Dewan Huell not playing tonight

Advertisement
Whole thing sucks, but if holding him out till we hit the conference schedule works - then OK. As of right now, if Dewan is playing we are undefeated. Need a BIG guy in there. Rutgers was not that good but they certainly were big.

Whole thing sucks, but if holding him out till we hit the conference schedule works - then OK. As of right now, if Dewan is playing we are undefeated. Need a BIG guy in there. Rutgers was not that good but they certainly were big.

He's not coming back at all unless he lawyers up and pushes back at our awful administration.

Advertisement
NIT, NIT, NIT, NIT

Let's assume Dewan comes back for big bad Houston Baptist.

Let's assume we can win the final 3 games before ACC play.

How many conference games would we need to win to make the NIT?

How many conference games would we need to win to make the NCAAT?

Advertisement

In my opinion, in order to reach any post season tournament, Miami has to above 500 in the ACC. Also, they need to hope every team they lost too during the pre-conference schedule makes the NCAA tournament so the losses don't look so bad.

I could be wrong but that is the best case scenario. Having Dewan back will definitely help. ALOT.

Lykes / Johnson / Lawrence / Huell / Izundu

DJ and Gak off the bench

In my opinion, in order to reach any post season tournament, Miami has to above 500 in the ACC. Also, they need to hope every team they lost too during the pre-conference schedule makes the NCAA tournament so the losses don't look so bad.

I could be wrong but that is the best case scenario. Having Dewan back will definitely help. ALOT.
Withiout Dewan, .500 would have been impossible to achieve. We might well have finished in the league's bottom three teams. With him, it will be difficult to go .500 but ... not impossible.

Advertisement

I would guess we need 11 wins to make the tourney with the bad losses we've accumulated. If we are 11-7 in ACC play and win at least one acc tourney game I don't see how the committee leaves us out knowing we didn't have Huell for those bad losses.

Has the school said anything about Dewan being back? If not, wonder when they plan to do so. Maybe they wanna keep Houston Baptist from game planning for him?

Advertisement
hoping...just seen...
Captureasa.PNG

It has now been over a month since UM sat Huellnandez and asked the NCAA to review his eligibility. The season is obviously ruined already anyway at this point. But I remain curious as to how long Huellnandez passively waits through his indefinite suspension while UM completely ruins his contract year as well.

The longer it goes with no word from UM on Dewan's return, the more I'm thinking the Charlie Strauzer tweet might have been wishful thinking? Anyway, still 6 days for them to make his tweet "right."

Advertisement
Back