DeVonta Smith

lol...Jamar Chase is better..my guess is Dolphins take Sewell or Chase...also, Falcons could trade up one spot if they want one of Wilson or Fields.

Dolphins in a great spot regardless.

I'm fine with either Chase or Smith. But to act like Chase is somehow "clearly" better is just dumb.

If anything, they are pretty equal prospects. I tend to like Smith better. He looks like the rare elite WR who is not only good, but won't be a diva and has a good head on his shoulders.

#3 HAS to be a WR. Period.

Advertisement
Fitz was amazing. It took Rolle and Taylor combined to make him not look like Superman.

no love for the late great Charles Rogers. He was pretty spectacular in college.

Devonta for sure had a good year. What concerns me is the transition from a highly-schemed offense at Bama to an NFL offense in which things aren't going to be as open; look at Tua now. His frame doesn't worry me much.

I personally wouldn't take him at #3. Both Chase and Smith are good players, but I wouldn't say they're "cant miss generational" talent . Julio and Amari were better prospects and were drafted respectfully in the top 10; go and look at Amari's highlights at Bama then Devonta's. If it were up to me, I'd trade down to 8 or 10 and select Waddle.

😔
1610481397609.png

Advertisement
Nope Michael Crabtree’s freshman year was better
This right here. Didn't get the recognition like the Texas Tech qb's during that time, but he was man among boys. Completely dominated. Most of their games weren't on T, but a few were. I remember thinking, who the heck is this guy? He wasn't more physically imposing or faster than most receivers, he just caught everything thrown his way.

Just re-watched his 2020 highlights, which includes this year's Natty and not one body catch. All hands. Smith's hands are crazy elite. Especially in traffic. Who was the last receiver we had that was this consistent with their hands?

Wiggins is consistently awful with his hands

does that count

If he was throwing only to Diggs you might have a point.

I most definitely have a point because even when he WASN'T throwing to Diggs, the effect of having Diggs on the field and what it forces the opposing defense to compensate for, are still in play and make all the other reads easier.

So yeah, my point stands. The impact an elite WR can have on an offense is profound. Combine that with the fact Smith isn't your typical diva type personality and he's even more attractive at #3.

Advertisement
Devonta for sure had a good year. What concerns me is the transition from a highly-schemed offense at Bama to an NFL offense in which things aren't going to be as open; look at Tua now. His frame doesn't worry me much.

I personally wouldn't take him at #3. Both Chase and Smith are good players, but I wouldn't say they're "cant miss generational" talent . Julio and Amari were better prospects and were drafted respectfully in the top 10; go and look at Amari's highlights at Bama then Devonta's. If it were up to me, I'd trade down to 8 or 10 and select Waddle.
Ridley seems to be doing ok and Juedy had a decent year

It's funny how a guys accuracy can get better quickly with elite weapons around him. It's a phenomenon that just accidently happens a lot in football.
You haven't watched Josh Allen if you think Diggs is what turned him around. He improved his mechanics and footwork more than any QB I've seen in a one year period. That's hard work not just adding Diggs. Diggs was good in Minnesota but he wasn't even the best WR on that team. Also let's not act like Watson wasn't throwing to a top 3 WR in Hopkins his whole career until this year and even this year he had Cooks whose posted over 1k on 4 different teams during his career. Both studs with bright futures. They are the best two young QBs after Mahomes.

You haven't watched Josh Allen if you think Diggs is what turned him around. He improved his mechanics and footwork more than any QB I've seen in a one year period. That's hard work not just adding Diggs. Diggs was good in Minnesota but he wasn't even the best WR on that team. Also let's not act like Watson wasn't throwing to a top 3 WR in Hopkins his whole career until this year and even this year he had Cooks whose posted over 1k on 4 different teams during his career. Both studs with bright futures. They are the best two young QBs after Mahomes.

It's funny how a guys MECHANICS get better quickly with elite weapons around him. It's a phenomenon that just accidently happens a lot in football.

Advertisement
Ridley seems to be doing ok and Juedy had a decent year
Ridley was the 26th pick and Jeudy was 15th. One could argue that Ridley and Jeudy were better prospects as well. If teams didn't take a chance on them until the mid-teens why would a team suddenly pick Devonta at #3? I'd only make that pick if his game drastically improved from year-to-year, but his game has basically been the same since his sophomore year. I like the Devonta, just not at #3.

Advertisement
Ridley was the 26th pick and Jeudy was 15th. One could argue that Ridley and Jeudy were better prospects as well. If teams didn't take a chance on them until the mid-teens why would a team suddenly pick Devonta at #3? I'd only make that pick if his game drastically improved from year-to-year, but his game has basically been the same since his sophomore year. I like the Devonta, just not at #3.
I was just saying they came in and established themselves quickly so coming from Bama wasn’t a problem. Would you take Chase at 3

Advertisement
Back