DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t. I’m just trying to make a point. BTW I do think lil trout can play. Don’t get wrong my man.

That was a shot at those three when it comes to their recruiting efforts. I haven’t seen the Poole kid film yet but his testing numbers look impressive. Seems like the staff is sticking to protecting home first and then branch out.

Go to the Jordan Poole thread my bro. You’ll see what I’m talking about.

I'll watch his film...But if I'm looking for a Mike I want instincts and tape, and Troutman's tape pops. And I'm sure the coaches have SOME type of insight to his athleticism. I will check Poole out though.

I don't see much wrong with Troutman...I liked Hood a little better soon. But Troutman is being slept on zzzz

Also is Chase Smith still on the board...S/LB/Whatever? Hope to **** he is a priority.

Who’s Chase Smith I’ve been seeing that name mentioned a lot I guess that’s who the staff is recruiting at the striker position.

Advertisement
Who’s Chase Smith I’ve been seeing that name mentioned a lot I guess that’s who the staff is recruiting at the striker position.

Junior Film is on 1 in the tape section.

I really couldn’t care. You’re promoting to turn down one of the most athletically gifted kids in this class for a kid who doesn’t look like he’ll ever be an elite back even though he could be productive.

I like Poole. He can really run. Those are the guys you follow because they can become stars.

But you say you want a true LB with speed. That’s Troutman. He’s doing linebacker things on tape. He’s not just running the ball or launching his shoulder into people at safety.

I'll watch his film...But if I'm looking for a Mike I want instincts and tape, and Troutman's tape pops. And I'm sure the coaches have SOME type of insight to his athleticism. I will check Poole out though.
@skeeter just to give you a heads up. He’s an RB more than anything. You got to go in looking for traits instead of skill. I don’t that type of potential is worth turning down.

Advertisement
@skeeter just to give you a heads up. He’s an RB more than anything. You got to go in looking for traits instead of skill. I don’t that type of potential is worth turning down.
So you complaining about Hammett and Johnson cause they not true LBs In HS but is crying and whining about taking another guy in Poole who isn’t a true LB?

I like Poole. He can really run. Those are the guys you follow because they can become stars.

But you say you want a true LB with speed. That’s Troutman. He’s doing linebacker things on tape. He’s not just running the ball or launching his shoulder into people at safety.
So you complaining about Hammett and Johnson cause they not true LBs In HS but is crying and whining about taking another guy in Poole who isn’t a true LB?
So you two would’ve turned down Isaiah Simmons for a true backer prospect?

Are you trying to put taking a S and moving him to Backer in the same category as taking a DE and moving him to Backer?

Advertisement
And I thought I was miserable sometimes. We got 3 solid prospects. We aren’t going to land any elite lbs until we start winning consistently.

Those guys aren’t hand in the dirt true DEs
Yea, nice try. Being 3-4 edge guys isn’t an improvement. They’re never tasked to drop into actual coverage and only drop in flats because you don’t needs instincts to drop in flats.

People aren’t watching what’s going on with the offense when they watch linebacker film. Troutman is figuring out where the **** ball is gonna go. That sht erases any 4.4 guy that is lost out there. Look at this play against Notre Dame where it was 3 and 3 and JJ ran towards the guy in motion before the ball was snapped. They couldn’t convert. I’ll take guys like that all day. It starts at the 29 minute mark. If JJ isn’t there to cause a delay in the option they convert that play.

Advertisement
Back