Devonta Smith visited FSU the last couple days

Until Smith himself does a detailed interview I'm not even going to guess how he's thinking. Kids who are this quiet can easily shock you

I'm the same way as well on this. I have no idea what this kid's thinking. A kid of his caliber being quiet is a rare thing in today's recruiting world as he doesn't lead you to believe anyone's the leader. He was supposed to commit to Bama in August until the floods happened in Louisiana, so why hasn't he committed to them since?

I'm not saying Miami's the leader. But there's a chance, albeit a small one.

Advertisement
That dude going to bama. Was commited to richt but he says his best relationship is with bama staff. Thats the 2nd interview he has sad it.

He didn't say that this interview. The writer stated that he has said that in a pasti nterview specifically speaking the one when arrived at the army game

O i got you. But still seems like its bama.

That dude going to bama. Was commited to richt but he says his best relationship is with bama staff. Thats the 2nd interview he has sad it.

He didn't say that this interview. The writer stated that he has said that in a pasti nterview specifically speaking the one when arrived at the army game

O i got you. But still seems like its bama.

True, we will see. He's a quiet and extremely smart kid, wouldn't be surprised either way

From lsu 247 website today...
Hmm about lsu trailing Miami after an official there already

**** WR Devonta Smith – Alabama

Skinny: Smith is fresh off his official to LSU and Florida State with Miami on tap for next weekend. Dameyune Craig has given Smith something to consider, but the feeling here and with nearly all our sources, remains that Alabama is the leader with LSU also trailing Miami. FSU is in the mix, but unless something goes sideways this weekend in Tuscaloosa, expect the Crimson Tide to increase their lead.

Advertisement
From lsu 247 website today...
Hmm about lsu trailing Miami after an official there already

**** WR Devonta Smith – Alabama

Skinny: Smith is fresh off his official to LSU and Florida State with Miami on tap for next weekend. Dameyune Craig has given Smith something to consider, but the feeling here and with nearly all our sources, remains that Alabama is the leader with LSU also trailing Miami. FSU is in the mix, but unless something goes sideways this weekend in Tuscaloosa, expect the Crimson Tide to increase their lead.

If he make the trip I'm confident he don't you know the rest

Yes.

It will be Miami or BAMA.

He has never liked LSU and they have not changed the coaching staff.

He is a quiet, smart religious kid.

BAMA is so loaded at WR that is may be tough for Devonta to pull that trigger.

Richt is going for the hard sale close on the final week with Nkosi Perry and Deejay Dallas.

This is DeeJay's ace.

LOL at the gurus just repeating the same **** over and over on Smith. Yet they never have any quotes or substance.

It's become accepted urban legend that he's going to Alabaga and that we will finish second. The entire theory revolves around the idea that Alabaga gets whoever they want and that Smith's connection Petito now works at Alabaga.

It's a pretty sound theory, but it's merely guesswork reading tea leaves.

Advertisement
Don't try to guess the ace. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no ace.

Pretty simple.

Alabama is emotional choice. Always wins, has friends on team, pipeline to NFL, etc.

Miami is the rational choice. Richt offense and influence, early playing time, etc.

Anyone who understands persuasion knows emotional choices almost always win. Hopefully we can persuade his emotion.

Advertisement
Pretty simple.

Alabama is emotional choice. Always wins, has friends on team, pipeline to NFL, etc.

Miami is the rational choice. Richt offense and influence, early playing time, etc.

Anyone who understands persuasion knows emotional choices almost always win. Hopefully we can persuade his emotion.

An 18 year old kid has no idea what "rational" even means...

Advertisement
When is everybody going to realize that Deejay has no Ace?

While this is the rational conclusion, I actually think it's Smith -- and I've got a nice little theory on why.

The assumption for forever was that the "Ace" was DeMatha stud running back Anthony Macfarland. Why? Because Macfarland was the safest bet. He's an elite offensive player who probably was coming to Miami as soon as hired Richt and Brown were hired. So the logical pick for most of the year was Macfarland.

However, if we consider the little observed reality that both Deejay and Smith were committed to UGA at the same time and seem to have some sort of relationship, coupled with rumors that Smith has actually been a silent to UM for a long time, the Ace being Devonta Smith doesn't seem far fetched at all.

But what does it all mean? Interestingly enough, if you slow down the HLs of Deejay's recently released MaxPreps highlight tape, you can allegedly see Smith in the background -- holding two tickets to the Miami International Boat Show. (Link below, look closely at :11 and 2:03 marks. Squint very hard. He's there.)

But what does that mean? Well the MIBS runs from February 16th-20th (Miami International Boat Show Official Site | Miami, FL) -- more than 10 days after National Signing Day. Seems like that might be important, right? But wait -- Devonta won't be enrolled then, so he likely isn't going to the MIBS. If that's the case, then whose tickets is he holding on the sidelines?

You're probably asking: But what does that mean? Here's where it gets interesting. Stay with me. When Mark Richt jumped off the high dive last summer (video linked below), rumors were in the water almost immediately that the new Head Coach of Miami had never been to a boat show. Those rumors were not entirely true however, as Richt HAD been to a boat show before -- but not since he was 18 years old. What big time WR recruit is also 18 years old? You guessed it: Devonta Smith.

But what does that mean? Nothing, right? Guess again, hombres. What is the opposite of a boat? An airplane. Let's say Devonta Smith is not a plane, but rather the one who moves the plane: well then we'd call him a pilot. And what is the best pilot of his class called? The one who is sought after by the enemy and poses the biggest threat to them?

The Ace.

But what does that mean?

Means it's Friday and I'm riding out the clock just like you.

EXHIBIT A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WbgPWomJ4E

EXHIBIT B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb-XjgvDEik

While this is the rational conclusion, I actually think it's Smith -- and I've got a nice little theory on why.

The assumption for forever was that the "Ace" was DeMatha stud running back Anthony Macfarland. Why? Because Macfarland was the safest bet. He's an elite offensive player who probably was coming to Miami as soon as hired Richt and Brown were hired. So the logical pick for most of the year was Macfarland.

However, if we consider the little observed reality that both Deejay and Smith were committed to UGA at the same time and seem to have some sort of relationship, coupled with rumors that Smith has actually been a silent to UM for a long time, the Ace being Devonta Smith doesn't seem far fetched at all.

But what does it all mean? Interestingly enough, if you slow down the HLs of Deejay's recently released MaxPreps highlight tape, you can allegedly see Smith in the background -- holding two tickets to the Miami International Boat Show. (Link below, look closely at :11 and 2:03 marks. Squint very hard. He's there.)

But what does that mean? Well the MIBS runs from February 16th-20th (Miami International Boat Show Official Site | Miami, FL) -- more than 10 days after National Signing Day. Seems like that might be important, right? But wait -- Devonta won't be enrolled then, so he likely isn't going to the MIBS. If that's the case, then whose tickets is he holding on the sidelines?

You're probably asking: But what does that mean? Here's where it gets interesting. Stay with me. When Mark Richt jumped off the high dive last summer (video linked below), rumors were in the water almost immediately that the new Head Coach of Miami had never been to a boat show. Those rumors were not entirely true however, as Richt HAD been to a boat show before -- but not since he was 18 years old. What big time WR recruit is also 18 years old? You guessed it: Devonta Smith.

But what does that mean? Nothing, right? Guess again, hombres. What is the opposite of a boat? An airplane. Let's say Devonta Smith is not a plane, but rather the one who moves the plane: well then we'd call him a pilot. And what is the best pilot of his class called? The one who is sought after by the enemy and poses the biggest threat to them?

The Ace.

But what does that mean?

EXHIBIT A

EXHIBIT B
Greatest post in the history of this website

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

The Ace.

But what does that mean?

EXHIBIT A

EXHIBIT B

So he's comin?

Percentages?

How legit are these sauces ?

So he's comin?

Percentages?

How legit are these sauces ?

Depends. Source 1 wasn't sure Smith actually had a pilot's license. He says it's 50-50 between UM and Air Force.

Source Z says he's already enrolled. Has been for about a week now.

Equals 75% in my book.

Advertisement
Back