Devonta Smith visited FSU the last couple days

Advertisement
If Brooklyndee is wrong on this he's going to get roasted.

**** anyone who even tries to pull that ****. This is recruiting. Anything can change at any given time, for better or worse. Brooklyn has been nothing but money and generous with his information. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I'm not saying that I'll roast him.

I've appreciated his input.

With that being said, you know his *** is gonna get roasted by some recruiting lightweights on here.

It just is what it is bruh. My life ain't gonna be affected one way or the other by a group of strangers. I come on here & try to bring light to what I grew up in through a forum we can easily express ourselves through. I grew up a cane & that ain't never gonna change for me. I get what you saying 100% but to me that's simply an indictment on those individuals. It just is what it is.

**** anyone who even tries to pull that ****. This is recruiting. Anything can change at any given time, for better or worse. Brooklyn has been nothing but money and generous with his information. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

With that being said, you know his *** is gonna get roasted by some recruiting lightweights on here.

It just is what it is bruh. My life ain't gonna be affected one way or the other by a group of strangers. I come on here & try to bring light to what I grew up in through a forum we can easily express ourselves through. I grew up a cane & that ain't never gonna change for me. I get what you saying 100% but to me that's simply an indictment on those individuals. It just is what it is.

Unacceptable. If Smith isn't on campus catching balls and b****es next year you will stand trial for your transgressions. Face the CIS Inquisition.

inquisition.jpg

For the record, the same goes for Pete, D$, Tweed, Lu, etc.

Advertisement

JMG is correct as to how the board will react. Glad you DGAF, there's too much time to kill before the season starts for me to be without Canes info.

i would be surprised if ford even visited.

Me too. That's why I asked about Pouncey. He put them both in the same category as guys off the board it looks like meanwhile Dugans flew from Illinois to see him yesterday.

Here's what yall gotta understand. Previously (ever since coker)wed get vexed with our staff cause wed put all our eggs in one basket than if things didn't go our way wed be stuck with our **** in our hands & no legit back u plan. Well as I've told yall this staff knows what they doing. Pouncey we still gotta talk to but only way he's coming is if we miss on Smith or Thomas who we both feel good about
Thomas is actually the iffy one out of those two due to an academic situation that were going over his transcripts now about. Chess not checkers.

This is what has everyone so shook. So many signing day flops. I was friends with a member on the Canes staff during the Al Golden coaching days. In 2013...we got burnt so bad it soured me on recruiting for a while. I still have the message saved. They "felt good" about so many players that we didn't get it wasn't funny. Here was the message...so positive just a week or 2 before signing day (I will leave alot out but the relevant details are here and I added comments in red):

"AQM is an excellent addition...we need dominant pass rushers and with him and Bond already in the boat. Timmy is icing. Tim will commit to us on his visit which is the weekend of the 18th. However the chances are we won't make that public so we don't have to deal with Bama or FSU trying to steal him...basically fend off the attack with silence. Matt Thomas is scheduled to announce on ESPN on signing day its looking good for us especially since FSU has lost 6 coaches this off season. Denver Kirkland is good but if he weren't MTs teammate probably would not be getting as much attention from us. We have 13 commits right now and we are only signing 20 so we have 7 spots.

Jermaine Grace - LB - Done Deal
Alex Collins - RB - Loves the attention of recruiting but will be a Cane (whiff)
Matt Thomas - LB - Cane (whiff)
Tim Williams - LB - Has done everything but say the words (whiff...I think he committed to Bama the next day LOL)
Rashard Robinson - DB - Closing in he wants to come here but mom got paid by LSU already so we are trying to fight that off (whiff)
Jaynard Bostwick - DT - Stud hes a Cane (whiff)
Stacy Coley - WR - Different kid but we're the only place hes visited
Keith Bryant - DT - Immature couple years away from making an impact if we lose him we are ok with it not the end of the world as some may think (whiff)
Denver Kirkland - OL - Like I said if he helps get MT6 we will take him (whiff)
Marcus Hardison - Juco DT - Gonna be a dude but got on him late still got work to do on him (whiff)"

These are kids...they will tell one staff something and do the complete opposite. Keep that in mind Dee...however I'm fully aware that Richt and his crew aren't the amateurs that Golden was. I'm cautiously optimistic that thing are turning around in recruiting.

And why are you bringing these kids up? God there were a lot of trolls in that class and a lot of weird recruitments
Just like Harley, Holloman, Henderson, and Edwards in this current class.

Last edited:
I am just extremely happy to know that we still have a chance with Herbert. I really hope CMR and staff pull out all stops and try and get him onboard for a visit at least. We need them big uglies on the OL and DL to make a 'ship run. Thanks for the hope that we still have a chance with Herbert, B'dee.

Advertisement
I am just extremely happy to know that we still have a chance with Herbert. I really hope CMR and staff pull out all stops and try and get him onboard for a visit at least. We need them big uglies on the OL and DL to make a 'ship run. Thanks for the hope that we still have a chance with Herbert, B'dee.

DL is looking real good but it is incredibly crucial we fix the OL. Until then nothing else matters.

Here's what yall gotta understand. Previously (ever since coker)wed get vexed with our staff cause wed put all our eggs in one basket than if things didn't go our way wed be stuck with our **** in our hands & no legit back u plan. Well as I've told yall this staff knows what they doing. Pouncey we still gotta talk to but only way he's coming is if we miss on Smith or Thomas who we both feel good about
Thomas is actually the iffy one out of those two due to an academic situation that were going over his transcripts now about. Chess not checkers.

This is what has everyone so shook. So many signing day flops. I was friends with a member on the Canes staff during the Al Golden coaching days. In 2013...we got burnt so bad it soured me on recruiting for a while. I still have the message saved. They "felt good" about so many players that we didn't get it wasn't funny. Here was the message...so positive just a week or 2 before signing day (I will leave alot out but the relevant details are here and I added comments in red):

"AQM is an excellent addition...we need dominant pass rushers and with him and Bond already in the boat. Timmy is icing. Tim will commit to us on his visit which is the weekend of the 18th. However the chances are we won't make that public so we don't have to deal with Bama or FSU trying to steal him...basically fend off the attack with silence. Matt Thomas is scheduled to announce on ESPN on signing day its looking good for us especially since FSU has lost 6 coaches this off season. Denver Kirkland is good but if he weren't MTs teammate probably would not be getting as much attention from us. We have 13 commits right now and we are only signing 20 so we have 7 spots.

Alex Collins - RB - Loves the attention of recruiting but will be a Cane (whiff)
Tim Williams - LB - Has done everything but say the words (whiff...I think he committed to Bama the next day LOL)
Rashard Robinson - DB - Closing in he wants to come here but mom got paid by LSU already so we are trying to fight that off (whiff)
Keith Bryant - DT - Immature couple years away from making an impact if we lose him we are ok with it not the end of the world as some may think (whiff)
Marcus Hardison - Juco DT - Gonna be a dude but got on him late still got work to do on him (whiff)"

These are kids...they will tell one staff something and do the complete opposite. Keep that in mind Dee...however I'm fully aware that Richt and his crew aren't the amateurs that Golden was. I'm cautiously optimistic that thing are turning around in recruiting.

And why are you bringing these kids up? God there were a lot of trolls in that class and a lot of weird recruitments

He's bringing this up because that staff was confident on these players, the same way that dee is confident on the guys in this class. I think dude is just cautioning us on how these things can play out.

This is where common sense comes into play again. Regardless of me calling bull**** on that post the message is still the same. If any of yall thinks things can't just simply change overnight for any of these kids than you're just dillusional. As I've said from the beginning until the fax machine goes off with that nli than everything between is simply prearranged entertainment for the fans sake. It's all irrelevant if a signature don't come with it.

Ive been saying that since my first days on the site

I'm happy that you think that way.

I was worried if what you claimed was wrong and a bunch of CIS kooks got on your case about it, that you'd be discouraged to let us know of anything you knew in the future.

Glad to hear that's not the case.

People were getting on Tweed's case after the Jeudy debacle and he seemed like he was ****ed that people were getting on his but the vast majority of us appreciated him letting us know what was happening in private.

Me too. That's why I asked about Pouncey. He put them both in the same category as guys off the board it looks like meanwhile Dugans flew from Illinois to see him yesterday.

Those kids werent trolling and arent trolling yall just think they are because they arent committed here

Advertisement

Those kids werent trolling and arent trolling yall just think they are because they arent committed here
I didn't say they were all trolling. But you cannot deny that they are all "weird recruitments" per the bolded part of the QP. With that said, Harley is 100% trolling. What else would you call committing to a school (WVU), calling the bowl game between the two schools pursuing you "the Harley Bowl", shutting down your recruitment, then visiting another school (UM), telling people you're still committed to WVU, and then announcing that you are going to be making your decision on NSD despite never decommitting from your original commitment? That's some quality trolling.

i would be surprised if ford even visited.

I'm not gonna say much on that because I was friends with a couple people on that staff too. Very good friends with two people & had a unique friendship with a third. I only say that cause I knew contrary to a few people on there. For instance ***** we stopped recruiting him with a month to go. Only let him come to campus as a courtesy to his high school. Another is once the whole debacle with Denver happened we started getting hints from mt6 people that he wasn't solid with his commitment anymore (he had been a silent for 3 months)we were told a week out he was going to bama. Collins had his entire family taking payoffs from 4 different schools. His mother was the only one still in our corner because she would be getting a job at a high end Realtors. My last thing other than I've never seen a coach go into all that detail with someone not directly related atleast to the program but hey they were unique.Again this staff ain't them & I know what goes through recruits minds. I grew up in this (literally)my God father's are Burgess Owens & Ted Hendricks. None of this is new to me.

This can't be the case because some ******* idiot told me that this isn't how Miami boosters operated...

Thanks for the insight dee, always appreciated.

Advertisement
Out of what u listed as not coming 1 already is & another is likely.

what?

Harley comin, Smith likely comin... if I'm understanding it correctly.

He said out of what he listed as not coming which is referring to Paris Ford, Herbert, and Harley.
Harley is clearly the guy thats already coming. Not sure about which of the other two is more likely.

I think Herbert is likely. The gators OL coach leaving helps us

I didn't even consider that. Great point assuming he isn't a take at or considering Michigan.

This doesn't feel like 2013. It legitimately feels like we are going to close strong for the first time in forever.

Advertisement
Back