DeVonta Smith

Advertisement
The odds are Atlanta takes Pitts and Cincy takes Chase. Line movement is also screaming that Waddle would be Miami’s Target if that happens, not Smith. Still time for these to move more, but that’s what I’m seeing now.

FD769549-56BC-497F-ACB5-9507A1A9E07F.png

No way on earth is he going to get to 180. He is skinny as a toothpick. Great player but will he dominate in the NFL like he did at Bama surrounded by other 1st-2nd round NFL caliber receivers?... doubt it.
He was a one man show last season, not sure what you are talking about? Every team schemed to stop him and he flat out dominated the SEC and the Final 4.

Advertisement
I actually hate comparing wr’s because they need things other than just their talent. Chase has Burrows, one of the best young qbs in the league and Devonta has Jalen garbage truck juice Hurts as his…I think that may have something to do with the results you see so far.

Advertisement
So how much credit does Joe Brady get for having maybe the most talented QB combined with top 2 WRs in college history?

Jefferson and Chase are insane

Waddle has 99 catches/998 yards/5 TD/10 YPC

Smith has 61 catches/875 yards/5 TD's/14.5 YPC

I thought before draft and still so Smith is the better WR.
This is a very valid question, but I still tend to believe Brady had a monumental impact when you compare those 2019 numbers with 2018, basically had the same offensive weapons as well. Offense only averaged 228 ypg through the air, even with Burrow, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall, Foster Moreau (Raiders TE rn), etc.

Advertisement
Marketshare numbers for top WRs/TEs in the class... %yards / %TDs

Chase - 31% / 38%
Smith - 26% / 28%
Waddle - 26% / 25%
St. Brown - 23% / 20%
Pitts - 27% / 5%
Friermouth - 12% / 32%

So how much credit does Joe Brady get for having maybe the most talented QB combined with top 2 WRs in college history?

Jefferson and Chase are insane

Waddle has 99 catches/998 yards/5 TD/10 YPC

Smith has 61 catches/875 yards/5 TD's/14.5 YPC

I thought before draft and still so Smith is the better WR.

The real question is...does Joe Brady get any credit to the performance of the actual WR's, considering he was the WR coach?

Advertisement
Waddle has that exceptional short speed and in the NFL that means a lot. Smith still gonna be a great WR IMO.

Don't get me wrong Smith is a solid player and will have a good long career, but I just laughed my *** off at people clamoring to take him top 5.

I think a big difference for D Smith is that he had those numbers with Hurts throwing to him. Same with Waddle, a season of Tua and Brissett just isn’t Burrow or Cousins, and Cousins isn’t great but currently still better than those guys.

Advertisement
Back