Derek Wingo Finally Gets Miami Offer

Cam Harris wasn’t the workhorse back at Carol City he could’ve been. Nayquan got some carries over him.

Does that mean Cam can’t succeed at UM? Because he flashed a lot last year. A player can succeed at college more than in high school. A player can succeed in the NFL more than college.

So many factors go into how many reps players get in high school that to simply say because Blades lost some reps to Jaden Davis he won’t be good in college is just naive.
Harris made hella plays at CC, especially the championship year. He had the big TD vs Lake Gibson which was eventually the ball game. Posters are saying we got an elite blue chip from STA when we got Blades. Yet and still, no one saw him do any **** thing to warrant that ranking but continue to insist he was elite. The only proof was at the flag football circuits, which are the summer camps. I’m not saying he’s not going to succeed, I’m just saying, he’s yet to do anything significant in two years to even suggest he’s Miami caliber other than his size and his name.

Advertisement
You sound like a blind Homer. I’m waiting for you to give me the elite blue chipper numbers to validate Blades being a top 60... I know we may need walkers and wheelchairs before you can get back to me tho.
Are you really this dense?

I don’t have to show you any rationale for him being top 60 on Rivals. It is an absolute fact. You can look it up yourself. Just go to www.rivals.com.

You can disagree with their rankings all you want. But the premise of your argument is idiotic.

Most true freshmen do. He made plays too... what did Blades do the last two years?

What does Blades have to do with this? You were trying to compare a freshman who got bullied last year to a NFL player and Bandy lol

Again, best local ATH projected to play LB.

He can not be the best local LB you saw if he never played LB in a game.

I have never seen any DE make a seemless transition to the LB position, and it all has to do with a LBs most important trait and that is LB instincts.

They take a while to develop, so I’m not going to make the same mistake these scouting sites do every cycle by listing guys that have never played the position as top 5 LBs in the nation just b/c they are a certain size and can move well when there may be one guy out of ten that make that transition successfully, and most never produce for a few years.
I see where you’re coming from. It’s odd to claim he’s the best LB you’ve seen when he’s never played LB.

What does Blades have to do with this? You were trying to compare a freshman who got bullied last year to a NFL player and Bandy lol
Again, we were talking about not landing the elite STA blue chips and Blades was mentioned as being one. I just said it was based off camps bc he didn’t even play so how was he elite.

Advertisement
Are you really this dense?

I don’t have to show you any rationale for him being top 60 on Rivals. It is an absolute fact. You can look it up yourself. Just go to www.rivals.com.

You can disagree with their rankings all you want. But the premise of your argument is idiotic.
Bro all you do is name call like you a real tough guy. If you your screen name you were a bust too. My point is all you’re doing is going off a ranking which is really idiotic when you can actually watch players play. Battle was night and day better than Blades at STA, so was Asante Jr but Blades was ranked higher. Like for real, stop just using Rivals ranking to make a BS point. Just like you talk about Rivals when they report late, now you’re defending them to make a false claim. Blades did nothing to be called or considered elite outside of camp.

Bro all you do is name call like you a real tough guy. If you your screen name you were a bust too. My point is all you’re doing is going off a ranking which is really idiotic when you can actually watch players play. Battle was night and day better than Blades at STA, so was Asante Jr but Blades was ranked higher. Like for real, stop just using Rivals ranking to make a BS point. Just like you talk about Rivals when they report late, now you’re defending them to make a false claim. Blades did nothing to be called or considered elite outside of camp.
This is a discussion board. I’m not talking tough. I’m an old guy. I got no interest in a discussion with someone who thinks this is about tough. I am just pointing out your logical flaws.

This who exchange started because you chosed to jump in and tell everyone that Blades was not a blue chip recruit. You did that. The obvious response was: welp, you’re wrong, at last based on objective metrics. You could have chosed to say that you didnt think he was that good, but you didnt. You got all indignant that he wasnt a top recruit, which again, by objective metrics, is a silly argument. The top recruiting service thinks he was a top recruit, amd many of the top college coaches thought he was worth an offer. But you knew better. We get it.

Sees this thread updated throughout the weekend.
Opens thread to see what is the latest on this prospect.
Finds 80 percent of thread consists of ****ing match between two
Folks who need to get a room.
I have points and coupons for Marriott if anyone is interested.

Advertisement
You can say whatever you want. He was ranked by the largest ranking service as the #59 player in the cluntry and had offers to match. Claiming he wasn't blue chip is stupid, imo.

And recruiting services have always been on point with kids? And even then they didn’t rate him in the top, still doesn’t differ from the fact he never started over underclassmen and not even in nickle packages, kid has to prove himself

I thought Yearby took first snaps, but they split carries overall though.

If not mistaken, Yearby was the starter and Cook coming in splitting carries. No difference than Freeman and Coleman in Atl or Howard and Cohen in Chicago.

And recruiting services have always been on point with kids? And even then they didn’t rate him in the top, still doesn’t differ from the fact he never started over underclassmen and not even in nickle packages, kid has to prove himself
All kids have to prove themselves, blue chip or not.

Advertisement
This is a discussion board. I’m not talking tough. I’m an old guy. I got no interest in a discussion with someone who thinks this is about tough. I am just pointing out your logical flaws.

This who exchange started because you chosed to jump in and tell everyone that Blades was not a blue chip recruit. You did that. The obvious response was: welp, you’re wrong, at last based on objective metrics. You could have chosed to say that you didnt think he was that good, but you didnt. You got all indignant that he wasnt a top recruit, which again, by objective metrics, is a silly argument. The top recruiting service thinks he was a top recruit, amd many of the top college coaches thought he was worth an offer. But you knew better. We get it.
I said based off camps he was a top recruit bc he did nothing on the field to prove he was a top 60. ****, he didn’t even start and wasn’t injured. We know the flag football circuit get kids rankings, so stop acting like it doesn’t. You have yet to name something Blades did at STA yo merit a top 60 ranking I see. Keep deflecting.

4* or 5* = blue chip recruit.
Blades was a consensus 4*.
Thus, Blades was a blue chip recruit.
Yeah based off camps. That’s not the blue chip that Battle or Bosa is and we all know it. We can act like he’s a top recruit but we wanted PS2 and Campbell WAY more. ****, even Samuel Jr and Asante Jr.

Advertisement
I said based off camps he was a top recruit bc he did nothing on the field to prove he was a top 60. ****, he didn’t even start and wasn’t injured. We know the flag football circuit get kids rankings, so stop acting like it doesn’t. You have yet to name something Blades did at STA yo merit a top 60 ranking I see. Keep deflecting.
His FINAL ranking was 59, and Rivals FINAL ranking tends to be pretty good. There are lots of kids who get ranked high early and decline over time. Others go up over time. I don’t recall where Blades started, but Rivals ended with him at 59.

Again, all you’re saying is YOU, in your own ranking, disagree with them. That’s fine. In your world, he wasn’t a ‘blue chip’ prospect. We get it. But in the objective world, he was ranked 59 by the biggest recruiting site out there. In their final ranking. And had major offers in support of that. So, objectively, the outside world saw him as ‘blue chip.’ It’s okay for you to disagree, but why try to dispute the obvious?

Sees this thread updated throughout the weekend.
Opens thread to see what is the latest on this prospect.
Finds 80 percent of thread consists of ****ing match between two
Folks who need to get a room.
I have points and coupons for Marriott if anyone is interested.
How many points? Lol

His FINAL ranking was 59, and Rivals FINAL ranking tends to be pretty good. There are lots of kids who get ranked high early and decline over time. Others go up over time. I don’t recall where Blades started, but Rivals ended with him at 59.

Again, all you’re saying is YOU, in your own ranking, disagree with them. That’s fine. In your world, he wasn’t a ‘blue chip’ prospect. We get it. But in the objective world, he was ranked 59 by the biggest recruiting site out there. In their final ranking. And had major offers in support of that. So, objectively, the outside world saw him as ‘blue chip.’ It’s okay for you to disagree, but why try to dispute the obvious?
He started ranked in the top 20-30’s range. The obvious is that the rankings were based off camps bc the obvious once again is, he didn’t play. So it’s not me it’s reality. How can someone that doesn’t start, isn’t hurt, barely plays, get a higher ranking than the guy who is making plays in front of him? It’s pathetic that blind fans like yourself would try to justify his ranking and call him a blue chip when you saw absolutely nothing from him smh.. that’s our fan base tho, delusion.

Advertisement
Back