Dewan Huell not playing tonight

Advertisement
Closer than he would be had he trusted the school through the entire process.

You may be right - it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes. Feel for the kid if he really did nothing wrong in all of this. Let's hope the school is doing everything possible for his sake and the sake of the program's reputation.

Reinstated? Our school choose to sit him. He can come back in a second.

How long did it take the school to cave with DeQuan Jones?

Ya, you are right. But he didn't hire an attorney right away, and we don't know all the background. Maybe this will move things along.

Advertisement
You may be right - it's hard to know what's going on behind the scenes. Feel for the kid if he really did nothing wrong in all of this. Let's hope the school is doing everything possible for his sake and the sake of the program's reputation.
I was a little taken back by L’s quotes in the article this morning: There’s no timetable on the decision - the NCAA doesn’t work like that - we are ‘waiting for them’. Doesn’t sound like they are doing all they can, sounds like they are taking the NCAA’s concern as gospel and not forcing a decision.

I was a little taken back by L’s quotes in the article this morning: There’s no timetable on the decision - the NCAA doesn’t work like that - we are ‘waiting for them’. Doesn’t sound like they are doing all they can, sounds like they are taking the NCAA’s concern as gospel and not forcing a decision.

That's an old quote from L.

Ya, you are right. But he didn't hire an attorney right away, and we don't know all the background. Maybe this will move things along.

Neither did DeQuan

I expect UM to cave like chickenchit a$sbags before our next game.

Advertisement
Herald article paragraph that got my attention.

"Asked when or if Hernandez will be cleared to play, UM coach Jim Larranaga recently said: “We don’t know anything. I don’t think there is a timetable. I don’t think the NCAA works that way...you just wait until you hear back from them.”

Pretty passive approach and a statement that - again - shifts all the blame to the NCAA.

"Asked when or if Hernandez will be cleared to play, UM coach Jim Larranaga recently said: “We don’t know anything. I don’t think there is a timetable. I don’t think the NCAA works that way...you just wait until you hear back from them.”

Pretty passive approach and a statement that - again - shifts all the blame to the NCAA.

Two week old quote. Following the company line. It was Blake James et al that deferred to the NCAA, not L.

Advertisement

I agree and was surprised at the time that Coach L didn't come out a little stronger in support of the kid, e.g. a forward looking statement about his attitude, commitment, work ethic, etc. Hope that doesn't mean there's something substantive to this, or that his hands were completely tied by the athletic dept.

I agree and was surprised at the time that Coach L didn't come out a little stronger in support of the kid, e.g. a forward looking statement about his attitude, commitment, work ethic, etc. Hope that doesn't mean there's something substantive to this, or that his hands were completely tied by the athletic dept.

His hands are completely tied by the athletic dept.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back