Dewan Huell to Draft

6'10 still qualifies a big, in any league. If your definition of a big is someone who who can throw his weight around underneath, Huell doesn't qualify.

A big is a guy that plays a big position (ie down low).

Darius Rice was a wing.

Period.

Advertisement
A big is a guy that plays a big position (ie down low).

Darius Rice was a wing.

Period.

Darius Rice was a power Forward which is exactly what Huell will play when he goes to the NBA/euro league. Also, you see tons of stretch 4 and even stretch 5 guys in the NBA now.

Darius Rice was a power Forward which is exactly what Huell will play when he goes to the NBA/euro league. Also, you see tons of stretch 4 and even stretch 5 guys in the NBA now.

I believe you are the one who didn't watch him play if you think he played power forward here. I've been watching Miami Basketball consistently since 1998 when I was 13. He was a wing player. Here is a link from the University of Miami saying he was a small forward. University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Huell and Rice both are around 6'10 and slim. That is the only similarity they have in their games.

Advertisement
I believe you are the one who didn't watch him play if you think he played power forward here. I've been watching Miami Basketball consistently since 1998 when I was 13. He was a wing player. Here is a link from the University of Miami saying he was a small forward. University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

Huell and Rice both are around 6'10 and slim. That is the only similarity they have in their games.

Where did I say he played PF at Miami? In the pros he plays PF which is exactly what Huell will play which is what I stated earlier. The only real difference in the game is Huell can't shoot the 3 that well. Huell doesn't dominate around the basket and most of his post moves are moves that are classicly used by PFs not centers.

Huell may be called a "5," but we all know he isn't. He does not play effectively "down low." Unlike Rice, he doesn't play the 4 well either. I'd take Popa or Steve Rich at the 5 over Huell (at his current level of development). Better yet, Mario Bland, 6'6 wide body Center who could score, rebound and especially pass from the high post.

Last edited:
This thread has highlighted the biggest problem in Huell's game...and it's a big one: he has no position in the NBA.

Advertisement
Huell needs to keep improving. He made a nice progression from his freshman to sophomore year but tailed off at the end

Advertisement
We have two ships to fill then.
Yeah I guess so. I still don't see the Hawks taking him. They have 3 first round picks and a very early 2nd round pick. He isn't worth any of those right now. I hope he comes back. We will need him this season.

Advertisement
I only interact with people who actually watch Miami Hurricanes basketball.

So you where proven wrong so you need to try and talk **** to verify your self. It doesn't matter what position Huell played in college he wont be a 5 in the NBA just like Rice couldn't be a wing in the pros. I gauruntee I have been to more Hurricanes games then you have ever been. Also, based on your most recent comments you don't know **** about basketball.

So you where proven wrong so you need to try and talk **** to verify your self. It doesn't matter what position Huell played in college he wont be a 5 in the NBA just like Rice couldn't be a wing in the pros. I gauruntee I have been to more Hurricanes games then you have ever been. Also, based on your most recent comments you don't know **** about basketball.

I wasn't proven wrong.

I actually watched Darius Rice play. He was a wing. I don't care what position he played in the Venezuelan League. He was a 6'10" 205 lbs wing player.

You prove every day how ignorant you are about, well, everything Hurricanes related.

I wasn't proven wrong.

I actually watched Darius Rice play. He was a wing. I don't care what position he played in the Venezuelan League. He was a 6'10" 205 lbs wing player.

You prove every day how ignorant you are about, well, everything Hurricanes related.

And what did I say he was?

A stretch four you moron. Regardless you should care what he played as a pro because that is what is being discussed. Should we go find out what he played in grammar school aswell? We are talking about going pro not a HS kid trying to figure out what position he will play at the U.

Advertisement
Back