DeVonta Smith

He's still only 22. Dudes mature physically at different stages. He's had 4 years in a great S&C program but with an NFL contract and the money to hire nutritionists, chefs, personal trainers, etc., I think he can put on an easy 10-15+ if he wants to. He's a 6'0 guy so he has the frame to add some weight w/o sacrificing any speed, agility, etc.

Advertisement
No way on earth is he going to get to 180. He is skinny as a toothpick. Great player but will he dominate in the NFL like he did at Bama surrounded by other 1st-2nd round NFL caliber receivers?... doubt it.

He will be better than anyone but Chase IMO. He has plus hands, plus speed and is a superb route runner. He is an NFL teams dream and will ball out IMO. As a WR he is light years ahead of Waddle
His 2019 stats of 1250 yards and 14 TDs on a team with Judy, Riggs and Waddle?? Thats a real knock on him, lol
Im not that high on waddle either. I got ElijahMoore as a better wr

Off the top of my head

Our very own Tyrique Stevenson, Eric Stokes, Derek Stingley, Marco Wilson, 5-star Jaylon Jones...in 2019 Jaycee Horn. He ate Tyson Campbell up all game in the Georgia game when Campbell was covering him. Shaun Wade, obv. (he'll be drafted and make a team). Noah Igbinoghene (who Smith also says was the best corner he's ever played against FWIW - but had 9 catches for 150 yards and a TD against him). Might be more, but a few first rounders, some five stars, future NFL players in there.

Not quite AJ Terrell, Pat Surtain, Trevon Diggs, CJ Henderson among others like Ja'Marr Chase, but its very good.
I know the td he scored on Stevenson was a schemed open play.

He **** sure did Stingley and Stokes.

The Noah dude is a bum that plays for my dolphins, Marco Wilson is a borderline nfl player.

Shaun Wade i loved that guy...he seem like he cared less this year and got worked. If he did Jaycee Horn i like it ...cause that dude is the goods

He's still only 22. Dudes mature physically at different stages. He's had 4 years in a great S&C program but with an NFL contract and the money to hire nutritionists, chefs, personal trainers, etc., I think he can put on an easy 10-15+ if he wants to. He's a 6'0 guy so he has the frame to add some weight w/o sacrificing any speed, agility, etc.
Bro Bama has all that and better facilities than multiple nfl franchises. Hes a top out 170pd guy imo thats just his frame

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree. That should ding his value a bit but not outside of the 10-15 range. As you long as you have him in the slot or motioned into stacks and bunches he's a major weapon. His size only hurts him in the red zone if you're not using him with jet motion, orbit motion and reverse motion like Sark routinely did.

A team like the Lions that has Tyrell Williams as their #2 and Quintez Cephus as their #3...with a coaching staff that believes in varying formations and personnel putting players in best positions to succeed (Saints/Sean Payton model)...yeah they should be trading back and taking Smith, probably at pick 13 with the Chargers moving up for a Tackle.

As for size I think he'll bulk up to 175-180 before the season but play in the 170-175 range.
Thats all i was saying.

He'll be dynamite doing that . But if you think he will just walk in as a #1 wr in a simple pro style offense he wont perform to the abilities. Watching alot of his highlights from 2020....my man is making catches with 3 yards of seperation on guys...he also is great with the orbit motion.

If not able to move him around like that...he would end up Ted Ginn from the Dolphins

Advertisement
Smith has 10-inch hands and was tough enough to play gunner for Saban. I think he'll be fine. Isaac Bruce is a good comparison.

I think Chase will be gone. If Pitts is gone IMO we need to go tackle or trade down if we can. Smith at 9? Will take it with additional picks we got for trading down but I just think there are WR available like Bateman, Moore, Toney, Purdue guy later on for better value. We have Parker and Fuller so by setting up our line for 10 years wouldn't be all that bad, especially if we grab a stud RB.

Depending on what we get using DEN as trade partner example...Maybe use a little of what is gained to trade up from 18 for Parsons or another impact player.

People keep bringing up Desean Jackson and Marquise Brown, but those dudes are four inches shorter than Smith. how many 6’+ players have had success in the league at that weight?

Advertisement
Don’t recall about an official visit but do know he was here unofficially when we played Norrth Carolina.

he was supposed to come for an OV last weekend before NSD and didnt come bc of a basketball game conflict (we all know the real reason)

Advertisement
Back