Dewan Huell not playing tonight

One one hand, I wouldn't blame him a bit for leaving. He's shown great patience through all this. On the other hand, leaving sort implies some level of guilt. Plus, does he have anything better to do this coming semester? Wonder what his academic standing in relation to a degree is?

It does not imply any guilt. It would imply he's had enough waiting around.

Advertisement
It does not imply any guilt. It would imply he's had enough waiting around.
That too. If I were him and not reinstated, I'd stay -- on full scholarship -- to continue enjoying college life at UM and working toward my degree. Would not want to give anyone the satisfaction of even the appearance of running me off.

This was posted today -- 18 December -- on the UM Athletic Dept website:

"Junior forward Dewan Hernandez has been withheld from competition thus far as the University and NCAA review his eligibility."

Coach L and the Miami Herald have said that the university is waiting on the NCAA to make a decision. Yet the AD post says BOTH the university and NCAA are still reviewing Dewan's eligibilty. Maybe it's just sloppy wording??

Last edited:
Advertisement
That too. If I were him and not reinstated, I'd stay -- on full scholarship -- to continue enjoying college life at UM and working toward my degree. Would not want to give anyone the satisfaction of even the appearance of running me off.

This was posted today -- 18 December -- on the UM Athletic Dept website:

"Junior forward Dewan Hernandez has been withheld from competition thus far as the University and NCAA review his eligibility."

Coach L and the Miami Herald have said that the university is waiting on the NCAA to make a decision. Yet the AD post says BOTH the university and NCAA are still reviewing Dewan's eligibilty. Maybe it's just sloppy wording??

based on recent comments, its clear the school has cleared him. theyre waiting on the nCAA now

One benefit of Dewan being out, albeit still a bummer, is that the team is learning how to play - move the ball and work together without him. If and when he returns that will pay dividends in the meat of the schedule.

Advertisement
this has nothing to do with the miami Ath dept. they cant do anything until the nCAA clears him

It is 100% the Miami Athletic Department.

The NCAA never said he was ineligible. They also never said there were any issues with him, VJ King or Lamar Peters.

Two schools decided to do nothing because there was no issue. One school made it an issue.

One benefit of Dewan being out, albeit still a bummer, is that the team is learning how to play - move the ball and work together without him. If and when he returns that will pay dividends in the meat of the schedule.

You don’t think they will struggle when they randomly insert one of our best players into the lineup?

All these games were opportunities to build cohesiveness and now...

It is 100% the Miami Athletic Department.

The NCAA never said he was ineligible. They also never said there were any issues with him, VJ King or Lamar Peters.

Two schools decided to do nothing because there was no issue. One school made it an issue.

Any idea why UM would do that? What was/is there to gain by holding our own badly-needed player out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back