Diaz back out recruiting per Darrow

The timeline has been to interview candidates Monday and Tuesday, with an announcement on a new HC most likely Wednesday or Thursday.

Manny was in the group that interviewed Monday. There is zero correlation between him getting/not getting the Temple job and him currently recruiting. Zero. They're still interviewing candidates today. He's just doing his current job.

Do you really think that if he’s about to leave they let him go visiting recruits at their home to talk about commitment? No way.

When FSU was talking to Dugans last year, he wasn’t out recruiting for Miami. He came back only after he made up his mind about staying.

Advertisement
Do you really think that if he’s about to leave they let him go visiting recruits at their home to talk about commitment? No way.

When FSU was talking to Dugans last year, he wasn’t out recruiting for Miami. He came back only after he made up his mind about staying.

Who says he's about to leave? He just interviewed. What if Temple decides to go with another candidate? He can't recruit until that decision is made?

Advertisement
The point is, Manny is 1 of about 5 serious candidates Temple is talking to at the moment, and the board seems to be expanding with each passing hour

Who says he's about to leave? He just interviewed. What if Temple decides to go with another candidate? He can't recruit until that decision is made?

It will be a matter of few days because Temple cannot go to early signing period without HC and we cannot go into our biggest recruiting weekend without defensive coordinator.

So, why let him recruit only for today or tomorrow iif he is really in play at Temple?

I don’t know but if tonight is recruiting for us it’s not a bad sign at all IMHO.

Advertisement
Yea because they probably found out Kul was spending more time at Golden Corral blowing up the budget with the chocolate fountain instead of actually recruiting.

its more that he was gone and the school knew it. was Dugans ever pulled off the trail last year? i don't think he was but can't remember

Advertisement
Not saying he wouldn't take it but what coach would turn down a interview that's just disrespectful so you take the interview even if you don't take the job

Temple isn't going to hire him and agree to keep it a secret so he can continue to work for his former employer while they miss out on recruits who are waiting for a new HC to be named lol.

Because Temple is going to lock up so many recruits in the next 8 days?

You can LOL all you want, but you don't know any more than the mere possibility that I mentioned as an off-hand comment. Do you know what Manny's contract with UM contains? Do you know if he has a buyout and what it might be? How do you know they don't have some deal where UM waives the buyout if Temple waits 8 days to announce his hiring? We're talking Temple here, not Bama (who BTW, waited until after NSD to announce the hiring of Kuligowski away from Miami).

For the record, I didn't say that's what was happening, I said for all we know it COULD be the case, typically an indicator that what is being suggested would be an unlikely scenario. My whole point was that guessing what's going on right now is a fool's errand.

Schiano was HC at Rutgers for 11 years. His record was 68-67 with a conference record of 28-48
real impressive right ? dumbasses need to stop with this "great job at Rutgers" bull****

dont even need to go into the train wreck he had as Tampa Bay HC .
Schiano was HC at Rutgers for 11 years. His record was 68-67 with a conference record of 28-48
real impressive right ? dumbasses need to stop with this "great job at Rutgers" bull****

dont even need to go into the train wreck he had as Tampa Bay HC .
II went to 1AA Lafayette, who by the way has 2 National Championships and a winning record over Penn State, in the late 60's. We played both Rutgers and Temple. They dropped us in the early 70's to go Big Time. They stunk for decades. Temple is in one of the toughest parts of town. Hard to believe but Philly is now a suburb of New York. People take Bolt bus every day because they can't afford to live in NYC.

Advertisement
Because Temple is going to lock up so many recruits in the next 8 days?

You can LOL all you want, but you don't know any more than the mere possibility that I mentioned as an off-hand comment. Do you know what Manny's contract with UM contains? Do you know if he has a buyout and what it might be? How do you know they don't have some deal where UM waives the buyout if Temple waits 8 days to announce his hiring? We're talking Temple here, not Bama (who BTW, waited until after NSD to announce the hiring of Kuligowski away from Miami).

For the record, I didn't say that's what was happening, I said for all we know it COULD be the case, typically an indicator that what is being suggested would be an unlikely scenario. My whole point was that guessing what's going on right now is a fool's errand.

Kool interviewed with the bucs and thought he had a deal with them from what i remember. he then turned to bama

If that’s so, and a recruit asks him what’s up, what does he say “No comment”?

What did Kul say during recruiting period last year? Oh right, he wasn't actually recruiting anyone.

Coaches have been lying to recruits ever since there was such a thing as a "coach" and a "recruit". Certainly wouldn't be the first time a coach was recruiting for a school that he knew he'd be leaving shortly.

For the record, I'm not saying Manny has already taken the job, my entire point was nobody knows and all this guessing is pointless. Until Richt is gone or put in his place, none of it really matters anyway.

Darrow knows Diaz well. He recently interviewed him for the 5 Rings Podcast. Diaz is waiting on Temple to make a decision. If he's the choice, he's gone.

Advertisement
Back