Dewan Huell to Draft

Advertisement
Can we stop the prattle about what exact country he could end up in and just say that he better like eating cabbage and parts of the goat we all thought weren't for human consumption?

This kid actually leaving would make Joe Yearby look like a genius.

We'll see.

I know a lot of people are invested in his failure because you've been talking **** about me saying he might get drafted all year long. Personally I think he could use another year, but I know the type of athleticism and potential the scouts will want to get a close look at and Dewan has it. The skill just isn't there yet.

Advertisement
I would have bet money on this happening. I remember a story about him coming here to be a one and done.

Lol three times in a row he had the ball under the basket for an uncontested dunk, late in the Loyola game, and he handed the ball to the nearest defender.

I guess that, and dribbling out of bounds then airballing the first of a one and one to lose the game, are now sought after qualities by the NBA

Huell has athleticism and occasionally looked good this year.

That being said, he needs work on:

Getting stronger
Physicality
Aggressiveness
Assertiveness
His jump shot
Defense

I think this is just a move to garner attention. Someone once said there’s no such thing as bad publicity.

He will be back. No way he gets graded to go in this draft. One more year will do him wonders. If he had a good Freshman season then this would make sense.

Advertisement
Even though he ain’t gonna get drafted, there’s plenty of developmental leagues that’ll pay him. He might not be back :/

Advertisement
An article in the Athletic this morning stated that 64 underclassmen kept their name in the draft last year and 27 went undrafted. It was half of 60 the year before. Are we really that confident Huell won't be one of those guys?

An article in the Athletic this morning stated that 64 underclassmen kept their name in the draft last year and 27 went undrafted. It was half of 60 the year before. Are we really that confident Huell won't be one of those guys?

I'm not confident at all. I think it would be completely asinine if he left, but it wouldn't shock me.

Getting stronger
Physicality
Aggressiveness
Assertiveness
His jump shot
Defense

I think this is just a move to garner attention. Someone once said there’s no such thing as bad publicity.
Some testosterone would take care of 1-3

Advertisement

Getting stronger
Physicality
Aggressiveness
Assertiveness
His jump shot
Defense

Good summary. But the improvement from freshman to sophomore was immense. Huell now looks the part.

He's sporadically assertive. That's the puzzling aspect. He picks his spots to demonstrate athletic arrogance worthy of his skill level, but overall he still gives the impression of holding back.

Typically those moments of assertiveness are without the ball. He'll swat a shot or make an arrogant move to get into position for an alley opp dunk. None of that was present his freshman year.

Often he gets the ball in positive expectancy but doesn't seem to realize it and makes some truly stupid wallflower decisions. If an NBA coach can isolate that tendency and erase it from him, then you might have something.

Think BB and LW leaving makes it more likely Huell will go too.
Wrong. That's two more players that will assuredly be picked before him. It's also a lot easier to stand out when your team is average. He can average 15-20 ppg and 8-10 rpg and be the primary option and improve his stock.

Advertisement
Back