Dewan Huell not playing tonight

I think the "turning over" is a formality of sorts. Once the trial is over the evidentiary material, and trial transcript, if not sealed, can be acquired by "interested parties". NCAA certainly is "interested".

There was nothing revealed that seems to implicate Coach L. But with Dewan it's more than "might". Those payment arrangements in detail do suggest someone in Dewan's circle, if not Dewan himself, was likely aware of some attempts at tomfoolery, and obvious didn't report it. Or worse.

Advertisement
I think the "turning over" is a formality of sorts. Once the trial is over the evidentiary material, and trial transcript, if not sealed, can be acquired by "interested parties". NCAA certainly is "interested".

There was nothing revealed that seems to implicate Coach L. But with Dewan it's more than "might". Those payment arrangements in detail do suggest someone in Dewan's circle, if not Dewan himself, was likely aware of some attempts at tomfoolery, and obvious didn't report it. Or worse.

Did you actually read anything as it pertains to Dewan?

Did you read anything that implicates Huellnandez beyond what is mentioned about the bunch of other players?

Did you read anything that implicates Huellnandez beyond what is mentioned about the bunch of other players?
Still haven't seen such "payment details" excerpted other than Dewan's "proposed"... although someone here said there was, but didn't source it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Show me something similar for one of the other guys. Until then Im done discussing, but thanks for the lively chat.
Captureaq.PNG

Show me something similar for one of the other guys. Until then Im done discussing, but thanks for the lively chat.
View attachment 69847

I think you're having a conversation with someone else in your head. You're not understanding or ignoring the questions asked.

So I repeat, what is the damning part as it pertains to Dewan? I will save you some time, read post #19 in this thread.

Advertisement
Is this a joke? Who the fvck is going to choose a school based on 500 per month. You can get more by hopping on food stamps. I was over here thinking they were talking about real bags.

It was $500 per month beginning in September, 2017. He was already going into his 2nd year by the time these payments were "scheduled" to begin.

It was $500 per month beginning in September, 2017. He was already going into his 2nd year by the time these payments were "scheduled" to begin.

LOL yup. That is why I am laughing. I heard about some players getting 250k and this guy recieved a whopping 7k. Hop on food stamps and ObamaCare and he will take home more than that. He could even get a no show job at the wellness center making minimum wage and he would make more than the 7k.

LOL yup. That is why I am laughing. I heard about some players getting 250k and this guy recieved a whopping 7k. Hop on food stamps and ObamaCare and he will take home more than that. He could even get a no show job at the wellness center making minimum wage and he would make more than the 7k.

But like I posted, the guy was arrested in September, 2017. His plan to make the payments clearly never came to be.

Advertisement
This is just about Dewan’s POV and not the team, per se. Here is what I don’t get, what is Dewan waiting for to act?

I think we can all agree that based on what we actually watched from Dewan that he isn’t NBA talent.

He needs to perform better this year and MAYBE he could get drafted or earn a tryout. Well, one way to get noticed is to put up numbers/stats.

If he was “dominating” inferior teams and putting up 17 PPG and 10 RPG, I think scouts would take notice even against inferior opponents (before ACC play). Each game Dewan misses is one less opportunity to demonstrate his skills; you never know who is watching.

So even if after ACC play 17 and 10 becomes 14 and 8, that isn’t bad at all.

In addition, all these inferior games offer Dewan an opportunity to boost his confidence and get ready for the real schedule.

I don’t believe Dewan will do anything himself (before ACC play) and I don’t think he will be cleared before ACC play.

I just don’t understand what he is waiting for to act. Does he not understand and see Lamar Peters and VJ king playing? My guess is he puts to much faith in our BS process from our school.

The only thing I can think of is that he actually took money somewhere along the way, and they need to sort out how much time he needs to miss. If he's sitting around waiting to be cleared and he never did anything wrong, it makes zero sense.

The only thing I can think of is that he actually took money somewhere along the way, and they need to sort out how much time he needs to miss. If he's sitting around waiting to be cleared and he never did anything wrong, it makes zero sense.

Wouldn’t they present this evidence at trial?

There was no evidence of any payments at trial.

Advertisement
Back