DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

Advertisement
Brooks at one point ran 4.6 though. We don’t have a thing on Hammett other than D$’s word.

there’s also a few S Fla football web sites like The Crib S Fla that ranked him#2 DE in S Fla and that’s for all grade levels. So it seems people that have watched him, really like him.

there’s also a few S Fla football web sites like The Crib S Fla that ranked him#2 DE in S Fla and that’s for all grade levels. So it seems people that have watched him, really like him.
As an end...because so do I. It makes no sense to take ENDS and make them Backers. It’s rarely done and only to kids who are elite athletes. I don’t care if Jimmy did it 40 years ago...that was 40 years ago.

I think it’s unfair to make any judgement seeing as Quarterman and Pinckney have been around for 4 years, so not much time for anyone else to shine. I’m going to guess that Brooks will be our first success story

I hope you are right. From recent memory....Mike Smith, Terry McCray, and DeAndre Wilder ( I know, injury but point still remains) all just make me hesitate. Brooks much looser and more explosive athlete than those guys though and hopefully he plays up to it this year.

Advertisement
hammett and Johnson are both Top 5 Rush Ends in HS in S Fla. not sure how that translates to LB but both are studs
It doesn't translate....tired of taking small undersize rush ends then ask them to cover guys at the college level when they dont even do it at the high school level. Luckily they seem athletic.... but there are no LB commits that make you say "**** he is good to great at everything you could ask from a LB'.

When you're talking about a kid like hammett who just turned 17, I think you look at traits like height/weight/speed and project him as a linebacker if he meets the criteria you look for. No he won't come in polished and ready to play LB at a power 5 level, but not many are outside of the Flowe's. It comes down to can we develop talent, which is a whole nother conversation

I don’t care who did what in the the 80’s. It’s the 80’s...40 years ago. Unless you know the kid can play 4-3 backer then he’s an edge guy until proven otherwise. Nobody does this anymore. NOBODY! Not even FIU/FAU.

Since he lived across the street from by grandma house and has been working on his cover skills everyday against WRs like that WR from FIU who wore #16 who happens to be a family member yeah I know he can play

Since he lived across the street from by grandma house and has been working on his cover skills everyday against WRs like that WR from FIU who wore #16 who happens to be a family member yeah I know he can play
I thought you knew Troutman, not Hammett.

Advertisement
Like brooks, cave, huff, Joyner, steed, wilder, etc? We will never give manny credit for believing in GR and pushing richt to take him
They don't like truth on this board.. You know our entire staff sucks.. Nobody gets credit.. It's the same schtick

I don’t care who did what in the the 80’s. It’s the 80’s...40 years ago. Unless you know the kid can play 4-3 backer then he’s an edge guy until proven otherwise. Nobody does this anymore. NOBODY! Not even FIU/FAU.

Hammett doing the same thing Brooks did at the West and look how Brooks transitioned to LB. FIU and FAU does this since they recruit the same kids from SFLA but hey I don’t know football

As an end...because so do I. It makes no sense to take ENDS and make them Backers. It’s rarely done and only to kids who are elite athletes. I don’t care if Jimmy did it 40 years ago...that was 40 years ago.
I always thought Jimmy’s thing was the exact opposite of that. He would take guys and move them closer to the line, sacrificing size for speed. So a safety would become an LB, not a DE?

Hammett doing the same thing Brooks did at the West and look how Brooks transitioned to LB. FIU and FAU does this since they recruit the same kids from SFLA but hey I don’t know football
what of brooks do I have to look at?

Oh and FIU/FAU don’t do it but we somehow have to.

Advertisement
I always thought Jimmy’s thing was the exact opposite of that. He would take guys and move them closer to the line, sacrificing size for speed. So a safety would become an LB, not a DE?
That’ll make too much sense. We gotta move DE’s to LBs to get the neighborhood happy...

Advertisement
I do know Troutman since he played on the same optimist program I played for just like Jaquan Johnson and Sheldrick Redwine did. Oh btw Brashad Smith, Jason Marshall, and Corey Collier also played on the same team with Troutman.
Cool. I think lil trout can play. I just don’t think we should take him over Jordan Poole.

When you're talking about a kid like hammett who just turned 17, I think you look at traits like height/weight/speed and project him as a linebacker if he meets the criteria you look for. No he won't come in polished and ready to play LB at a power 5 level, but not many are outside of the Flowe's. It comes down to can we develop talent, which is a whole nother conversation
I agree I just think that if we good a legit blue chip LB like hood, then we wouldn't have this conversation. Huff, I think, is the most recent blue chip recruit at LB, it has been all 3 stars since Manny been here. No, I'm not a star *****, i just think that they need to be able to grab an elite kid at the LB position every now and then.

This is what I remember. Armstead was a safety and we made him a LB. Stubbs was a TE and we made him a DE.

How many of these every down 7 technique rush ends turned LB's have worked out for us? I know Troutman isn't that, I actually like him as an ILB. I am more so talking about Hammett. An LB class of Johnson, Hammett, and Troutman is underwhelming to me. JMO.
I agree on Hammett. I think Chase Smith is a LB but it’s still underwhelming class.

Advertisement
Back