Dewan Huell not playing tonight

I think it's about the administration valuing the school's reputation (whatever that even means with college sports these days) over the "student athletes."
I hate to say it but ... the longer this goes on, the "guiltier" (of something) he is made to look.

Advertisement
The crap part is that when DH is exonerated, it’s not like he can go back and replay the games he missed.

Same thing with the Gatto stuff, we got killed in recruiting last year due to all the noise and it’s impossible to be made whole.

No. The NCAA is not going to rush this given everything still going on with the DOJ.

This is a one time thing given it is a criminal matter too.
In other words, he could possibly miss the entire season? Or a major portion of it. At what point, do Dewan and UM say ***** it and go the red shirt route? Start again in 2019.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure. He'd probably be on the bench in the good Euro leagues. Think he might get more run here. Euro advantage is they can pay him something and no classwork.

I'm not so sure. He'd probably be on the bench in the good Euro leagues. Think he might get more run here. Euro advantage is they can pay him something and no classwork.

He also would never have to worry about the violations again. If he can't start on the euro league next year. 0 chance he would get drafted the following year.

If he comes back next year I would be shocked.

Positive outlook: If Coach L thought there was little to no chance Dewan would be allowed to play this season, I think ties would have already likely been cut. By either party. You could take as a good sign that both Hernandez and Coach L are hanging in there!

Advertisement
I continue to think that if he isn't reinstated by the start of conference play in January, he'll leave. And he should.

I continue to think that if he isn't reinstated by the start of conference play in January, he'll leave. And he should.
I'd definitely feel that way if I were him but, if he thinks it through, leave to go where/do what in mid-season? He may be boxed in. Might be more foolish to just up and leave.

I think he will leave regardless.

With that said, unless Dewan actually does something, I don’t see him coming back before ACC play.

Advertisement
I hate to say it but ... the longer this goes on, the "guiltier" (of something) he is made to look.

I don't think it means anything. DQJ missed a big chunk of his senior season due to review of eligibility before he threatened legal action and was reinstated with no punishment.

Advertisement
There is no question that this is his last amateur season.

The only exception I could see is he gets really hurt this year and he can’t go to any tryouts, camps or anything (overseas too). So he comes back to rehab and finish his senior year.

The only exception I could see is he gets really hurt this year and he can’t go to any tryouts, camps or anything (overseas too). So he comes back to rehab and finish his senior year.

Yeah, I don't think an injury would keep him around. Bruce Brown had a crappy season and was injured and still left. Huellnandez is a Bruce Brown caliber NBA prospect.

Advertisement
Back