Diamond in the Rough emerging...

Maybe Flagg can get quicker in college like Redwine did. But when I saw Flagg's HUDL highlights, I saw a poor man's Shaq. He has all the right instincts, But the young man's needs to motivate. I'd don't know what Feeley needs to do to make him faster. Shoot out of the blocks with rubber bands wrapped around his waste 100 times a day? Cone drills for an hour straight? Whatever it is, go, go, go. Definitely want to see him succeed at Miami.

As far as Balom goes, I'm just a fan not a coach like LCE, Geta and Macho. But I thought his film was rock solid. Banda went from doghouse to landlord for me with last year's haul. Washington was the only one I questioned, and he'll probably move to striker anyway. And this year Band lands Williams and Kinchens. Crown the man. This bartender has much better moves than Tom Cruise in ****tail. His wife is as hot as Elisabeth Shue, too.

Advertisement
The special teams coverage teams should get a nice upgrade with all of these fast rangy athletes coming in at backer and safety...

As much as we all liked Jimmy Murphy beating everyone down the field on punt and kick coverage, it is a great thing to see teams dominating with young talented players who are going to develop into killers...

Thats where the talent gap becomes apparent when teams are heading for conference championship level football...

lol we had way too many “ slow guys “ on Specials the last couple years. Drives me crazy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Never saw that type of speed in the NFL....4.5...Yes...but Ed was just as fast...

The whole “athletic” premise is so silly. In a straight line and exclusively as a VJ, yes, Troy probably has Ed beat (Ed never was a 4.3/4.4 guy). But, from an overall athleticism standpoint, Ed was no slouch. He was a college track athlete and I’d say he was a more dynamic athlete. But, from a pure numbers and strength POV, Troy has him beat but that’s not the point of the discussion.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Ed isn't the Greatest Safety of all time, needs there heads examined...90% of the experts will agree...Was Troy a Bad Boy??...Absolutely...but he wasn't Ed...

Advertisement
Flagg's (lack of) speed matters, obviously. It limits his ceiling, but a guy that can make quick decisions and be in the right place makes up (some) for being slow. Speed doesn't do you much when you take an extra 3 tenths to make your move. And it won't help at all if you're in the wrong spot.

Not saying he's all that, but his floor is a regular on special teams, and a backup that won't blow assignments.

Ed Reed....
* Member of State Record 4×100 team at Destrehan HS...
* Standout in Long Jump
* Standout in Triple Jump
* HS Record Javelin throw of 57 meters
* Placed 7th in Triple Jump at Big East Championships in 2000
* 3rd in Javelin Throw at 2000 Big East Championships
* Was also a QB...RB...Punt returner and KO returner in HS......
Hope thats athletic enough.....smh

Advertisement
Back