Dewan Huell to Draft

bmonta

Redshirt Freshman
Just declared for the NBA Draft according to his instagram. Not hiring an agent though to keep college eligibility.

Advertisement
A big guy who can't shoot or rebound? Sign me up!

Advertisement
This would have been a good April fools joke yesterday. At least he didn't hire an agent...

dewan has the skillset to be a small ball 5 in the NBA. he does things athletically off the pick and roll and in the fast break that a lot of big guys simply can't. but he's definitely not ready to play professionally right now, and considering how much better he got in between years 1 and 2 i think it makes sense for him to come back and keep developing. his problem mostly is just seeing/understanding the game... especially when he gets the ball in the post. i think he has a chance to make the league but if he comes out now i think he'll probably wash out sadly.

Advertisement
I'm guessing this is just a move to get more attention from the NBA in general. He hasn't really been on anyone's radar and he wants to be. He should be back next year.

Huell has moments where he looks like a lottery pick. Then there's times where he's basically Fabio Nass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back