Dewan Huell not playing tonight

It has now been over a month since UM sat Huellnandez and asked the NCAA to review his eligibility. The season is obviously ruined already anyway at this point. But I remain curious as to how long Huellnandez passively waits through his indefinite suspension while UM completely ruins his contract year as well.

Ignorance is bliss.

Advertisement
So if Dewan is back for Houston Baptist as Charlie Strauzer projected in his tweet above, what and/or who can we attribute his return to?

Advertisement
Do you seriously think the NCAA has began their investigation?
I don't think its a full blown investigation. I think the U is waiting to get an interpretation of something and the NCAA is taking its time in providing what would in essence be a binding ruling.

I don't think its a full blown investigation. I think the U is waiting to get an interpretation of something and the NCAA is taking its time in providing what would in essence be a binding ruling.

Shouldnt take this long to get an "interpretation". No other player is sitting out because of this. I usually defend the athletic dept and coaches in general but I can't defend the the dept on this.

Shouldnt take this long to get an "interpretation". No other player is sitting out because of this. I usually defend the athletic dept and coaches in general but I can't defend the the dept on this.
Not defending them. Just stating what I think is going on. Should UM be more aggressive? Yes.

Advertisement

What exactly are they investigating? How are they doing it? What additional powers (to compel) does the NCAA have over the DOJ/FBI?

I'm waiting for an interpretation of how Blake James continues to hold his job.

What exactly are they investigating? How are they doing it? What additional powers (to compel) does the NCAA have over the DOJ/FBI?
They have no powers to compel the DOJ/FBI but they have the power to compel the university to answer. If an answer isn't provided soon Hernandez will probably take matters into his own hands.

Advertisement
They have no powers to compel the DOJ/FBI but they have the power to compel the university to answer. If an answer isn't provided soon Hernandez will probably take matters into his own hands.

That wasn’t the question asked.

The question asked was what could the NCAA do that the FBI/DOJ can’t do.

Dewan should have hired an attorney a long time ago.

That wasn’t the question asked.

The question asked was what could the NCAA do that the FBI/DOJ can’t do.

Dewan should have hired an attorney a long time ago.
Couldn't agree more that Dewan should already have an attorney. Will he play, as Strauzer forecast, this week, or not? Question of the moment. If he has been reinstated, the school is keeping awfully quiet about it.

As for the different "powers" of the FBI/DoJ and the NCAA, the NCAA has the ability to sanction our school/program -- an ability we're all too aware of.

As for the different "powers" of the FBI/DoJ and the NCAA, the NCAA has the ability to sanction our school/program -- an ability we're all too aware of.

That isn't what I really asked. I think this is beyond a waste that me and you discuss this issue further.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back