DeVonta Smith

I was just saying they came in and established themselves quickly so coming from Bama wasn’t a problem. Would you take Chase at 3
Oh ok gotcha. Touche.

I'm not taking Chase at 3. I don't see the elite tangibles in him that past top 5 picks have had. Top 10-12 talent nonetheless. His 40 is going to very important. If there was a way to combine Chase's high-pointing and fighting for the ball with Smith's elusiveness and route-running, I'd choose that receiver at 3.

Advertisement
You need the one elite and some guys that compliment that elite WR.

Let me put it to you this way, BOTH John Brown AND Cole Beasley are better than ANYTHING on the Dolphins roster.
I'm not just talking about the Dolphins. Clearly they have better weapons than Miami but it would be hard to even rank the Bills in the top 20 of offensive skill position talent. Two average at best backs and one good WR. There are none playoff teams with more weapons. Diggs wasn't even the best WR on his own team last year. Jefferson as a rookie put up better numbers as the #2 than he ever did in Minny. Diggs benefited more having Allen than the other way around.

Yup. He's still a top 10 receiver but that injury kinda stained his reputation while the younger guys like Ridley, McLaurin, Brown, and Metcalf exploded this year.
I'm taking Thomas all day over Diggs. Odell when healthy. I'm taking Metcalf as well. Ridley and Diggs are on the same level, IMO. Both very good.

Advertisement
I'm taking Thomas all day over Diggs. Odell when healthy. I'm taking Metcalf as well. Ridley and Diggs are on the same level, IMO. Both very good.
A healthy Thomas for sure but Josh Allen allowed us to see how good Diggs really is with a good QB. Metcalf drops too many balls to be in that top receiver discussion. Odell is a shell of himself even before the injury. Ridley isn't quite there yet but he's on his way.

I'm not just talking about the Dolphins. Clearly they have better weapons than Miami but it would be hard to even rank the Bills in the top 20 of offensive skill position talent. Two average at best backs and one good WR. There are none playoff teams with more weapons. Diggs wasn't even the best WR on his own team last year. Jefferson as a rookie put up better numbers as the #2 than he ever did in Minny. Diggs benefited more having Allen than the other way around.

This is a Phins thread, I'm only talking about and only care about the Phins. What helps the Phins the most, as both an offense and an organization, is to take the most dominant offensive weapon at #3 that will IMMEDIATELY improve Tua's chances of success.

He's your #1 asset and suppose to be what you're building around. The O line can always be better but the fact of the matter is they improved this season, meanwhile we are completely DEVOID of skill position playmaking talent.

It's need #1, #2, and probably #3. Not just because of the depth chart at receiver, but because of what it could mean to your #1 assets growth potential.

For the college football historians....

Is Smith having the best season you have ever seen?
RECYDSAVGTDLNGATTYDSAVGTDLNGFUMLST

He had quite the year. 84 was for Chase in 2019 and if you can believe it Jefferson I think had over 100 catches. LSU spread it around a bit more.

Smith had most the targets as second wideout had like 50 catches and Waddle was hurt. Can look at it like Smith had defenses focus on him and he still did it or he had no competition for targets.

He was incredible though and fun to watch.

Smith numbers are better Chase plus he played 2 fewer games & a 10 game conference schedule. 24 total TD's (with punt return) vs 20 for chase. 1,856 yards vs 1,780. Smith number would be well over 2,000 yards & 28-30 TD's if he had the same amount of games as Chase.
One way to think of it.

How about his season factoring in Jefferson had over 100 catches? Smith didn't have to share.

Advertisement
One way to think of it.

How about his season factoring in Jefferson had over 100 catches? Smith didn't have to share.
Smith did play with a future 1st rounder in Waddle for 5 games, likely reducing his yards in those games. This also could be viewed as impressive that he played the majority of the season as the main option after Waddles injury, while still producing. Chase had Justin Jefferson & Terrace Marshall Jr. giving him more 1 on 1 coverage.

This is a Phins thread, I'm only talking about and only care about the Phins. What helps the Phins the most, as both an offense and an organization, is to take the most dominant offensive weapon at #3 that will IMMEDIATELY improve Tua's chances of success.

He's your #1 asset and suppose to be what you're building around. The O line can always be better but the fact of the matter is they improved this season, meanwhile we are completely DEVOID of skill position playmaking talent.

It's need #1, #2, and probably #3. Not just because of the depth chart at receiver, but because of what it could mean to your #1 assets growth potential.
I was torn about getting that LT from Oregon but playmakers. Tua has a quick release and hopefully the oline gets better with more playmakers.

Shoot I might be ok with taking another receiver at 18 or in the second round if he can take the top off the defense (assuming Harris isn’t there at 18) or free agent receiver. Parker is a number 2 at best.

Smith is on a team full of high level recruits with the best offensive staff money can buy

Put Calvin johnson, Andre, Wayne, etc on the same team and see what they can put up
Calvin Johnson makes sense. But putting Wayne and Andre in there makes none at all given they were both on some of the best rosters in cfb history.

This right here. Didn't get the recognition like the Texas Tech qb's during that time, but he was man among boys. Completely dominated. Most of their games weren't on T, but a few were. I remember thinking, who the heck is this guy? He wasn't more physically imposing or faster than most receivers, he just caught everything thrown his way.
I remember catching the end of that famous game versus Texas and couldn’t believe that sideline catch to win the game.

Advertisement
Smith will put on some weight in the pros, maybe get to 185 lbs like Marvin Harrison was. I’d be happy if Miami took him 3rd. But I’d also be happy with Sewell 3rd, too. But if they go Sewell (if the Jets don’t take him), you better **** well sign a FA WR and draft another maybe 18th because that WR corp is injury prone and sorry. They need some weapons.

Been watching cfb religiously for 33 years or so. Only Randy Moss was better imho.

Smith has gotten so much better. He got bullied at some national camps in high school. He's worked himself into an all-timer. I'm not worried about his frame in the pros because he has strong hands.

Off-topic, but Metchie is one of the best blocking receivers I've ever seen.
Yeah, that kid isn't afraid to get physical. That hit he put on Dean was something else.

Advertisement
Tutu Atwell 149 lbs LOL

Would still love to see miami take him

Ahem, he weighed 155 at his pro day. He probably loaded up to get to that weight. Lulz

166 for smith just sent him to the bottom of the first? Last sub-180/170 pound WR taken in the first?

Advertisement
Back