Diamond in the Rough emerging...

Advertisement
Ed Reed....
* Member of State Record 4×100 team at Destrehan HS...
* Standout in Long Jump
* Standout in Triple Jump
* HS Record Javelin throw of 57 meters
* Placed 7th in Triple Jump at Big East Championships in 2000
* 3rd in Javelin Throw at 2000 Big East Championships
* Was also a QB...RB...Punt returner and KO returner in HS......
Hope thats athletic enough.....smh
OK. You win!
I still think there were many, many more athletic safeties with TP included, but ER was the smartest football player I've ever seen. Just my opinion, and that's what made him better than everyone.....including TP.
But I concede. You win.

Flagg has very good instincts with enough quickness (4.43 shuttle) to succeed at MLB..... has to be very precise or he will get caught chasing plays (4.92 40) like Shaq did most of his career....Shaq finally learned how to make the field smaller by being more precise......now he's ready to have a good nfl career... Flaggs tape shows that in his game already IMO...

Advertisement
Hall of fame is full sub par and average athletes.
Give me a super high football IQ guy with a 4.8 over a guy who can’t diagnose, can’t get into position, doesn’t prepare, but runs a 4.38.

In layman’s terms:
Why have a super hot chick that can’t ride dck, is super boujee and high maintenance, won’t swal... etc etc... what am I supposed to do with that? Jerk while she’s naked?

Advertisement
Ther ehas
has been plenty of talk about traore. He is battling for the starting guard position.
Yeah, you’re right, he’s frequently discussed - sorry I highlighted a potential major OL contributor that is certainly needed - and I spend way too much time on this board and don’t recall many people talking about how my boy Traore might help us open some lanes this year.

Maybe he deserves his own thread.

Advertisement
LoL, he's been legit, the problem is people keep getting caught up in these nerd recruiting site rankings and not paying attention, 1st off that man not scared of no competition and when he plays, he almost always play like he's the best player on the field. He's an old school Cane, has a high football I.Q., and is real mature out their on that field, these are the type of guys that made UM Great, they gone have a hard time keeping brian off the field. He's one of those guys that make big plays when people not expecting it, he's a natural on that back end. Coach rumph and banda got guys who out to dominate again, if football is played going to be fun to watch!
Everyone has said it ad nauseum but the depth at safety is unreal now. It has also been said enough that our corner position is not near deep enough. Am I wrong in my assessment that if corner can gain just a couple more studs, we will have a complete defensive squad at all spots capable of stepping in with no big loss of talent?
Our line is their, safety is their, linebacker is close. We can start to see the fruit getting ripe. I hope all are ready to eat.

Polamalu was somewhat of a liability in coverage. Reed was amazing in coverage and **** good in run support too.
I said that earlier in Thread....Ed could play SS as Good as Troy in a Snap of the fingers.....No way in **** could Troy play FS nearly as well as Ed....That's the main difference, and a Huge one in comparing the two....

Advertisement
Who cares what Polamaula supposedly ran...Reed was easily more athletic in the back end. Polamalu was more of a strong safety type..he couldnt cover the same depths like Reed.
He didn’t supposedly run that. He did run that.

I don’t get the theory that cuz polamalu couldn’t play FS, he was less athletic. Polamalu just wasn’t smart enough or as good of a pure football player to play FS. Reed was a good athlete and he was way smarter and better at prep, so he was the best safety of all time.

As a canes fan, I appreciate the defense of Ed, but I think y’all take it too personal and it blinds your objectivity.

Advertisement
Back