DeShawn Troutman, LB Orlando Edgewater ('21)

The young man has character, but I won’t disregard that he’s a hot head. He’s just gotta learn to control his temper. He seems to listen to the staff, but he don’t know how to ignore trash talking from his peers or people not giving their all. I said he’s fought his teammates, but he’s also fought with his teammates against local thugs trying to be tough guys.
He has great leadership skills. He can be the type to give a “Joaquin said dominate and we not doing it” speech. Its much too early, but I think the best nfl lb comparison for him would be Wesley Woodyard.
Well Ivins is really close to putting in a CB pick and he doesn't do that unless he's pretty sure Miami will be the choice.

Advertisement
Can he play ILB is my question ? If he can it eases the pain a bit of losing Hood but man.......that's a big whiff by Manny, Baker, and Patke. I'd still recruit Hood to the bitter end regardless, and maybe he flips after Michigan loses to pedo state and gets crushed by OSU per usual.

His entire film is at IL
That’s not why the CB might be put in. They want to make him a striker....lmao.

y’all still don’t believe me about Chase Smith?

That might be Ivins saying that. Miami doesn’t necessarily recruit a guy to play striker but will move them there if they think they can add to the defense. This kid doesn’t fit that mold, Chase Smith/ Dink Johnson are more potential strikers

Advertisement
His entire film is at IL

That might be Ivins saying that. Miami doesn’t necessarily recruit a guy to play striker but will move them there if they think they can add to the defense. This kid doesn’t fit that mold, Chase Smith/ Dink Johnson are more potential strikers
I only watched a small piece of his film half assed barely paying attention hence me asking

You’re joking right? You gave me a warning over that when the guy has been in a couple different threads antagonizing me over two weeks?

Z, you're a good guy, 95% of your posts are informative. But seriously, there is no need to be defensive, and it's okay to let other people pat you on the back, you don't need to do it yourself.

This reminds me of when Brock first came on the board and would challenge anyone who questioned his opinion. I'm sure you remember. And now Brock has mellowed, and is a totally cool poster that even Canemang and Franchise get along with.

One thing I've learned over the 2+ decades on the boards is that sometimes even the coaches and recruits themselves don't know what the **** they're thinking. They'll like one guy/program one day, then flip the next. My point is, no one has a monopoly on inside information, and not even friends and family "know" with certainty.

Again, being at Edgewater, I can say that troutman is a good LB and is A HUGE MIAMI HURRICANES FAN. Me and have had to argue with other about Miami during the season. Some of which was embarrassing. He’s Probably better in pass coverage than he is in the run game. I don’t know if he really has the size though right now. I haven’t seen him since December, but I’d say he’s somewhere around 5’11 190ish. But he is 16 so there’s a possible chance he sprouts during summer to 6’1-6’2. I’ll say this much... he’ll definitely be Faster, athletic, and more aggressive than Pickney was.

I’ll tell you all this too, he is a hot head. Which could be a bad or good thing. I’ve had to talk to him a couple of times. He’s a punch-teammates-in-the-face type of hot head. Which he has done multiple times. Got suspended a couple of games. But overall, he’s a great kid when he’s not being “passionate.” Real great kid that listens to adults. He has Had troubled background, and that’s part of the reason why he moved up to Orlando. His brother plays at Louisville now. So Louisville is another place looking at. By the mid-season of next year, I suspect his stock RISE, So if he commits to Miami now... I just hope it last.

If his brother is Trenell they are all hotheads.

The young man has character, but I won’t disregard that he’s a hot head. He’s just gotta learn to control his temper. He seems to listen to the staff, but he don’t know how to ignore trash talking from his peers or people not giving their all. I said he’s fought his teammates, but he’s also fought with his teammates against local thugs trying to be tough guys.
He has great leadership skills. He can be the type to give a “Joaquin said dominate and we not doing it” speech. Its much too early, but I think the best nfl lb comparison for him would be Wesley Woodyard.
That's great, the team definitely needs a few of these. If that requires punches, so be it.

Advertisement
That's great, the team definitely needs a few of these. If that requires punches, so be it.
Agree 100% it’s been to many nice guys on the team the last 15 years! Bring them in and teach them how to turn it on and off, this is where good coaches set themselves apart.

Advertisement
I need to hear more about that....

it was posted on this board.

Freshman year when Jeff first was coming here...for whatever reason he played with his hs 7 on 7 team that went aainst Troutman's team and they got into it. Not sure why Jeff thomas agraduated kid was still trying to play 7 on 7 with kids still in high school but he learned how s.fla kids are that day

Advertisement
Yep. That’s his brother. Heard they’re pops doing a lifer.
**** he must be. I know Trenell & Montrell really well and their mom has a couple of younger kids but I don't remember them telling me about DeShawn. They might've but I don't remember. Do they have different mothers? But I know you know what you're talking about because their ol' boy is doing the Long Stretch in SC...

Advertisement
Back