2024 Deryc Plazz, OT - Andrew Jackson HS (Jacksonville FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plazz -- No clue about how good he is or where he'll choose. He shows some great traits on his HUDL, and also several issues he needs to work on. He dominates weaker DL but has lazy feet on most snaps, IMO. He relies too much on strength to overpower kids. Would like to see more burst. But if Mario and Alex like him, that means they believe he can be coached up. So I am all in on hoping he falls to the good guys.

Nelson -- D$ absolutely said he was on track to play. I've read every update of his and listened to every **** podcast of him and Ariz even though Arize is annoying to me. Nelson is tracking. ... Plus there was a recent photo of him working out without a brace and being at one of the big camps without a brace. So he may be non-contact during Camp. But he's playing barring setbacks.

Which makes sense since staff didn't push hard for a starting OT in the portal even after Rivers got outmaneuvered in the spring game. They expected even then that either Nelson or McCoy or both were coming back. ... IMHO, a healthy Zion will be an All ACC level OT.
I got a sauce and I asked him today. Zion is good and is battling at multiple positions. The team is in full cross train mode on the OL.

Advertisement
As I mentioned in the ATM, Miami is very confident here.
Danny not much talk on how or why we lost Schmo to Pitt. Was he not a take since we were waiting to hear from Plazz? Did Plazz open up because we lost Schmo? What’s the story?

Will be interesting to see how this class pans out if it stays the way it is with so many 3s...not many championship caliber teams built this way but it's still early...and some guys may get bumps during their Senior seasons...would like to see some more quality added to the top tho

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see how this class pans out if it stays the way it is with so many 3s...not many championship caliber teams built this way but it's still early...and some guys may get bumps during their Senior seasons...would like to see some more quality added to the top tho

Some will get bumps, some will get added, some may drop off, portal will hopefully fill holes with higher quality while the 3 stars get to develop.

Go back and look at the Clemson recruiting class rankings before their 2 recent titles: 2012-2016 had only 1 class within top 10 and they took plenty of 3 star kids. Not the typical path, but one class here and there with more 3 star kids ranking around 15th nationwide won't kill the program if our evals are mostly on point.

Advertisement
Curious to know how you thought it was pronounced
download (5).jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Go back and look at the Clemson recruiting class rankings before their 2 recent titles: 2012-2016 had only 1 class within top 10 and they took plenty of 3 star kids. Not the typical path, but one class here and there with more 3 star kids ranking around 15th nationwide won't kill the program if our evals are mostly on point.
They had a few key recruits though that seemed to turn them around. Seems like Tahj Boyd and Sammy Watkins started it though. Hopefully we can turn it around with Wr and Qb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back