Diamond in the Rough emerging...

TurnoverCane

Freshman
Im sure this was discussed in the scrimmage chat, but figured i'd put it in its own thread... is Brian Balom Turning into a legit dude on this team? the stat sheet was unreal yesterday.. idk if he was playing against the walk-ons or the 1st teamers but still..

according to 247 he had only one other p5 offer, and hes already coming to the U and showing out.. would love to hear some hot takes on the kid.. how would the depth chart look next year assuming one or 2 of the safetys declare & now with Balom in the fold ??

Advertisement
Advertisement
i think, based ONLY on one scrimmage's stats, that he is a combo of Ronnie Lott, with the smarts of Polomalu and the athleticism of Ed Reed. i'm serious, just off of one scrimmage's stats.

:ROFLMAO: i hear ya. but thats some crazy numbers for a true fresh kid with 2 P5 offers. i bet if it was roles reversed and avante williams had that stat line today posters on here would be penciling him in as our starting striker !!

Advertisement
I trust this staff's assesments. Bust rate compared to what we've seen in the past is microscopic.

i think, based ONLY on one scrimmage's stats, that he is a combo of Ronnie Lott, with the smarts of Polomalu and the athleticism of Ed Reed. i'm serious, just off of one scrimmage's stats.
Way to tamp down enthusiasm. Can't have UM fans getting too excited about UM players. Must be scared at all times and subjugate ourselves to other programs and players.

Advertisement
Balom was unbelievable at Paradise. He made his name that day.

I can see him making an early impact similar to Anthony Reddick. College-ready and solid in all categories. Hopefully the rest of his career turns out better than Reddick, but they are similar as freshmen.

Advertisement
Im sure this was discussed in the scrimmage chat, but figured i'd put it in its own thread... is Brian Balom Turning into a legit dude on this team? the stat sheet was unreal yesterday.. idk if he was playing against the walk-ons or the 1st teamers but still..

according to 247 he had only one other p5 offer, and hes already coming to the U and showing out.. would love to hear some hot takes on the kid.. how would the depth chart look next year assuming one or 2 of the safetys declare & now with Balom in the fold ??
When I saw the title of the first thing that came to mind was Balom. FWIW there’s been plenty of green tree all stars over the years but encouraging none

Advertisement
Back