Derion Kendrick in the portal

Clemson is kicking Kendrick out for a reason. You don’t catch them by taking shortcuts and recycling their trash.

We took shortcuts in 2019 and lost to FIU.

We took shortcuts by hiring Manny Diaz as the HC so it’s too late to go back now. Let me know when the Manny Diaz way finally wins a bowl game against a below average CFB team.

Advertisement
Alabama and Ohio State aren't taking these kids, either.

This is not a player who just wants to transfer, or got in trouble with the school for some off-field mistake. Dabo kicked him out because he thought he had become detrimental to the team and their pursuit of a championship.
I listen to the Cover 3 Podcast regularly and a recent episode they discussed off-season transfers. Barton Simmons recently took a job at Vandy to be their GM and they replaced him on the pod w Bud Elliot (FSU homer) *eyeroll*. Bud mentioned he’s been told by a specific staffer at an unnamed school that they were happy to have a guy back that had good draft stock. Bud’s words paraphrased: they just couldn’t keep the kid bc he’s run out of drug tests that he could fail there. They’d keep him but his next failed drug test results in suspension. Bud literally said that the kid loves weed too much. He explained that when u transfer your drug tests reset, you get a clean slate, on paper. Found that interesting and now this comes out. Could be related but didn’t know that about testing prior to him mentioning it.

Dabo was 1-3 in his first bowl games, capped off by a 70-33 Orange bowl bludgeoning by West Virginia at the end of year four.

lol So that gives you hope?? Clemson won 10 games in 2011 the year they played West Virginia. That West Virginia team was one of the best offensive teams in the country. Miami in 2011 only won 6 games by comparison. The next year Clemson only lost 2 games, and beat LSU in a bowl game as the underdog without Sammy Watkins. This isn't the same thing.

Advertisement
lol So that gives you hope?? Clemson won 10 games in 2011 the year they played West Virginia. That West Virginia team was one of the best offensive teams in the country. Miami in 2011 only won 6 games by comparison. The next year Clemson only lost 2 games, and beat LSU in a bowl game as the underdog without Sammy Watkins. This isn't the same thing.

No it doesn’t give me hope, it makes your comparison ridiculous.

Your excuse making skills for Dabo are admirable though. Especially when you need to get to year 5 to find them.

This is not a player who just wants to transfer, or got in trouble with the school for some off-field mistake. Dabo kicked him out because he thought he had become detrimental to the team and their pursuit of a championship.
Do they?

Saban took Vandarius Cowan a couple cycles back even after he was thrown off his high school team. (He didn’t last long from my recollection but they still took him.) Further, guys like Rolando McClain & Reuben Foster couldn’t get out of their own way almost immediately after leaving the Saban cocoon, I highly doubt those issues just began as soon as they left lol.

Ohio St? The same school that employed Urban Meyer lol? I will give you that Urban did throw out Janoris Jenkins back in the day, that situation seems very analogous to the one here with Mr. Kendrick.

In general, I find your culture comments to be spot on. However, until we start beating these schools heads up on the trail for talent, we gotta procure it from somewhere. Given the risk-reward on a 1 year rental, I find it difficult to turn down taking Kendrick.

Best case scenario, we pass on Kendrick & T Rob works his magic with what we have leading to drastic improvement, while also landing some studs this cycle. Looking forward to your spring practice breakdown/updates on our DB’s! Go Canes!

If the kid wanted in and was vetted I would take him and make sure he knows he’s on a short leash. We have taken 1 year players and turned them into draft picks who’s to say he didn’t see that and want to come here for that and also the chance to play Dabo and keep him from the playoffs. All those things I listed aren’t very likely haha but if he’s serious. Take him and if he’s still a jerkoff cut him it’s that easy and simple.

Advertisement

Those teams have 5-star depth. Therefore, they can afford to discard high-level when they can replenish it instantly or when they still can remain a competitive advantage over the field. Look at LSU, when they dismissed the honey-badger.

When you don't have that luxury, teams will do everything in their power to keep them ala LSU with D. Guice and FSU with 🦀.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I want him. I’ll take a ****head stud LB too and some ******* stellar guards who maul people.

I’m tired of good character guys that suck. Take a chance on toxicity that dominates. And if he gets out of hand in the locker room, have Nesta “talk” to him. And then if that doesn’t work, feed him a steady diet of well-done steaks with nothing to wash it down with except Ketchup until he complies with “Mannurabi’s Code”.
I like the way you think.🤣

I want him. I’ll take a ****head stud LB too and some ******* stellar guards who maul people.

I’m tired of good character guys that suck. Take a chance on toxicity that dominates. And if he gets out of hand in the locker room, have Nesta “talk” to him. And then if that doesn’t work, feed him a steady diet of well-done steaks with nothing to wash it down with except Ketchup until he complies with “Mannurabi’s Code”.

The best teams have guys like this. They just find a way to keep things on the low and get the kid through until he's in the league.

We need a proven shutdown corner on the other side of Rique. I want to win this year f*ck

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back