Dewan Huell not playing tonight

Does it really matter how it got into the NCAAs hands?

Yes. It does.

Can we agree on that?

No. The reason being is that we can just as easily play him and say..."oops we ***ed up, there was no reason to take the unnecessary action that we did given everything that actually transpired with the DOJ."

The NCAA will do what they want to do regardless. They will investigate or not.

Advertisement
Even with Hernandez, they aren't winning a natty. We all know the NCAA is waiting to come down on Miami whenever they have a chance. This is a move to protect the future . Wouldn't be worth losing scholarships next year

Advertisement
Even with Hernandez, they aren't winning a natty. We all know the NCAA is waiting to come down on Miami whenever they have a chance. This is a move to protect the future . Wouldn't be worth losing scholarships next year

ADAP

I just can't get my head around Coach L writing off this season for no good rreason by not playing Dewan Hernandez. Makes zero sense. As cyrez8 aptly said in another thread, "This team isn't going anywhere without DH."

This isn’t on Coach L. Jesus ******* Christ.

This isn’t on Coach L. Jesus ******* Christ.
You would have us believe that Coach L is a powerless person in the UM athletic hierarchy? That a HC of his stature doesn't scream to the high heavens over an administrator in the AD saying his key player (DH) has to sit for no reason???

If it's as you say -- all on the Compliance Officer and the CO has more power than the HC does - Coach L should be taking this to James' and Frenk's level. Maybe he has done that, but he sure is calm and collected in his pressers when questioned about the matter. Like he doesn't disagree with what's going on.

Advertisement
You would have us believe that Coach L is a powerless person in the UM athletic hierarchy? That a HC of his stature doesn't scream to the high heavens over an administrator in the AD saying his key player (DH) has to sit for no reason???

If it's as you say -- all on the Compliance Officer and the CO has more power than the HC does - Coach L should be taking this to James' and Frenk's level. Maybe he has done that, but he sure is calm and collected in his pressers when questioned about the matter. Like he doesn't disagree with what's going on.

This is one of the reasons I asked you the employee/employee question.

Let’s just say things at our school are very broken and have been this way for along time.

I have no idea what Coach L has done about this but he is the ONLY one with a brain in the athletic department.

*Missing a word

Last edited:
Advertisement
He needs to either hire a lawyer or leave school.
Makes you start to wonder why he hasn't gone the lawyer route? Maybe it's because he has been told to expect an NCAA clearance soon (or whatever it is UM is waiting for), or maybe he has sought counsel and was told he did not have a strong case.

Advertisement
Makes you start to wonder why he hasn't gone the lawyer route? Maybe it's because he has been told to expect an NCAA clearance soon (or whatever it is UM is waiting for), or maybe he has sought counsel and was told he did not have a strong case.

If he has been told to expect an NCAA clearance "soon", he was lied to.

If he does not have a strong case (i.e. he took bennies), he should leave school and turn pro.

When has “winning a natty” ever been a motivating factor for Canes hoops?

Does anyone really believe Miami is at fault for holding him out? Do you think maybe there's a good reason?

Advertisement
Back