WR:
Harley, Thomas, Smith, Pouncey, Njoku

RB:
McFarland

OL:
Herbert

DB/S
Dean, Edwards, Henderson, Paris

This class, to go w 16, will set us up for a title in 19.

That's my wish list or something close to it. Ppl keep getting on Harley, but we need elite speed. I like Cager as our possession WR. And I think Mullins is going to be a beast, but we need the machine to keep churning. We need to see what K Winslow used to say: "This the U, we don't rebuild, we reload." We can't keep waiting for next year's class, we gotta finish strong this year so that we can solidify next year's class and so on.

Paris, Harley, and Herbert ain't comin. The rest we could land.

I'd be stoked with JT, Pouncey, McFarland, Dean, and Edwards

Smith and Henderson would be cherry on top.

Out of what u listed as not coming 1 already is & another is likely.

what?

Harley comin, Smith likely comin... if I'm understanding it correctly.

He said out of what he listed as not coming which is referring to Paris Ford, Herbert, and Harley.
Harley is clearly the guy thats already coming. Not sure about which of the other two is more likely.

Advertisement
What about Pouncey? You've made your thoughts on his ability clear but Dugans visited him just hours ago.

i would be surprised if ford even visited.

Me too. That's why I asked about Pouncey. He put them both in the same category as guys off the board it looks like meanwhile Dugans flew from Illinois to see him yesterday.

Here's what yall gotta understand. Previously (ever since coker)wed get vexed with our staff cause wed put all our eggs in one basket than if things didn't go our way wed be stuck with our **** in our hands & no legit back u plan. Well as I've told yall this staff knows what they doing. Pouncey we still gotta talk to but only way he's coming is if we miss on Smith or Thomas who we both feel good about
Thomas is actually the iffy one out of those two due to an academic situation that were going over his transcripts now about. Chess not checkers.

say u are saying if we get smith and thomas they dont take pouncey? they will have the schollys to take him

We have enough schollys this year. But when recruiting you also got to think about a few years in advance as well. We never needed to take more than 3 WRs this year. And with Njoku, Harley, and Smith/Thomas that would already be 4 right there. **** I've been saying I'm more than happy with just Njoku, Smith, and Thomas then just moving on to the 2018 class.

Because as the schollys currently stand right now, we have enough this year. But the way its looking next year, quite a few players currently on scholarship are going to need to leave for us to even have 20 available. So I'm sure this staff is taking that into consideration, especially when it looks like we could take between 6-9 DBs and around 4 WRs next class. Personally between WR and DB I think we take 12 in 2018, which leaves not too much room considering we will need another 5OL and probably 5DL too.

So, you have to take next year into consideration as well. As much as people like to complain about our WR situation, its really not that bad, and Smith and Thomas alone are a great WR haul.

what?

He said out of what he listed as not coming which is referring to Paris Ford, Herbert, and Harley.
Harley is clearly the guy thats already coming. Not sure about which of the other two is more likely.

I think i understood it correctly but [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] can correct me if I misunderstood or misinterpreted it.

what?

I think Herbert is likely. The gators OL coach leaving helps us

Paris,pouncey

What about Pouncey? You've made your thoughts on his ability clear but Dugans visited him just hours ago.

Me too. That's why I asked about Pouncey. He put them both in the same category as guys off the board it looks like meanwhile Dugans flew from Illinois to see him yesterday.

Here's what yall gotta understand. Previously (ever since coker)wed get vexed with our staff cause wed put all our eggs in one basket than if things didn't go our way wed be stuck with our **** in our hands & no legit back u plan. Well as I've told yall this staff knows what they doing. Pouncey we still gotta talk to but only way he's coming is if we miss on Smith or Thomas who we both feel good about
Thomas is actually the iffy one out of those two due to an academic situation that were going over his transcripts now about. Chess not checkers.

This is what has everyone so shook. So many signing day flops. I was friends with a member on the Canes staff during the Al Golden coaching days. In 2013...we got burnt so bad it soured me on recruiting for a while. I still have the message saved. They "felt good" about so many players that we didn't get it wasn't funny. Here was the message...so positive just a week or 2 before signing day (I will leave alot out but the relevant details are here and I added comments in red):

"AQM is an excellent addition...we need dominant pass rushers and with him and Bond already in the boat. Timmy is icing. Tim will commit to us on his visit which is the weekend of the 18th. However the chances are we won't make that public so we don't have to deal with Bama or FSU trying to steal him...basically fend off the attack with silence. Matt Thomas is scheduled to announce on ESPN on signing day its looking good for us especially since FSU has lost 6 coaches this off season. Denver Kirkland is good but if he weren't MTs teammate probably would not be getting as much attention from us. We have 13 commits right now and we are only signing 20 so we have 7 spots.

Jermaine Grace - LB - Done Deal
Alex Collins - RB - Loves the attention of recruiting but will be a Cane (whiff)
Matt Thomas - LB - Cane (whiff)
Tim Williams - LB - Has done everything but say the words (whiff...I think he committed to Bama the next day LOL)
Rashard Robinson - DB - Closing in he wants to come here but mom got paid by LSU already so we are trying to fight that off (whiff)
Jaynard Bostwick - DT - Stud hes a Cane (whiff)
Stacy Coley - WR - Different kid but we're the only place hes visited
Keith Bryant - DT - Immature couple years away from making an impact if we lose him we are ok with it not the end of the world as some may think (whiff)
Denver Kirkland - OL - Like I said if he helps get MT6 we will take him (whiff)
Marcus Hardison - Juco DT - Gonna be a dude but got on him late still got work to do on him (whiff)"

These are kids...they will tell one staff something and do the complete opposite. Keep that in mind Dee...however I'm fully aware that Richt and his crew aren't the amateurs that Golden was. I'm cautiously optimistic that thing are turning around in recruiting.

Advertisement

This is what has everyone so shook. So many signing day flops. I was friends with a member on the Canes staff during the Al Golden coaching days. In 2013...we got burnt so bad it soured me on recruiting for a while. I still have the message saved. They "felt good" about so many players that we didn't get it wasn't funny. Here was the message...so positive just a week or 2 before signing day (I will leave alot out but the relevant details are here and I added comments in red):

"AQM is an excellent addition...we need dominant pass rushers and with him and Bond already in the boat. Timmy is icing. Tim will commit to us on his visit which is the weekend of the 18th. However the chances are we won't make that public so we don't have to deal with Bama or FSU trying to steal him...basically fend off the attack with silence. Matt Thomas is scheduled to announce on ESPN on signing day its looking good for us especially since FSU has lost 6 coaches this off season. Denver Kirkland is good but if he weren't MTs teammate probably would not be getting as much attention from us. We have 13 commits right now and we are only signing 20 so we have 7 spots.

Alex Collins - RB - Loves the attention of recruiting but will be a Cane (whiff)
Tim Williams - LB - Has done everything but say the words (whiff...I think he committed to Bama the next day LOL)
Rashard Robinson - DB - Closing in he wants to come here but mom got paid by LSU already so we are trying to fight that off (whiff)
Keith Bryant - DT - Immature couple years away from making an impact if we lose him we are ok with it not the end of the world as some may think (whiff)
Marcus Hardison - Juco DT - Gonna be a dude but got on him late still got work to do on him (whiff)"

These are kids...they will tell one staff something and do the complete opposite. Keep that in mind Dee...however I'm fully aware that Richt and his crew aren't the amateurs that Golden was. I'm cautiously optimistic that thing are turning around in recruiting.

What a ****** way to start the morning reading that. Makes me sick how incompetent that staff was.

Sorry man...didn't mean to do that. I was just sitting on it for a long time, and I had to get it off my chest! So glad we have moved on from that whole ****show.

My little bro went to high school with the guy...he was a great kid. He just got mixed in with the wrong coaching staff.

And why are you bringing these kids up? God there were a lot of trolls in that class and a lot of weird recruitments

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that Pete's source told him the same thing about a lot of these players. It was after this class that Pete stopped giving percentages on recruits.

My memory could be shaky, but I think we were told to fully expect Collins, Thomas, Bostwick, and Kirkland to sign with us.

Advertisement

And why are you bringing these kids up? God there were a lot of trolls in that class and a lot of weird recruitments

He's bringing this up because that staff was confident on these players, the same way that dee is confident on the guys in this class. I think dude is just cautioning us on how these things can play out.

Ya there were. That's why I brought it up. Just showing the difference between what these kids tell the coaches and what they actually do. Its insane all the info that is true at the time (especially when you hear it from Tweed, Dee, or Pete) and then it all changes the next morning when a kid lifts his head off the pillow.

He's bringing this up because that staff was confident on these players, the same way that dee is confident on the guys in this class. I think dude is just cautioning us on how these things can play out.

This...and if something doesn't actually come to fruition on signing day try not to take out our frustrations on the guys that are generous enough to give us the info (i.e. Dee, Pete, Tweed). [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] was keeping it 100 that recruiting season in '13...he was spot on about everything he was saying, but the kids flipped the script on us. **** my buddy even messaged me after Collins signed with the hillbillies how surprised they were, but he told me "not to worry about him because tomorrow (NSD on ESPN) is gonna be the Cane show". Oh ****...

Last edited:

Ya there were. That's why I brought it up. Just showing the difference between what these kids tell the coaches and what they actually do. Its insane all the info that is true at the time (especially when you hear it from Tweed, Dee, or Pete) and then it all changes the next morning when a kid lifts his head off the pillow.

Oh i got your point i was saying that from a pain standpoint, but that was a extremely weird class though a lot of those kids trolled their own family and friends

Advertisement

what?

I think i understood it correctly but [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] can correct me if I misunderstood or misinterpreted it.

Out of Ford, Harley & Herbert is what I was referring to. U already know my stance on devonta etc.

Advertisement
If Brooklyndee is wrong on this he's going to get roasted.

**** anyone who even tries to pull that ****. This is recruiting. Anything can change at any given time, for better or worse. Brooklyn has been nothing but money and generous with his information. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.

If Brooklyndee is wrong on this he's going to get roasted.

**** anyone who even tries to pull that ****. This is recruiting. Anything can change at any given time, for better or worse. Brooklyn has been nothing but money and generous with his information. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
I'm not saying that I'll roast him.

I've appreciated his input.

With that being said, you know his *** is gonna get roasted by some recruiting lightweights on here.

I'm not gonna say much on that because I was friends with a couple people on that staff too. Very good friends with two people & had a unique friendship with a third. I only say that cause I knew contrary to a few people on there. For instance ***** we stopped recruiting him with a month to go. Only let him come to campus as a courtesy to his high school. Another is once the whole debacle with Denver happened we started getting hints from mt6 people that he wasn't solid with his commitment anymore (he had been a silent for 3 months)we were told a week out he was going to bama. Collins had his entire family taking payoffs from 4 different schools. His mother was the only one still in our corner because she would be getting a job at a high end Realtors. My last thing other than I've never seen a coach go into all that detail with someone not directly related atleast to the program but hey they were unique.Again this staff ain't them & I know what goes through recruits minds. I grew up in this (literally)my God father's are Burgess Owens & Ted Hendricks. None of this is new to me.

This is where common sense comes into play again. Regardless of me calling bull**** on that post the message is still the same. If any of yall thinks things can't just simply change overnight for any of these kids than you're just dillusional. As I've said from the beginning until the fax machine goes off with that nli than everything between is simply prearranged entertainment for the fans sake. It's all irrelevant if a signature don't come with it.

Advertisement
Back