waives the buyout if Temple waits 8 days to announce his hiring? We're talking Temple here, not Bama (who BTW, waited until after NSD to announce the hiring of Kuligowski away from Miami).

For the record, I didn't say that's what was happening, I said for all we know it COULD be the case, typically an indicator that what is being suggested would be an unlikely scenario. My whole point was that guessing what's going on right now is a fool's errand.

Dude what you said as a possibility was so absurd there's nothing you can say to justify it so stop

Advertisement
Dude what you said as a possibility was so absurd there's nothing you can say to justify it so stop

Good talk, bro.
tenor.gif

I really think Manny can get a better HC position than Temple. still think long term he is our best HC option
after the Deacon

Advertisement
Schiano was HC at Rutgers for 11 years. His record was 68-67 with a conference record of 28-48
real impressive right ? dumbasses need to stop with this "great job at Rutgers" bull****

dont even need to go into the train wreck he had as Tampa Bay HC .

He took over in 01 and left in 09

His last 4 years he averaged 9-4

At Rutgers
(They were 9-35 in the four years preceding Schiano)

Advertisement
Ah. You’re right. I missed 2010 actually. Bad year for him that season. 2011 was 9-4.

So 40-24 his final five years.

They really sucked bad before him though

And temple should absolutely hire him over Diaz
you just want Diaz to stay ... i get that Man no sweat

Advertisement
Back